Eddie Jackson: Playmaker

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
No one ever hated on Eddie joker

I've always liked Jackson overall, but I was pretty pissed after the GB game, he pretty much single-handedly blew that game for us.

He had Cobb dead to rights and instead tried to make a play on the ball, whiffed and Cobb ended up scoring on what should've been a very modest gain. He was also several steps too late on the TD that went to Alison which ended up being the game winner.

He's missed a few other big tackles here and there by being overaggressive (had some big ones against MIA too), but that's also what makes him a special playmaker so I can't hate on him too much for it.

Hopefully as he continues to grow and learn as a player he limits those mistakes while continuing to make game changing plays.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you're making game changing plays at the rate Eddie Jackson is now making them, you can EASILY forget and forgive his bad games and tendency to go for a hit instead of a wrap up tackle.

Eddie is still so young and learning too. I just love the fact we have such a young team and these guys all wanna eat. The future finally looks bright for Bears fans.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you're making game changing plays at the rate Eddie Jackson is now making them, you can EASILY forget and forgive his bad games and tendency to go for a hit instead of a wrap up tackle.

Eddie is still so young and learning too. I just love the fact we have such a young team and these guys all wanna eat. The future finally looks bright for Bears fans.

Yea he can always grow and clean up the tackles and hone when to jump a route & when to cover. But the best tackles & covers rarely if ever learn to be the play-maker EJ already is. Dude is special & in time looks to be a HoF model player,barring any set-backs.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP on drugs? Who has been hating on Eddie? And second to Mack in play making? I don't think so. Eddie is #1 play maker on the Bears

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OP on drugs? Who has been hating on Eddie? And second to Mack in play making? I don't think so. Eddie is #1 play maker on the Bears

I have to agree with Spartan. Jackson is our best playmaker on defense

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Currently, Eddie Jackson has as many TD catches as Julio Jones. Posting this before the Falcon game start.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Currently, Eddie Jackson has as many TD catches as Julio Jones. Posting this before the Falcon game start.

Still true after the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Needs to sign a long term contract soon.

This is the second week in a row that you respond to great play by Jackson be worrying about a contract (which is more than two years down the road).

Are you truly just unable to enjoy the results without turning it into a worry / negative thought?

For many fans, every player either sucks or will leave. No enjoying the current play. I don't get it.

Svic

Liked Posts:
This is the second week in a row that you respond to great play by Jackson be worrying about a contract (which is more than two years down the road).

Are you truly just unable to enjoy the results without turning it into a worry / negative thought?

For many fans, every player either sucks or will leave. No enjoying the current play. I don't get it.

You cant really sign him for much more anyways. He still has 2-3 years on his rookie deal

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Upon second viewing I again have to tip my hat to Prince Amukamara. He also made a seemingly touchdown saving tackle on Golladay on the same drive that Fuller intercepted the pass in the end zone.

Our secondary played their asses off yesterday.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuller with the game saving tackle on Blount all alone in the open field AND game sealing INT all on the last drive was fucking gold. Both these guys are playing out of their minds.

When I originally posted that I forgot to give credit to Prince. He also seemingly made a critical tackle on Golladay on that same drive where Fuller got the INT. That could have been a TD if he whiffed that tackle. Our secondary just balled out last night.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Idk, do we need 3 Eddie Jackson threads?

We need at least five to go with all the defensive TDs. Just saw a stat that he has the most since 2015, and he wasn't even drafted until two years later!