Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. I don't think there's any doubt Field's has improved and developed.

I think it's just a matter of if it's occurring fast enough for any individual, or Pace who will make the decision.

I agree with you that I personally would make my offensive scheme for Fields, basically Michael Vick 2.0. Some say, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." Fields expressed he wants to play that way.

Did Getsy move away from what was working the prior two games for his Viking's game plan? I would say partially. You know me, I say keep doing what's succeeding until the Defense stops you. But maybe Getsy tried to change a lot of the plays to try to avoid the Vikings from making predictive interceptions. I surely didn't study the games well enough to say.

Still, I think it's fair to say Fields sometimes doesn't pull the trigger on throws he should make, doesn't see open receivers and takes unnecessary sacks, regardless of if he's rolling out or playing RPO. Nobody's perfect, but I think it's fair to say he needs more development. For some folk he's behind where he should be at 2 1/3 years.

Needless to say, I hope Fields gets back soon and Getsy plays Fields like Vick, an RPO QB.
Personally I don't care for that style. Vick and Jackson were either out or less competitive for playoff runs due to the beating they take in the regular season. I agree that we need to utilize opportunistic running by Fields to open up a D and really, just enough to keep them honest and a spy occupied.

Hurts was an outlier last year with 760 ground yards and looks like will be closer to 600 this year as Ds adjust. Even Cam, Kaepernick etc ran for closer to 400 yards in their SB appearance years. You can set Fields free without making his career a short window like Vick, Newton. RG3 etc.

You don't want him to be a sitting duck in back field and to keep D's honest/guessing but I don't use him like Vick which I think is unsustainable and an accident waiting to happen. I think he can be a better distributor and the Bear should keep trying to help him do that. I believe that it's what they're trying to do and sacrificing games and Fields performances to get there. That said, I think the methodology is lacking and appears like it's one extreme or the other but it's difficult to know how much of that is attributable to whom.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"Nobody's perfect, but I think it's fair to say he needs more development. For some folk he's behind where he should be at 2 1/3 years."

I hear ya. Those 'folks' need to understand JF has never had Qb development. Nagy never developed Mitch nor JF.
Getsy came here with zero Qb development. background. So based on not being properly developed. JF has done ok IMO.

I think of a younger Steve Young (inTampa) in relation to JF. Now here's what's interesting. Both Young and Vick flourished when they got good Qb coaching. In Young's case....Bill Walsh ( 49'ers ). Young also had a great mentor in Joe Montana.
In Vick's case Andy Reid (Eagles). I can't stress enough how important it is to have an experienced Qb developer for a young Qb. And an experienced offensive coach, who's designed offenses and has actual play calling experience. JF never had this with Getsy.

"I say keep doing what's succeeding until the Defense stops you."

This part....for sure(y)

Fields is far from done here but you say some stupid shit due to your extreme bias making you talk out your ass.

Good or not, Getsy has had 4 QB coach and 3 OC gigs before coming here.

This is where you disparage those stops and say you meant NFL or some other such nonsense while he did have that QB coach gig plus passing coordinator at the NFL level... instead of copping to your bullshit.

Who said "JF is done" ?? What are u babbling about ?

Everything I've said above is truthful. Next......

Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? Be specific and know that I've researched Getsy .

Now.......If you wanna see a "extreme bias making you talk out your ass." individual>>> go look in the MIRROR.

Soon, as usual you will digress to ignorant, name calling and or putting up a dumb-ass meme.
Answer the 2 questions above

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Personally I don't care for that style. Vick and Jackson were either out or less competitive for playoff runs due to the beating they take in the regular season. I agree that we need to utilize opportunistic running by Fields to open up a D and really, just enough to keep them honest and a spy occupied.

Hurts was an outlier last year with 760 ground yards and looks like will be closer to 600 this year as Ds adjust. Even Cam, Kaepernick etc ran for closer to 400 yards in their SB appearance years. You can set Fields free without making his career a short window like Vick, Newton. RG3 etc.

You don't want him to be a sitting duck in back field and to keep D's honest/guessing but I don't use him like Vick which I think is unsustainable and an accident waiting to happen. I think he can be a better distributor and the Bear should keep trying to help him do that. I believe that it's what they're trying to do and sacrificing games and Fields performances to get there. That said, I think the methodology is lacking and appears like it's one extreme or the other but it's difficult to know how much of that is attributable to whom.
Everybody knows, on average, a QB will last longer throwing from the pocket. Can Fields develop into a Tom-Brady-success pocket-throwing QB? I don't know. They're key factors that make that doubtful.

Fields went to the podium to say he wants to play his way, intuitive, and I think his only example was tucking the ball and running, And I would not hesitate to say Fields wants designed runs too. He made it clear he idolizes Vick and he's very proud of his 1k yard rushing campaign last year. I think Coaching tried to stir him into more pocket passing, and he felt comfortable bucking it in the media.

A Steve Young type of progression would be great, but looking at some 1st year play of Young, he looked much further along in passing than Fields does today. I hope Fields gets there, but he may have a more Vick style path.

If you study Vick's career, if you don't count his dawg thing, he really didn't miss any more games than average, and his years in the league were average. I don't personally think you have to pigeonhole every QB, I think they're all different. I'd want to develop Fields in all areas of his game, but I'd let Fields be Fields which I find more a Vick type player.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? Be specific and know that I've researched Getsy .

Now.......If you wanna see a "extreme bias making you talk out your ass." individual>>> go look in the MIRROR.

Soon, as usual you will digress to ignorant, name calling and or putting up a dumb-ass meme.
No one claimed anyone said Fields is done. That was a comment by me, that he's far from it, to lay the framework for the ensuing post.

Getsy has had 4 QB coach and 3 OC gigs at the college and pro level before this one so stop changing the emphasis and just admit that you got out over your skis again.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the run defense was abysmal last season so there was clear improvement on that end and most of the secondary was hurt in the first few weeks, playing better now that Jaylon and Kyler are back

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everybody knows, on average, a QB will last longer throwing from the pocket. Can Fields develop into a Tom-Brady-success pocket-throwing QB? I don't know. They're key factors that make that doubtful.

Fields went to the podium to say he wants to play his way, intuitive, and I think his only example was tucking the ball and running, And I would not hesitate to say Fields wants designed runs too. He made it clear he idolizes Vick and he's very proud of his 1k yard rushing campaign last year. I think Coaching tried to stir him into more pocket passing, and he felt comfortable bucking it in the media.

A Steve Young type of progression would be great, but looking at some 1st year play of Young, he looked much further along in passing than Fields does today. I hope Fields gets there, but he may have a more Vick style path.

If you study Vick's career, if you don't count his dawg thing, he really didn't miss any more games than average, and his years in the league were average. I don't personally think you have to pigeonhole every QB, I think they're all different. I'd want to develop Fields in all areas of his game, but I'd let Fields be Fields which I find more a Vick type player.
I get it but Fields was beat to shit and Vick was less at the end of years as well. Maybe Lamar will get lucky one of these years but he's seems limited every playoff run. I'm not against controlled running but I think 600 yds would be max if you want to sustain a play style into the playoffs. Obviously, 60 yard runs skews that # but there should be less of those now that teams can better plan against. I like the runs. I think calling set runs is good but I don't like when QB running is the emphasis of an O.

He's not a Brady style QB and don't want/need him to be but I want him to be healthy for a long career and viable weapon at the end of seasons. His injury this year was from him not dumping for over 6 seconds when had a few opportunities to do so while looking to run on that play. That needs to change.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

A Steve Young type of progression would be great, but looking at some 1st year play of Young, he looked much further along than Fields does today.

Keep this in mind....Young had tough time in Tampa when he came over from the USFL. He really leveled out under Bill Walsh. Vick became a better all-around Qb under Andy Reid. Here's something.....I've seen stats show that more Qb's get injured in the pocket than out. The one time Vick was injured, it was in a collapsing pocket.

Overall a Qb has to have an decent pass pro OL. Most of all I go back to good, experienced Qb coaching, A young Qb has to get good Qb development. Unfortunately...JF hasn't received Qb development. We'll see how things progress.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

No one claimed anyone said Fields is done. That was a comment by me, that he's far from it, to lay the framework for the ensuing post.

Getsy has had 4 QB coach and 3 OC gigs at the college and pro level before this one so stop changing the emphasis and just admit that you got out over your skis again.
It turns out Getsy never called plays at all, not even during his brief stint as an offensive coordinator at Mississippi State. BFR ...
Here's the question......Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? Be specific and know that I've researched Getsy .
And don't say Aaron Rodgers

Lets get your research started.......

" It turns out Getsy never called plays at all, not even during his brief stint as an offensive coordinator at Mississippi State. " See article below

Former Player Reveals Interesting Details About Luke Getsy situation.​

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the question......Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? Be specific and know that I've researched Getsy .
And don't say Aaron Rodgers
It's not and I don't care. The question is why you emphatically stated while bolding,

"Getsy came here with zero Qb development. background.".

You can go to wiki for the rest. This again is where you change emphasis and try spin the convo.

You're absolutely wrong about his experience. I'm not even arguing he's good at it since you can only mold with enough clay so it may very difficult to evaluate.

You got it very wrong, to try and make a point that you knew nothing about.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not and I don't care. The question is why you emphatically stated with bolding,

"Getsy came here with zero Qb development. background.".

Well the above statement means zero Qb development background hurts JF
And u don't care. SMH

I don't SPIN. Here's the question......Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? Be specific and know that I've researched Getsy .

Anyway......

" It turns out Getsy never called plays at all, not even during his brief stint as an offensive coordinator at Mississippi State." See article below

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And u don't care. SMH

I don't SPIN. Here's the question......Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? Be specific and know that I've researched Getsy .

Anyway......

" It turns out Getsy never called plays at all, not even during his brief stint as an offensive coordinator at Mississippi State." See article below

As disingenuous and biased as any poster on this board. Could have just said oops and let it go but no, you feel the need to prove that you're this insecure, biased and sad.

Thanks for the Sports Mockery link, LOL.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Banned until March or something like that. Seems stiff for an offense but I'm sure it was a cumulative action, how much baby sitting do you have to do until you (everyone) need a proper vacation etc.
He’s not banned anymore.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And u don't care. SMH

Anyway......

As disingenuous and biased as any poster on this board. Could have just said oops and let it go but no, you feel the need to prove that you're this insecure, biased and sad.

Thanks for the Sports Mockery link, LOL.

"As disingenuous and biased as any poster on this board."

Sigh.....Translation: I ( Bearly) can't refute what R&S said about Getsy being unqualified as a OC, who has no play calling,
nor Qb development experience, so I'm gonna deviate away from a football discussion to a lightweight attack mode.

________

"Could have just said oops and let it go..., you feel the need to prove that you're this insecure"

"OOPS".....means a mistake was made. Right? There was no mistake. You said and I quote "Getsy has had 4 QB coach and 3 OC gigs at the college and pro level". Well the question was Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? You didn't have an answer.

No problem....I then try to educate you on Getsey's background and you start talking me about being "insecure", "biased", "disingenuous". Anyway if the above article enlighten you on Getsy.....great. You can consider it common ground.

Have a good weekend. And Go Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Sigh.....Translation: I ( Bearly) can't refute what R&S said about Getsy being unqualified as a OC, who has no play calling,
nor Qb development experience, so I'm gonna deviate away from a football discussion to a lightweight attack mode.

________

"Could have just said oops and let it go..., you feel the need to prove that you're this insecure"

"OOPS".....means a mistake was made. Right? There was no mistake. You said and I quote "Getsy has had 4 QB coach and 3 OC gigs at the college and pro level". Well the question was Where and WHO has Getsy developed at Qb? Where has Getsy called plays? You didn't have an answer.

No problem....I then try to educate you on Getsey's background and you start talking me about being "insecure", "biased", "disingenuous". Anyway if the above article enlighten you on Getsy.....great. You can consider it common ground.

Have shovel, will travel.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

________

Have shovel, will travel.

Same to you. And try to get the toxic negativity outta your heart, it's not good for ya heath-wise.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same to you. And try to get the toxic negativity outta your heart, it's not good for ya heath-wise.
Put some reality in yours instead of making 100% bogus statements and then trying to engage in something tangential instead of simply copping to an error.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Put some reality in yours instead of making 100% bogus statements and then trying to engage in something tangential instead of simply copping to an error.

Sigh.....nothing "bogus" about Getsy not being an experienced OC or being a play caller nor a Qb developer
The article below proves what I already knew when he was hired. LOL.....there's nothing peripheral or tangential about it. It's the 100 % truth

" It turns out Getsy never called plays at all, not even during his brief stint as an offensive coordinator at Mississippi State."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sigh.....nothing "bogus" about Getsy not being an experienced OC or being a play caller nor a Qb developer
The article below proves what I already knew when he was hired. LOL.....there's nothing peripheral or tangential about it. It's the 100 % truth

" It turns out Getsy never called plays at all, not even during his brief stint as an offensive coordinator at Mississippi State."
" zero Qb development background"🤣

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

" zero Qb development background"🤣

nothing "bogus" about Getsy not being an experienced OC or being a play caller nor a Qb developer
there's no proof of Getsy ever developing a Qb. JF is his 1st experiment. Truth

Last edited: