Dri Archer 4.28 40.....Late Round Pic...?!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're wasting your time barking up that tree.

Did you have anything to offer to the conversation? Midway made a statement that I showed him was 0-5 in my personal experience, he then says something about NFL.com that I can't find. I asked him for sources ... He gave me google, so I tried that too and guess what, still nothing to prove what he's saying is true.

PS - Footballguys.com don't even have such stats, so I was curious as to where and who the other top guys were. I can't find such lists anywhere.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I think the lack of agility thing is deceiving. He was 4th at the combine in 3 cone and 2nd in 20yrd shuttle for RB's. He just didn't need to do much at Kent because a little wiggle and poof he was gone. And knocking him as a blocker is silly. If he is brought in to block on 3rd down then someone is using him wrong. He isn't a spell back, where he comes in for a series or 2. He is 3rd down out of the backfield, in motion, or split out wide guy that makes the defense think. If he returned kicks and saw 10-15 plays a game that would be a great find in the 5-6th.

Couldn't agree more and thats what I was suggesting using him as. Not nearly big enough to handle the #2 role, also even though he had a good 3 cone and 20 he doesnt show the true agility on the field, not to say he isnt agile just not elite. That's why Austin is viewed as a much better prospect overall (to go along with better comp and stats)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well we don't need a third down back, if anything spell Forte from the hard yards on first and second down. Forte is the best WR I have ever seen come out of the backfield. You can literally line him up against corners and he has the skill and body control to shield and hands to make a tough catch in traffic. We don't use it enough.

Archer is a waste with Ford in the fold, and given what Forte can do. We need a fat back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like him as an NFL runningback. He's all speed with no substance. Essentially at the level he's playing he can constantly just break defenders' tackle angles by running fast. He's not going to get you any tough yards and he's actually not that good of a reciever out of the backfield.

The most impressive thing about his game is the way he runs in a straight line for 20+ yards. Unfortunatly in football it's rare a team will let a player do that.

we are in agreement. this guy is too risky for any pick at all to be used on him. I liked Garrett Wolfe much more as the next Sproles. I don't think we will see much from Archer at the next level except he should compare to Holliday the little return man that fumbles alot. Thats my player comparison. I can get on board if its a late pick for a return man but I'd rather not tempt Trestman to actually try and use him, taking snaps away from Forte.