Dri Archer 4.28 40.....Late Round Pic...?!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way, drafting Peyton with your top 3 pick would have been a bad move in just about every league I play in.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I do pretty well by myself, plus I tend to not take anyone who calls others by their home country.

Focus on the strikeouts and stop fluffing yourself, thanks.

Here is the thing... when you have Peyton Manning, Jimmy Graham, and Josh Gordon on every team, it doesn't matter how many strikeouts you have.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
By the way, drafting Peyton with your top 3 pick would have been a bad move in just about every league I play in.

If 55 td passes and 5500 yards passing is a bad move in any league, it's a dumb league.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I played in 5 leagues, Peyton Manning was on the winning team in a total of zero leagues :shrug:

Since NFL.com said Peyton was the #1 player on championship teams and tore it up during the fantasy playoffs I am going to say that is an anomaly.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since NFL.com said Peyton was the #1 player on championship teams and tore it up during the fantasy playoffs I am going to say that is an anomaly.

Source? Most Manning owners went out in week 15 when he was very avg for those ownwers, unfortunately for them.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I bet he will go early 3rd. Teams will reach for a playmaker.

Kinda like the honeybadger

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
5'7 185lb Garrett Wolfe was drafted in the 3rd, and most everyone thought that was too early.
Archer will probably go midround 4th.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if people think he will be Sproles then they will be disappointed I dont think he is as elusive as Sproles. But if you want a good returner who can give you some plays at WR and RB then he's your guy.

But why? Draft an Eddie Lacy and punish them. Don't dump a little dink on the turf and run out of bounds.

5 yards by Lacy>5 yards by sproles

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't like him as an NFL runningback. He's all speed with no substance. Essentially at the level he's playing he can constantly just break defenders' tackle angles by running fast. He's not going to get you any tough yards and he's actually not that good of a reciever out of the backfield.

The most impressive thing about his game is the way he runs in a straight line for 20+ yards. Unfortunatly in football it's rare a team will let a player do that.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
5'7 185lb Garrett Wolfe was drafted in the 3rd, and most everyone thought that was too early.
Archer will probably go midround 4th.

I actually like the Wolfe comparision, but knowng what Wolfe ultimately became isn't that a better case that he shouldn't be drafted at all?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
But why? Draft an Eddie Lacy and punish them. Don't dump a little dink on the turf and run out of bounds.

5 yards by Lacy>5 yards by sproles

I'm by no means saying he would be the back up in fact quite the opposite. I don't think Archer can handle back up duties, but rather give him a few plays at both WR,RB to get the ball in his hands while maintaining return duties.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm by no means saying he would be the back up in fact quite the opposite. I don't think Archer can handle back up duties, but rather give him a few plays at both WR,RB to get the ball in his hands while maintaining return duties.

He can't block and he's not that good of a receiver. IMO he's not shifty at all, he's just fast. Essentially if you can pitch the ball or give him a bubble screen where he can just run in a straight line then he'll do great, but why not run that bubble screen to one of your WRs or the sweep to Forte because in both of those situations those players can do so much more with the football?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Forte will be used even more as a receiver this year. Ford and a Big Young Punishing back is the way to go

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually like the Wolfe comparision, but knowng what Wolfe ultimately became isn't that a better case that he shouldn't be drafted at all?

Absolutely. We shouldnt be drafting Archer but should go Big young bruiser.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He can't block and he's not that good of a receiver. IMO he's not shifty at all, he's just fast. Essentially if you can pitch the ball or give him a bubble screen where he can just run in a straight line then he'll do great, but why not run that bubble screen to one of your WRs or the sweep to Forte because in both of those situations those players can do so much more with the football?

Reading through that thread I referred to earlier, you didn't like Dez Bryant as a fantasy option last year. It made me LOL.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in the 6th i love the guy. he's one piece, and can be used many ways. we do still need a BIG BACK, not sure if Ford is that guy. i could see Dri as KR/PR and the #4 wr, a few specialty plays. not sure how smart he is, as far as really being a WR. maybe a McCluster kind of player?

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I don't like him as a back all that much, rather see him in the slot as a 4th receiver or something. I don't trust his 3rd down pass blocking and I think he might get injured pretty easily in the NFL. However, there is one thought that struck me as something that'd be pretty awesome to see, you could have both Jeffrey and Archer run sweeps at different times, or simultaneously and fake to the RB or something. You could get pretty creative with them since you'd have to respect that Archer, Jeffrey, Forte can all get the ball, or it could be a PA pass, etc. I think that'd be pretty exciting to see. But other than his return skills, I don't know if he's really worth drafting.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Reading through that thread I referred to earlier, you didn't like Dez Bryant as a fantasy option last year. It made me LOL.

Reading through your posts you were wrong before as well. I'll take a different approach and let it go, but hey, do what you want.