Early start for next years 'Generational' QB prospect.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

Sanders is less reckless and has elite pocket presence

But with that rare skill, however, comes hubris. Williams throws as if he believes there is not a pass he can't make. And that willingness to take unnecessary risks with the ball is a concern.

Williams has been afforded terrific pass protection at USC (and previously at Oklahoma) and he does not protect the ball as well as most quarterbacks, carrying it low and loose. Defenders can knock the ball free from him in the pocket, and he is far too willing to throw the ball into coverage, often drifting to his left to throw the ball late against the grain. This can result in jaw-dropping completions — but also in forehead-smacking interception opportunities for defenders savvy enough to anticipate his intentions.

He has an effortless release and generates impressive zip on the ball, even when he is unable to step into his throws. Like Sanders, however, he does not possess elite arm strength, with some of his deep passes hanging slightly.

These facts have not yet resulted in an interception this season. But it is worth noting that Arizona State nearly picked him off on a couple of occasions last week. Colorado is not expected to have dynamic two-way threat Travis Hunter available for this contest — he suffered a lacerated liver against Colorado State two weeks ago — but the Buffs do boast enough playmakers in the secondary to challenge Williams if he plays recklessly.

Sanders, on the other hand, typically avoids the "hero throws" that make for easy highlight reel plays, but wisely spreads the ball all over the field, utilizing check-downs nicely and taking advantage of late-breaking openings. This pocket presence may not earn him Heisman votes, but offensive coordinators throughout the NFL will appreciate his calm in critical moments.
shadeur sanders has nearly as many fumbles as caleb williams except it was mostly during two years at the junior college he played for before colorado. he also has more interceptions than caleb williams, except, again, two years at junior college while caleb williams was bringing oklahoma back against texas and carrying USC. i guess Division 2 must have some serious defenses. least we forget he lost in every discernable statistical way in the head-to-head match-up that this article led up to. hm

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Unlike you I have a life outside of CCS so I dont let decisions I have no control of affect my mood. Your 14000 posts in 6 years says that you may need to see a therapist when the Bears will need to draft another qb in 3 years. You may have hit 25000 posts by then.
Sounds like youre really mad already. It'll be alright man

Last edited:

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
shadeur sanders has nearly as many fumbles as caleb williams except it was mostly during two years at the junior college he played for before colorado. he also has more interceptions than caleb williams, except, again, two years at junior college while caleb williams was bringing oklahoma back against texas and carrying USC. i guess Division 2 must have some serious defenses. least we forget he lost in every discernable statistical way in the head-to-head match-up that this article led up to. hm
Your condescending schick is getting old.

So Jackson St. is Division 1 FCS not D2 or Junior College. To answer your question they do not have 'serious' defenses. However what does it tell you about the PAC 12 defenses that Sander's had better numbers in the PAC12 than the FCS? You do realize that these are the same defenses that CW got the majority of his numbers against right?

That is more of an indictment of the quality of defenses in the PAC12 and reflects worse upon CW than Sander's .

When CW played against a former NFL defensive mind (ND Al Golden ) he had 3 interceptions and was sacked 6 times losing by 28 points.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Your condescending schick is getting old.

So Jackson St. is Division 1 FCS not D2 or Junior College. To answer your question they do not have 'serious' defenses. However what does it tell you about the PAC 12 defenses that Sander's had better numbers in the PAC12 than the FCS? You do realize that these are the same defenses that CW got the majority of his numbers against right?

That is more of an indictment of the quality of defenses in the PAC12 and reflects worse upon CW than Sander's .

When CW played against a former NFL defensive mind (ND Al Golden ) he had 3 interceptions and was sacked 6 times losing by 28 points.
wow sorry FCS my mistake. so yeah, did you look at those stats past first read RPO for shadeur sanders? hey, just a heads up btw, the majority of defensive coordinators caleb williams faced including the year before when they beat ND are former NFL guys at some point in their careers. no clue what kind of straw you were grasping for there, but it needed to be said just to get you off that.

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wow sorry FCS my mistake. so yeah, did you look at those stats past first read RPO for shadeur sanders? hey, just a heads up btw, the majority of defensive coordinators caleb williams faced including the year before when they beat ND are former NFL guys at some point in their careers. no clue what kind of straw you were grasping for there, but it needed to be said just to get you off that.
I know you think you are sitting on some huge gotcha..keep after it.

That in itself was a sign of impressive intelligence. One of Sanders’ question marks entering the year was how he’d process a new system at the next level. Jacksonville State’s vertical RPO attack forced him to try challenging throws but not reads that translate to NFL windows and countermeasures.
That was no longer the case under Lewis, who called a vertical passing game with multiple layers of reads. Sanders is amongst the NCAA’s leaders in passing yards and efficiency this year despite dealing with injuries along his offensive line, star receiver, and himself. Lewis’ inability to adjust his play-calling against better opponents eventually led to a change at play-caller after Week 10.

The decision was questioned by pundits who hadn’t watched Sanders run for his life, taking a beating against defenses that could pressure him while bringing only four pass rushers. Sanders remained tough in the pocket and avoided bad mistakes. But the big plays disappeared against Oregon, Arizona State, UCLA, and Oregon State.
MORE: Free NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Trades
None of that was a referendum on Sanders’ talent. His game remained steady even if his efficiency dipped with receivers unable to get open. It’s not as if he’s playing behind many stars who transferred in, and the talent discrepancy has forced Sanders to grow.
Already, Sanders has. In Week 11 against Arizona, Sanders carried the unit again, throwing for 262 yards and two touchdowns on top of leading the team with 42 rushing yards. Even with a new play-caller, Sanders controlled what he could and had his team in position to win at the end.

Our scouting team has been thoroughly impressed with Sanders’ electric arm talent, high-level processing, and clutch playmaking. However, his toughness and ability to adjust to bigger changes within the program are what make him the QB3 in this class and a worthy top-five NFL Draft pick.
Would Sanders benefit from another season at Colorado, presumably with better weapons and offensive line? Of course, experience is king and can’t be replicated. But Sanders also needs to consider what’s best for his health and development, as his body has taken many hits this year, and the right NFL coaching staff will help him progress by leaps and bounds compared to Colorado’s.
Most people don’t expect Sanders to declare just yet. He has one more year to play with his father, Deion Sanders, in Boulder. His NIL revenue is also likely very impressive, so he’s in a good position financially.
Those factors aren’t enough to ignore that there’s a massive opportunity to grab the crown of the class’ clear third quarterback behind Drake Maye and Caleb Williams. While J.J. McCarthy, Michael Penix Jr., and Bo Nix are solid prospects, none has the combination of talent and mettle Sanders has.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I know you think you are sitting on some huge gotcha..keep after it.

That in itself was a sign of impressive intelligence. One of Sanders’ question marks entering the year was how he’d process a new system at the next level. Jacksonville State’s vertical RPO attack forced him to try challenging throws but not reads that translate to NFL windows and countermeasures.
That was no longer the case under Lewis, who called a vertical passing game with multiple layers of reads. Sanders is amongst the NCAA’s leaders in passing yards and efficiency this year despite dealing with injuries along his offensive line, star receiver, and himself. Lewis’ inability to adjust his play-calling against better opponents eventually led to a change at play-caller after Week 10.

The decision was questioned by pundits who hadn’t watched Sanders run for his life, taking a beating against defenses that could pressure him while bringing only four pass rushers. Sanders remained tough in the pocket and avoided bad mistakes. But the big plays disappeared against Oregon, Arizona State, UCLA, and Oregon State.
MORE: Free NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Trades
None of that was a referendum on Sanders’ talent. His game remained steady even if his efficiency dipped with receivers unable to get open. It’s not as if he’s playing behind many stars who transferred in, and the talent discrepancy has forced Sanders to grow.
Already, Sanders has. In Week 11 against Arizona, Sanders carried the unit again, throwing for 262 yards and two touchdowns on top of leading the team with 42 rushing yards. Even with a new play-caller, Sanders controlled what he could and had his team in position to win at the end.

Our scouting team has been thoroughly impressed with Sanders’ electric arm talent, high-level processing, and clutch playmaking. However, his toughness and ability to adjust to bigger changes within the program are what make him the QB3 in this class and a worthy top-five NFL Draft pick.
Would Sanders benefit from another season at Colorado, presumably with better weapons and offensive line? Of course, experience is king and can’t be replicated. But Sanders also needs to consider what’s best for his health and development, as his body has taken many hits this year, and the right NFL coaching staff will help him progress by leaps and bounds compared to Colorado’s.
Most people don’t expect Sanders to declare just yet. He has one more year to play with his father, Deion Sanders, in Boulder. His NIL revenue is also likely very impressive, so he’s in a good position financially.
Those factors aren’t enough to ignore that there’s a massive opportunity to grab the crown of the class’ clear third quarterback behind Drake Maye and Caleb Williams. While J.J. McCarthy, Michael Penix Jr., and Bo Nix are solid prospects, none has the combination of talent and mettle Sanders has.

did you happen to notice that Lewis is no longer the coordinator? can you give me a good reason on why colorado just collapsed after the third game of the season and never came back? was it the advanced nfl passing system being too much for some players to learn, or were they 1 read RPOing half the time this season bc of several things including Shadeur Sanders looking ROUGH at times. he wasn't the whole issue, but he wasn't much of a solution either tbh. they didnt win a game after week 4 did they?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Only sanders with any talent is the TE out of texas and he didnt even come out of primetimes nutsack

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
did you happen to notice that Lewis is no longer the coordinator? can you give me a good reason on why colorado just collapsed after the third game of the season and never came back? was it the advanced nfl passing system being too much for some players to learn, or were they 1 read RPOing half the time this season bc of several things including Shadeur Sanders looking ROUGH at times. he wasn't the whole issue, but he wasn't much of a solution either tbh. they didnt win a game after week 4 did they?
Did you even read the text in the response you quoted ? It addresses every question you just asked.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The campaign is starting early for next year's generational qb. I actually think Sander's will have a better NFL career than CW.

Privileged, arrogant and completely folded last season when faced with adversity.

The way Colorado's season went last year was laughable. That entire family is in it for themselves and don't give two shits about the team.

No way in hell would I bring him onto the Bears.

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Privileged, arrogant and completely folded last season when faced with adversity.

The way Colorado's season went last year was laughable. That entire family is in it for themselves and don't give two shits about the team.

Who is advocating bringing him to the Bears? I have stated many times in this thread that they are already hyping the next qb for next year's draft. This is more about media hype and the draft machine and those who hang on every word they say.

I have never said Sander's would be anything other than he would have a better NFL career than Williams. It more of my feelings that CW will bust than me saying Sander's will be great.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Out of curiosity, what was Sanders' split on number once Sean Lewis had playcalling taken away from him?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

What evidence do you have that Shedur is arrogant? It is really creepy to hate on a kid because you dislike his Dad.

And CO is not a good team. They didnt fold as that implies they were good to begin with.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone down on Shedeur Sanders is basing it purely on name and not on reality. Dude played with literally no defense and no oline.

Folks asking about what happens when it gets hard for him. Well, he was nearly the most sacked QB in D1 and still managed 3000+ yards, 27 TD with 2 Ints.

Not saying he should come to Chicago, the Oline would be an upgrade. He is battle tested and it's my contention that his dad isn't propping him, he's actually holding him back.

I'm not going to go into him playing FCS as we already see that he played better against Pac-12 defenses than he did at JSU, which is either stating they don't play much defense in the Pac-12 or some folks on here are biased against FCS, which is plain stupid for fans of Chicago, given who played in that level and retired as the all-time rushing leader.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What evidence do you have that Shedur is arrogant? It is really creepy to hate on a kid because you dislike his Dad.

And CO is not a good team. They didnt fold as that implies they were good to begin with.
Just pure opinion based on feelings about Deion is all. He doesn't know anything about Shedeur other than the Sanders name.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think it's fair to ask how he'll respond when he doesn't have his father coaching him for the first time in his life.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's the next Purdy! Take that either way.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who is advocating bringing him to the Bears? I have stated many times in this thread that they are already hyping the next qb for next year's draft. This is more about media hype and the draft machine and those who hang on every word they say.

I have never said Sander's would be anything other than he would have a better NFL career than Williams. It more of my feelings that CW will bust than me saying Sander's will be great.
You just said you think that Sanders will have a better career than Caleb Williams. Based on what? Sanders isn't better right now than Williams Maye Daniels Penix Nix or JJ McCarthy.

Any insinuation to the contrary is going off of the three weeks Colorado was hyped because they beat a TCU team that finished with a losing record. Colorado finished 4-8 last year and won a single conference game.

There are people who should stop writing stupid articles about stuff they know nothing about.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You just said you think that Sanders will have a better career than Caleb Williams. Based on what? Sanders isn't better right now than Williams Maye Daniels Penix Nix or JJ McCarthy.

Any insinuation to the contrary is going off of the three weeks Colorado was hyped because they beat a TCU team that finished with a losing record. Colorado finished 4-8 last year and won a single conference game.

There are people who should stop writing stupid articles about stuff they know nothing about.
vm12836ab.jpg