CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pretty easy to say at this point of the discussion.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
El Oh El. Me being a 'Duke Hater' has little to do with this, and more to do with me being a referee. I'm not going to pretend to know the NCAA basketball rule book, but I imagine the phrase "drawing prolonged attention to oneself," or some variation falls under technical fouls.

I would imagine if the call went against UVA we'd hear something about the refs being brave enough to make that call.

Fair enough, but you wouldn't hear it from me. I hate Tech's on coaches in general. I know they're necessary from time-to-time, and I don't want to see coaches curse up and down at officials constantly, but having multiple individuals enforce objective calls on a subjective level irks me. That's not a bball thing, though, that's a life thing.

Is what it is. It won't be the reason UVA/Duke wins or loses this game, so play on.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
JABARI TIME

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fair enough, but you wouldn't hear it from me. I hate Tech's on coaches in general. I know they're necessary from time-to-time, and I don't want to see coaches curse up and down at officials constantly, but having multiple individuals enforce objective calls on a subjective level irks me. That's not a bball thing, though, that's a life thing.

Is what it is. It won't be the reason UVA/Duke wins or loses this game, so play on.
Fair enough.

Fwiw, I've very underwhelmed with UVA's ft shooting in this game. For a team that doesn't like to run away with games that's not an issue I want to have this time of year.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fair enough.

Fwiw, I've very underwhelmed with UVA's ft shooting in this game. For a team that doesn't like to run away with games that's not an issue I want to have this time of year.

Yeah - they're a team that can compete with every single team they play, or lose to a 15 in the first round.

Call that shit on both ends. :grumpy:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
UVA is one of the oddest teams top ten teams I've ever seen. Great defense, good rebounding, good half court offense - but shit, make a free throw.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
freaking ridiculous.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Game. F'kin ridiculous.

Nice season, UVA.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Our guards REALLY need to play better if we expect to get anywhere in the ncaa tourney. This is honestly what it comes down to. Quinn Cook and Sulaimon need to step it up.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reading a lot of scouts believe Parker will return to Duke. Please let this be true!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Reading a lot of scouts believe Parker will return to Duke. Please let this be true!

I've been saying this all season long. Maybe with Jalil in the mix Parker will actually get to play the 3.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been saying this all season long. Maybe with Jalil in the mix Parker will actually get to play the 3.

Seems he wants to play with his best friend. Also, I think he hates the way they went out.

Another thing, he is Mormon. I wonder if he does that 2 year thing they do.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think Jabari is coming back. Those seniors with Jabari and the great recruiting class is going to be scary.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Jabari is coming back. Those seniors with Jabari and the great recruiting class is going to be scary.

Yeah, I get the sense he's coming back, too. Wonder what Hood is going to do. He's not declared yet that i know of (though I may have missed it).

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I get the sense he's coming back, too. Wonder what Hood is going to do. He's not declared yet that i know of (though I may have missed it).

I cant see Hood staying. Parker I can see it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Hood already declared? Could have swore he did about 2 weeks ago.

Duke hate aside, I don't know what coming back to Duke would benefit Parker? The kid is a pro, he's ready. All it benefits is Coach K and using Parker wrong again all season.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I cant see Hood staying. Parker I can see it.

I can see it only for the reason that it could improve his draft stock. He could be a top-10 pick next year, imo.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nevermind Hood hasn't officially declared yet. Just sources saying he will go pro..

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought Hood already declared? Could have swore he did about 2 weeks ago.

Duke hate aside, I don't know what coming back to Duke would benefit Parker? The kid is a pro, he's ready. All it benefits is Coach K and using Parker wrong again all season.

Parker said before college that he wasn't sure he wanted to be 1-and-done...and he said all season he wasn't sure. None of that is new -- several players do that and then declare.

From the business side, you're right...He's likely a top 2 pick...and his body is ready. But the advantage he would have coming in next season is he wouldn't play the 5 ever (Rivals #1 Jhalil Okafor is a Center) and his buddy Tyus Jones (Rivals #5, #1 rated PG) is also in the fold...he could have a much more successful season w/out all the load being on him. And he's right saying he's got room to grow, and he'll be more NBA-ready w/ another season (tho that's true w/ practically every freshman). He could potentially play the SF role all season (which he'd thrive in) and have another year in the same system to showcase his all-around talent and compete for a championship. I know you know all this, though...more of expanding on your point than debating it.