Dri Archer 4.28 40.....Late Round Pic...?!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
in the 6th i love the guy. he's one piece, and can be used many ways. we do still need a BIG BACK, not sure if Ford is that guy. i could see Dri as KR/PR and the #4 wr, a few specialty plays. not sure how smart he is, as far as really being a WR. maybe a McCluster kind of player?
I don't see him as a guy that can be used in many ways, but more a guy that needs to be used in only specific ways. Can't stay in and block, push the pile, or really make guys miss in short space. He's got speed, which is good in the open field, so you can run sweeps and bubble screens with him, but I don't see too much past that.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He can't block and he's not that good of a receiver. IMO he's not shifty at all, he's just fast. Essentially if you can pitch the ball or give him a bubble screen where he can just run in a straight line then he'll do great, but why not run that bubble screen to one of your WRs or the sweep to Forte because in both of those situations those players can do so much more with the football?

He's a pretty good receiver actually. giving him a few pitches or screens or reverses is all you need on top of return duties. Let him run a fly route every now and then, defenses will still have to respect his speed.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's a pretty good receiver actually. giving him a few pitches or screens or reverses is all you need on top of return duties. Let him run a fly route every now and then, defenses will still have to respect his speed.

I look at it a bit differently. I see him run screens, but not too much past that. I agree his speed alone is something that the D has to account for, but at the end of the day he's not going to be able to run a full route tree.

When looking at a RB that can do that I think of Forte or Sproles. Many times they are split out wide and it's not that they are always faster than the guy covering them, but they can actually do many things while they are out there. From the Kent State games I saw (maybe 3) the only time he lined up wide was to get a bubble screen. Forte can be split out on his own and run a slant, in, hook or a go route. His speed isn't what makes him deadly, but more his versitility as a reciever when being split out wide.

There's no denying his speed, but when I'm watching him I'm seeing nothing but speed and that worries me. Looking at his game logs who has he really played? He's played at a low level in college and has been pretty much a one trick pony. For him he'd be trying to make plays against the fastest, biggest compeitition he's ever faced and and as a league they have seen guys of equal speed and have a plan to deal with him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He is being talked about as a 5-6th rd pick. So saying he is limited is obvious. Guys that run 4.28, have size and strength aren't late round picks. If you look at his kick returns, he reminds me of young Hester. He hits that first hole at full speed , makes one little cut and his speed just takes half of the guys out of he play. If he came in as a 5th rnd KR/PR that could be the third RB and/or 5th WR I think that would be a steal. Even in a limited role, he would create problems for defenses with his speed, even if it just was opening up space for Marshal / Jeffery, that would enough.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He is being talked about as a 5-6th rd pick. So saying he is limited is obvious. Guys that run 4.28, have size and strength aren't late round picks. If you look at his kick returns, he reminds me of young Hester. He hits that first hole at full speed , makes one little cut and his speed just takes half of the guys out of he play. If he came in as a 5th rnd KR/PR that could be the third RB and/or 5th WR I think that would be a steal. Even in a limited role, he would create problems for defenses with his speed, even if it just was opening up space for Marshal / Jeffery, that would enough.

Exactly, Archer doesnt have the agility that Hester had but again as you stated Hester was a 2nd round pick Archer being viewed as a 5th round pick.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
He may be a good player but speed isn't everything and he plays for Kent State which means lesser competition. Still I wouldn't be upset if the Bears got him in the later rounds.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Exactly, Archer doesnt have the agility that Hester had but again as you stated Hester was a 2nd round pick Archer being viewed as a 5th round pick.
I think the lack of agility thing is deceiving. He was 4th at the combine in 3 cone and 2nd in 20yrd shuttle for RB's. He just didn't need to do much at Kent because a little wiggle and poof he was gone. And knocking him as a blocker is silly. If he is brought in to block on 3rd down then someone is using him wrong. He isn't a spell back, where he comes in for a series or 2. He is 3rd down out of the backfield, in motion, or split out wide guy that makes the defense think. If he returned kicks and saw 10-15 plays a game that would be a great find in the 5-6th.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm convinced. Get er done:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He may be a good player but speed isn't everything and he plays for Kent State which means lesser competition. Still I wouldn't be upset if the Bears got him in the later rounds.

Hey....... I got my Masters at Kent State!!! Golden Flashes all the way!:)

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Hopefully the Bears can draft him in the 5th or 6th round.

Some teams might rank him higher than that, IDK.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
But why? Draft an Eddie Lacy and punish them. Don't dump a little dink on the turf and run out of bounds.

5 yards by Lacy>5 yards by sproles

Eddie Lacy won't play in the NFL as long as Sproles.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If there's anything worse than reading about some dude's fantasy team, I don't know what it is.

Liked Posts:
What about Jerrick McKinnon? He ran a 4.35/40 with 32 BP. That kid looks the part as a mid round HB. The Bears could do a lot of different things with a kid like McKinnon on the field.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This 40 time seems like an Emery smoke screen