Dwight Howard Suspended for Sunday's Game

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Anyone who thinks nj is an attractive market is out of their mind. the nets are attractive, because they're leaving the craphole known nj.

To put it kindly, the entire state of nj is one giant pisshole.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When did you figure Miami to be a failure? I missed that memo. They are a team that can win a championship and are legit contenders.

And what sense does it make to turn away great players? If the Bulls can handle Dennis Rodman 15 years ago...this Bulls team can definitely handle Howard, who only wants to win.
I GUARANTEE you Howard is less of a risk than Rodman was...

And please tell me what coaches has Howard disrespected?

You missed the memo because I never said the Heat are/were a failure.

The Heat can win championships. They are in the playoffs.

The Heat have 35-5 record against teams below 500. Definitely championship worthy. The problem is they are 19-19 against teams better than 500. That will be difficult in the playoffs, where most teams are well above 500.

The Heat team is having a difficult time figuring out who is doing what. To say things have gone smoothly for them, would be a failure.

They have not lived up to the enormous expectations placed upon them, by the media, and by themselves.

If you ever watch a Magic game, you can see that none of the players, Howard especially listen to Coach Van Gundy. Not saying that he should be worshiped, but I don't see any level of respect from Howard to Van Gundy.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you know this would be reasonable response, if i suggested the bulls could trade for howard.

If his attitude doesn't fly for thibs, fire thibs.

yeah i meant i completely agree. howard and rose both need the ball in their bands. rose and howard are both slashers. 2 slashers on one team is a bad mix. i see where you're going with that. It's not like a big man guard combo. A rose howard pick role would suck.

So you'd fire the coach of the year? Thank God you're not Gar Forman or John Paxson.

Who would you hire instead?

That makes ZERO sense for acquiring one player. Ask Cleveland how hiring Byron Scott to "increase their chances" of resigning Lebron worked out for them.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

The Heat have 35-5 record against teams below 500. Definitely championship worthy. The problem is they are 19-19 against teams better than 500. That will be difficult in the playoffs, where most teams are well above 500.

The Heat team is having a difficult time figuring out who is doing what. To say things have gone smoothly for them, would be a failure.

They have not lived up to the enormous expectations placed upon them, by the media, and by themselves.

If you ever watch a Magic game, you can see that none of the players, Howard especially listen to Coach Van Gundy. Not saying that he should be worshiped, but I don't see any level of respect from Howard to Van Gundy.

I see a lot of Magic games...and don't know much of anything about Howard being insubordinate. Haven't read it anywhere and haven't heard it anywhere. I think you are piling on a bit. But if you want to know what the problem is with Van Gundy...listen to Shaq and Gortat criticize him. That should tell you enough....and what "coaches" has Howard disrespected?

You use the Miami Heat as a testament against having two top players on one team. Things not going smoothly has nothing to do with them being two top players, the reason they are not going smoothly is because Wade and Lebron are THE SAME TYPE of player. Howard and Rose are not anything alike, their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other, so I don't understand the analogy, it doesn't make sense...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Completely unfair here.

The reason Howard gets most of those techical fouls is because officials do not notice all of the elbows and flagrant fouls that aren't even personal fouls that are committed against Dwight. Instead, they just see his angry reaction and BAM T'd up.

It is unfair, but he has earned that reputation around the NBA.

Adog06

Liked Posts:

The reason they dont respect him is because hes not that good of a coach. Im not saying its right, but if you dont have your team believing in the system your running and winning at the same time then what do you expect. Skiles, who alot of people said was a great coach or what not, what shut out for the same reasons. Guarantee Howard listens to Thibs. Good example would be when Thibs got into Garnets grill when he messes up a defensive assignment. To this day that Celtics team still respects him. Howard would not be a problem at all if he were on the Bulls. Plus Howard is a Beast defensively, I think the two would go well together.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see a lot of Magic games...and don't know much of anything about Howard being insubordinate. Haven't read it anywhere and haven't heard it anywhere. I think you are piling on a bit. But if you want to know what the problem is with Van Gundy...listen to Shaq and Gortat criticize him. That should tell you enough....and what "coaches" has Howard disrespected?

You use the Miami Heat as a testament against having two top players on one team. Things not going smoothly has nothing to do with them being two top players, the reason they are not going smoothly is because Wade and Lebron are THE SAME TYPE of player. Howard and Rose are not anything alike, their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other, so I don't understand the analogy, it doesn't make sense...

Perhaps I MAY be piling on Howard here. Who cares? He doesn't. You don't earn 18 technicals in one season on accident. He's earned his reputation around the NBA as a bully. If that bully would join with the Bulls, other teams bullies will then make it a point to attack Rose. See Shaq and Wade after they won a ring.

My thing is, the Bulls ain't broke, why fix em?

So since you can predict the future, you know that Howard and Rose will be a perfect pair and will win many championships?

Good then I don't ever have to ever have to watch another game of any sort again if you can tell me the future.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No he hasn't, the moment he is a free agent, you will see exactly the type of reputation he has...

What "reputation" does he have?

Adog06

Liked Posts:
I'm not ruling out Dwight Howard possibly joining the Bulls in 2010 but I don't know how realistic that is either. It would take at least Boozer or Noah to get a sign-and-trade done... maybe both.

I think the deal would probably end up looking like:

Boozer+Deng for Howard
Noah+Boozer for Howard
or
Noah+Deng for Howard

I would still probably do any of those deals.

I agree, the one i would pick out of all of them if i had a choice would be the Noah Boozer for Howard. The Bulls would clear alot of Cap space, they could then resign howard and rose, plus still keep the Bench intact. Omer would probably get to start next to Howard. Imagine opponents trying to score on those two?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, the one i would pick out of all of them if i had a choice would be the Noah Boozer for Howard. The Bulls would clear alot of Cap space, they could then resign howard and rose, plus still keep the Bench intact. Omer would probably get to start next to Howard. Imagine opponents trying to score on those two?

I would just try to make sure Noah would be apart of the package whether or not the other piece involved in the deal would be Deng or Boozer. I would probably rather deal Boozer but I honestly don't know. Boozer would be an ideal guy to put next to Howard because then the Bulls still would be able to run a pick-and-roll with Boozer there. And Boozer could stretch the floor for Howard. And Boozer's limited defensive awareness/lack of rotation could be easily voided since Howard doesn't really need any help defending the rim. I think I would rather keep Deng, send Noah & Boozer packing, and start Taj Gibson.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That reputation would be the best Center in the league bro.

So houheffna can predict the future. And you can read minds. So in that case, can you 2 tell me if the world will end in 2012?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Perhaps I MAY be piling on Howard here. Who cares? He doesn't. You don't earn 18 technicals in one season on accident. He's earned his reputation around the NBA as a bully. If that bully would join with the Bulls, other teams bullies will then make it a point to attack Rose. See Shaq and Wade after they won a ring.

My thing is, the Bulls ain't broke, why fix em?

So since you can predict the future, you know that Howard and Rose will be a perfect pair and will win many championships?

Good then I don't ever have to ever have to watch another game of any sort again if you can tell me the future.

You don't know what ain't broke yet because the Bulls have yet to win a playoff series...and you talk about ME predicting the future...

The odds of the Bulls winning a championship if you sub out Noah for Howard grows exponentially. Saying that the Bulls don't improve because Howard is a bully is incredibly naive...and please explain the Shaq/Wade analogy you made...I don't get it...

Adog06

Liked Posts:
So houheffna can predict the future. And you can read minds. So in that case, can you 2 tell me if the world will end in 2012?

I can tell you that was a really dumb comment you made. Does that work?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

No I can't, but just like I can look at past history of the planet and tell you that the planet has been here for millions of years and so I doubt if 2012 will be THE year...I can use history to show that a great center and a great pg usually wins titles. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

Kareem was considered aloof, not good with teammates, bad with the media at times, not good in the locker room. 2nd best player in history as I see it, and would win 6 titles, with 2 great point guards. Nothing new under the sun brother...having Howard would elongate Rose's prime and make him a better player. I have no doubt about that...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would just try to make sure Noah would be apart of the package whether or not the other piece involved in the deal would be Deng or Boozer. I would probably rather deal Boozer but I honestly don't know. Boozer would be an ideal guy to put next to Howard because then the Bulls still would be able to run a pick-and-roll with Boozer there. And Boozer could stretch the floor for Howard. And Boozer's limited defensive awareness/lack of rotation could be easily voided since Howard doesn't really need any help defending the rim. I think I would rather keep Deng, send Noah & Boozer packing, and start Taj Gibson.

With a couple more years in the system and more NBA development, Rose and Taj with Deng, Howard and whoever at SG would be straight up scary defensively. I do think Rose will be much better in a couple years.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't know what ain't broke yet because the Bulls have yet to win a playoff series...and you talk about ME predicting the future...

The odds of the Bulls winning a championship if you sub out Noah for Howard grows exponentially. Saying that the Bulls don't improve because Howard is a bully is incredibly naive...and please explain the Shaq/Wade analogy you made...I don't get it...

A team that wins over 55 games, and all but has the number 1 seed, doesn't have many things wrong. The key in the playoffs, no matter what sport, will be executing like that team has done all season.

To say the Bulls wouldn't improve with the addition of Howard would be a lie. I'm saying, that technical foul label is something that doesn't just go away and disappear, and if he's on the bench at this point in the season and the playoffs, how much better is he than Noah?

After the Heat won the finals in 05-06; Wade ended up injured for the better part of the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons and the Heat were the top lottery team during the 07-08 season.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
With a couple more years in the system and more NBA development, Rose and Taj with Deng, Howard and whoever at SG would be straight up scary defensively. I do think Rose will be much better in a couple years.

I don't think it will take that long...ONE SEASON with Thibs and Howard...just one, and you might see one of the greatest defenses in NBA history, if not the greatest. Orlando is a top defensive team and look who Howard is working with. I have said it in the past and say it again, Howard is a top 5 defense by himself. I have no doubt he could be devastating working with Thibs and the group the Bulls have now. Howard would be in heaven...

Howard forcing a trade to whoever is not out of the question either. I can see him trying to do exactly what Melo did...