DUKE Thread: ACC Championship (UVA)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Congrats UNC. Just won your season's championship.

Rushing the floor? really?

umm.....

To be fair, they are unranked,we are #5, and it was a really good win for them.

They should be ranked now though, considering they've won like 8 straight.

We'll get them in Cameron

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ga Tech fans just started chanting "Overrated" when Jabari Parker missed a FT. He had gone 2-6 from the line @ the time. The problem: Duke is up by 16 with 12 min left in the half, and Parker is shooting 60% from the field, with 16 pts and 12 rebounds.

We can't take them anywhere. :X

I was at that game. In the student section. Facepalms were had.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
U Mad bro?

ehh - not really mad. Would've liked the win - but, college b-ball at it's finest. I'm the first to admit Duke gets home-cookin' @ Cameron. The garbage that claims Duke gets more calls than any other team in college b-ball is annoying, but nothing but a blip. UNC got a lot of calls in this game, but it all evens out in home-and-home series', typically.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
ehh - not really mad. Would've liked the win - but, college b-ball at it's finest. I'm the first to admit Duke gets home-cookin' @ Cameron. The garbage that claims Duke gets more calls than any other team in college b-ball is annoying, but nothing but a blip. UNC got a lot of calls in this game, but it all evens out in home-and-home series', typically.

UNC has no business rushing the court to be honest. I was just messing with you. UNC, Duke, and a few other teams really shouldn't do that sort of thing. Act like you've been there I always say.

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
UNC has no business rushing the court to be honest. I was just messing with you. UNC, Duke, and a few other teams really shouldn't do that sort of thing. Act like you've been there I always say.

Yeah, I mean...I guess I have a different perspective...I don't know that i've ever seen the floor rushed at Cameron...and I get it for a lot of teams. Most teams, even...but Duke, UNC, Syracuse, UK, Kansas...even UCLA and Arizona to a lesser extent...Indiana, too...just don't see the draw to it. I know students are recycled every few years, and some have never experienced it...but...was a bit of :facepalm: to see them rush.

Regardless, was a really good win for them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That's a tough call to make at the end of the game. I don't think Boeheim lost the game as some might mention, but his actions sure didn't do anything to help. He's ejection was necessary though, you don't do that despite what Vitale thinks. Glad Bilas, who I hate heaping praise at but god damn't the guy is turning me as of late, took him to task for it.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's a tough call to make at the end of the game. I don't think Boeheim lost the game as some might mention, but his actions sure didn't do anything to help. He's ejection was necessary though, you don't do that despite what Vitale thinks. Glad Bilas, who I hate heaping praise at but god damn't the guy is turning me as of late, took him to task for it.

The call very well may have won the game for Duke, but Boeheim's reaction sealed it, given 4 FTs followed. It was a tough call, one that I'd rather see be a "play on"...but given Syracuse got a handful of the close calls in their building, it all evened out.

Good win for the Dukies.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Frustrating loss. Lot of "typical" things in it, though.

Duke wasn't hitting 3's..When they don't 3s, they're susceptible to losing any game.
Wake got calls that Duke didn't. Happens for home teams in the ACC. With a minute left, Duke has 23 fouls to Wake's 12. lol.
Duke was probably over-looking Wake w/ a matchup against UNC coming.

Ah well. Still looking @ a #2 seed in the tourney. Do Work against UNC on Saturday. I hate those guys. We owe 'em.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frustrating loss. Lot of "typical" things in it, though.

Duke wasn't hitting 3's..When they don't 3s, they're susceptible to losing any game.
Wake got calls that Duke didn't. Happens for home teams in the ACC. With a minute left, Duke has 23 fouls to Wake's 12. lol.
Duke was probably over-looking Wake w/ a matchup against UNC coming.

Ah well. Still looking @ a #2 seed in the tourney. Do Work against UNC on Saturday. I hate those guys. We owe 'em.

They couldnt stop Parker or Hood and they went away from them when Wake went on that final run.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They couldnt stop Parker or Hood and they went away from them when Wake went on that final run.

When the final run started, both were off the floor w/ 4 fouls...but, that's still part of it. Parker's forced to play the 4/5, and not have the ball in his hands...

It'll change in the tourney, I hope...There's no 4 in basketball that can guard Parker on the perimeter...and I'll take my chances w/ a zone.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the final run started, both were off the floor w/ 4 fouls...but, that's still part of it. Parker's forced to play the 4/5, and not have the ball in his hands...

It'll change in the tourney, I hope...There's no 4 in basketball that can guard Parker on the perimeter...and I'll take my chances w/ a zone.

Parker was off the court and Hood was in. They brought Parker in soon after. You have maybe the best college player in college ball and he or the second best option touches the ball like twice in the last 5 minutes. That doesnt make sense. Duke has the next NBA superstar. Coach K has to let him do him.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Great win by the Dukies!

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Parker was off the court and Hood was in. They brought Parker in soon after. You have maybe the best college player in college ball and he or the second best option touches the ball like twice in the last 5 minutes. That doesnt make sense. Duke has the next NBA superstar. Coach K has to let him do him.

I agree to an extent...but part of this might be planned. When Duke won their last title in 2010, they changed some stuff up for the tournament...maybe it'll happen again.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
unc Coach Roy Williams after the game:
I'm not sure what "it" is, but whatever the hell it is, Jabari found it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
unc Coach Roy Williams after the game:

Truly, Duke is scary in the Tourney! They have always lived or died by the three but now they dont have to. Hood and Parker may be the best 1 2 punch in the college ball. K has to let them show why they are college superstars. Parker and Hood were great tonight. Parker on the block is a serious player. I know he is going pro, but fuck would I like to see him one more year at Duke. He is the only player I have seen that body and skill compare to Lebron. He isnt as freakish but its effing impressive.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Truly, Duke is scary in the Tourney! They have always lived or died by the three but now they dont have to. Hood and Parker may be the best 1 2 punch in the college ball. K has to let them show why they are college superstars. Parker and Hood were great tonight. Parker on the block is a serious player. I know he is going pro, but fuck would I like to see him one more year at Duke. He is the only player I have seen that body and skill compare to Lebron. He isnt as freakish but its effing impressive.
Agreed, but there's no guarantee he's going pro. Of all the top college players, I think he's the most likely to stay another year, honestly. Here's to hoping!

Can you imagine if he and Hood came back...along w/ Plumlee, Jefferson, Matt Jones and with Okafor and Tyus Jones and Winslow coming in? Ah Lawdie!

Speaking of the recruits...This may be one of Duke's best all-time Recruiting classes coming in. Rivals has Okafor as #1, Jones as #5 and Winslow as #9. They've also got Grayson Allen (G, #34) who is a 4-star. IF (and it's a big 'if', and probably not likely) Parker and Hood elect to come back...whoa.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but there's no guarantee he's going pro. Of all the top college players, I think he's the most likely to stay another year, honestly. Here's to hoping!

Can you imagine if he and Hood came back...along w/ Plumlee, Jefferson, Matt Jones and with Okafor and Tyus Jones and Winslow coming in? Ah Lawdie!

Speaking of the recruits...This may be one of Duke's best all-time Recruiting classes coming in. Rivals has Okafor as #1, Jones as #5 and Winslow as #9. They've also got Grayson Allen (G, #34) who is a 4-star. IF (and it's a big 'if', and probably not likely) Parker and Hood elect to come back...whoa.

IT would be sick. I just saw the latest bracket predictions. Duke is going to be a 4. They got them in the bracket with Wichita St. 1, Kansas, 2, Cinci 3, and you also have Kentucky 6. I see no way Wichita State comes out this bracket, but a Duke-Kansas showdown would be sick. Parker- Wiggins in the elite 8 would bring big ratings.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
IT would be sick. I just saw the latest bracket predictions. Duke is going to be a 4. They got them in the bracket with Wichita St. 1, Kansas, 2, Cinci 3, and you also have Kentucky 6. I see no way Wichita State comes out this bracket, but a Duke-Kansas showdown would be sick. Parker- Wiggins in the elite 8 would bring big ratings.

There's no way Duke's a 4. 3 @ worst unless they lose 1st game of ACC tourney...

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Also no way UK's a 6 unless they win the SEC Tourney...and even then it might be reaching. I think they're a 7 at best, and likely a 8.