DUKE Thread: ACC Championship (UVA)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also no way UK's a 6 unless they win the SEC Tourney...and even then it might be reaching. I think they're a 7 at best, and likely a 8.

These were the latest predictions I saw on CBS

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Truly, Duke is scary in the Tourney! They have always lived or died by the three but now they dont have to. Hood and Parker may be the best 1 2 punch in the college ball. K has to let them show why they are college superstars. Parker and Hood were great tonight. Parker on the block is a serious player. I know he is going pro, but fuck would I like to see him one more year at Duke. He is the only player I have seen that body and skill compare to Lebron. He isnt as freakish but its effing impressive.

Agree and disagree.

Duke will be a team to watch in the tournament and can be scary. But if they get down big or early and the 3's aren't falling, they are done. Especially if the offense decides to go away from Parker like they have in the past. No reason why he shouldn't have the ball in his hands.

On the other hand, if they are hitting their 3's, it will be scary for the opposing team. They will probably end up the #2 seed in Nova and Iowa States bracket (Currently what Bracketology has them). Which I think Duke will be the favorite in. That region isn't the strongest, featuring teams like UCLA, Saint Louis, Oregon, Baylor, etc. Only real threat IMO would be Louisville and Nova.

Reactions: X

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
CBS is wrong. lol. But, you were just reporting, so that's fair enough.

Yeah, CBS isn't that good with theirs.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agree and disagree.

Duke will be a team to watch in the tournament and can be scary. But if they get down big or early and the 3's aren't falling, they are done. Especially if the offense decides to go away from Parker like they have in the past. No reason why he shouldn't have the ball in his hands.

On the other hand, if they are hitting their 3's, it will be scary for the opposing team. They will probably end up the #2 seed in Nova and Iowa States bracket (Currently what Bracketology has them). Which I think Duke will be the favorite in. That region isn't the strongest, featuring teams like UCLA, Saint Louis, Oregon, Baylor, etc. Only real threat IMO would be Louisville and Nova.

This Duke team is the least reliant on the 3-ball I've seen in a while, and what you said is still true. lol.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This Duke team is the least reliant on the 3-ball I've seen in a while, and what you said is still true. lol.

Yup. Idk what to expect from them really. They could be a Final 4 team or a team that loses on opening weekend. No bias either lol

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's no way Duke's a 4. 3 @ worst unless they lose 1st game of ACC tourney...

Yea,Duke is ranked about 7th right now, they would probably be a 2. If they win the tourney, then definitely a 2.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yup. Idk what to expect from them really. They could be a Final 4 team or a team that loses on opening weekend. No bias either lol

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I feel like that can apply to a lot of good teams. This is where the madness comes in.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Duke survives against Clemson (who beat Duke earlier this year)...53-52. Great defensive play by Thornton to seal the win. Parker struggled from the field, Hood got sick around halftime. Dawkins/Cook didn't play very much.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
UVA can't miss early on. Up 9-2. Let's Go Duke.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K just got T'd up, and no one knows why. Not K, not any official other than Lucky, not the announcers...huh.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
K just got T'd up, and no one knows why. Not K, not any official other than Lucky, not the announcers...huh.

Well when you show up the ref. Guy works them all game and people get shocked when he gets one...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He threw a pen/marker at feat of his own seat away from officials?

Yep. That's worthy of a technical, in the NCAA, in a conference tournament game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Yep. That's worthy of a technical, in the NCAA, in a conference tournament game.

It's unsportsmanlike and it should be penalized. You can't call an ordinary foul on a coach, so you call a technical. What difference does the game make?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Mental Note: You're not allowed to call technical fouls on a coach for unsportsmanlike behavior in a tournament game.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well when you show up the ref. Guy works them all game and people get shocked when he gets one...
He works them as much as all the top coaches. But, I never said there was anything wrong w/ it. I simply said no one knew why he was T'd.

Yup. That's a weak T. But, whatever.

It's unsportsmanlike and it should be penalized. You can't call an ordinary foul on a coach, so you call a technical. What difference does the game make?

If you want to play by the letter of the law, every coach should be T'd up by leaving the box. They all do it. I know you're a Duke hater, and that's fine, but you think throwing a marker at the bottom of your own chair is worthy of a T?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you want to play by the letter of the law, every coach should be T'd up by leaving the box. They all do it. I know you're a Duke hater, and that's fine, but you think throwing a marker at the bottom of your own chair is worthy of a T?
El Oh El. Me being a 'Duke Hater' has little to do with this, and more to do with me being a referee. I'm not going to pretend to know the NCAA basketball rule book, but I imagine the phrase "drawing prolonged attention to oneself," or some variation falls under technical fouls.

I would imagine if the call went against UVA we'd hear something about the refs being brave enough to make that call.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would imagine if the call went against UVA we'd hear something about the refs being brave enough to make that call.

Nope.

FTR I hate Duke, I just don't like officials interjecting themselves in that manner.