Elite NFL QBs

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can tell by the responses that bear fans have no idea what an elite qb is.

You cannot win the super bowl or compete without trenches.

There is no overcoming bad play on either side of the ball.

That's pure fantasy. The best you'll get is guaranteed good play and some improved performance from your skill players.

You can drop in an elite qb, add water, and expect instant win if your team is a dumpster fire. Not gonna happen.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can tell by the responses that bear fans have no idea what an elite qb is.

You cannot win the super bowl or compete without trenches.

There is no overcoming bad play on either side of the ball.

That's pure fantasy. The best you'll get is guaranteed good play and some improved performance from your skill players.

You can drop in an elite qb, add water, and expect instant win if your team is a dumpster fire. Not gonna happen.
Surely you can ascertain that a team is more likely/capable of winning games with a better QB? How is it this is the only fanbase that doesn't understand the QB is the most important position?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If that’s the case as someone mentioned earlier we can eliminate Burrow, Allen and herbert from any list that consider them elite. Seems only Elite QB is Mahomes
I should of also mentioned consistency as well, so a guy like Foles had an elite run when the the lights where brightest but nobody would every think that he was an elite QB because that was just a flash in the pan.

But guys like Burrow, Allen and Herbert are certainly in the debate for being elite, defiantly in the upper category of "great" range

I mean Herbert has a 100.6 rating in the 4th this year, Allen is at 103.2, Burrow is definitely not playing at a great level this year but he also played injured so that probably has been part of the problem with his decline, last year he had a 115 rating in the 4th quarter though.

But those players being elite or slightly under what would be considered elite has nothing to do with Fields and how far away he is with his 60s rating in the 4th.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surely you can ascertain that a team is more likely/capable of winning games with a better QB? How is it this is the only fanbase that doesn't understand the QB is the most important position?
YES. But only if they support said better QB. This team is in no way, shape, or form ready to add a new QB to the mix. How about fixing the lines, adding an additional TE, getting an MHJ. Then we'll see.

Hell, if we do it right, Daniels might be available still and we wouldn't have had to use our #1 pick on a QB. More ways to skin a cat, as they say.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
YES. But only if they support said better QB. This team is in no way, shape, or form ready to add a new QB to the mix. How about fixing the lines, adding an additional TE, getting an MHJ. Then we'll see.

Hell, if we do it right, Daniels might be available still and we wouldn't have had to use our #1 pick on a QB. More ways to skin a cat, as they say.
Houston had as many wins as the Bears last year. They didn't fix the lines any more than the Bears did. Didn't pick a wr in the 1st round or add an additional TE. They picked a QB and have a winning record right now. Coincidence? I think not.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should of also mentioned consistency as well, so a guy like Foles had an elite run when the the lights where brightest but nobody would every think that he was an elite QB because that was just a flash in the pan.

But guys like Burrow, Allen and Herbert are certainly in the debate for being elite, defiantly in the upper category of "great" range

I mean Herbert has a 100.6 rating in the 4th this year, Allen is at 103.2, Burrow is definitely not playing at a great level this year but he also played injured so that probably has been part of the problem with his decline, last year he had a 115 rating in the 4th quarter though.

But those players being elite or slightly under what would be considered elite has nothing to do with Fields and how far away he is with his 60s rating in the 4th.
Allen and Burrow are there. Burrow has just been slowed by injury now. Herbert is close, needs more team success. Maybe 1 weapon short or just another difference maker on D. They are close. 5 of 7 losses have been by 3 points or less.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Houston had as many wins as the Bears last year. They didn't fix the lines any more than the Bears did. Didn't pick a wr in the 1st round or add an additional TE. They picked a QB and have a winning record right now. Coincidence? I think not.
Houston has a better line than the Bears. Better coaching. Davis Mills looked sane with the same team last year. Try again. They were never the dumpster fire that we have here.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What is elite anyway? stats? rings? availability? track record?

Bros, if its all of the above... theres only 1 elite QB currently in the NFL.... Mahomes.. everyone else is on lesser tiers..
The odds of Drake Mayonnaise and Caleb cant beat top teams Williams are gonna be elite are slim to none..

If Fields were the Steelers QB, theyd be a legitimate superbowl contender this year.. Build da team out.. play complementary foosball.
Agreed, build the team around JF and watch the good times roll in.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Houston has a better line than the Bears. Better coaching. Davis Mills looked sane with the same team last year. Try again. They were never the dumpster fire that we have here.
Lmao LMAO LMAO Oh, brother. Houston has known dumpster fires and Davis Mills didn't even come close to performing as well as Stroud has. You've literally resorted to saying a backup type QB with a sub 80 rating looked like this rookie who is a top MVP candidate.

This is where Fields' nuthuggers come unhinged. LMAO

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
You forget the first post so soon. Doesn't necessarily equate to rings but will get you through the regular season and closer to it. He got close! And look how bad they are without him. He means too much to his team not to be elite.

We just come from an era of a handful of elite QBs who went out around the same time. Takes time to restock.

There are always exceptions to the rule but if you follow the rule, you have a much better chance at getting there.

A great QB is the 1 position in highest demand year in and year out for good reason. You don't here fans sayin' let's tank for this RB or this WR. No, you always want the top pick for the top QB prospect cause nothing has the potential of turning a team around quicker.
Many of your comments above are on target but saying "he means too much to his team not to be elite" is just Ass N 9.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao LMAO LMAO Oh, brother. Houston has known dumpster fires and Davis Mills didn't even come close to performing as well as Stroud has. You've literally resorted to saying a backup type QB with a sub 80 rating looked like this rookie who is a top MVP candidate.

I'm not a Fields anything. I just think those of you who don't have football sense are too quick to jump to the next shiny object.

For example, you think Houston didn't have a better oline than the Bears. And yes, drunken bear fan idiots were drooling over him, while fuming at Fields.

Football is a team sport, not a qb sport. I just pointed to an option where we get a Jayden Daniels and fix some other positions and you skimmed over it just to call me a Fields nuthugger.

It is you, sir or madam, or both, who has shown time and again that you do not understand or care to discuss actual football points on how we improve this team, just so long as it includes jettisoning Fields.

There are many different ways to approach this, but you have tunnel vision and wish to hurl insults and nicknames. Good for you.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And just to be clear: Does Houston have better coaching or is Eberflus killing it here? Don't worry. I'll wait.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
They are sailing at the moment but will end mid-level and be stuck there until they build out the team.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many of your comments above are on target but saying "he means too much to his team not to be elite" is just Ass N 9.
Clear to see what a difference maker he is with that team. He proved himself early on too. In his 2nd and 3rd seasons, took them deep into the playoffs, once to the SB. You can't expect a QB to make a bigger difference.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clear to see what a difference maker he is with that team. He proved himself early on too. In his 2nd and 3rd seasons, took them deep into the playoffs, once to the SB. You can't expect a QB to make a bigger difference.
You mean after getting Chase and Tackles to protect him better, ie, building out the team? Burrow is a true elite, but he can't do it alone.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And just to be clear: Does Houston have better coaching or is Eberflus killing it here? Don't worry. I'll wait.
Please, Houston has known bad coaching. What is wrong with you people?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please, Houston has known bad coaching. What is wrong with you people?
Now I know you're trolling......I'll leave it at that.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Surprise, surprise. The toga-loving turd is being intentionally obtuse

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now I know you're trolling......I'll leave it at that.
So, you think this team that has gone 11-38-1 the past 4 seasons has had good coaching? Holy fuck. Then, again, you are the same person who said Davis Mills looked the same as CJ Stroud. Dude, you don't know football at all. Your only goal here is to make excuses for your favorite team's QB that has gotten far to used to losing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are sailing at the moment but will end mid-level and be stuck there until they build out the team.
Even going from a pile of shit to mediocre is a big step up. They are already in playoff contention and, of course, every NFL team is looking to improve in the following off season so that is always going to be an ongoing process for every NFL team. You want to get that most major piece in place ASAP.