ESPN: Dirk to opt out of contract and become free agent.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
they wouldn't have actual cap space. even after lebron leaves they'll have maybe 5 mil. that's it.

So they'd agree to enter cap hell to make us contenders?

Let me ask you this. God forbid but let's say Rose would want to go to the Cavs, would you want us to take Varejo's $50+ million contract and make the Cavs serious contenders?

Of course not.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well we could also take nothing. nah i'd rather have varejao.

dirk wouldn't be a terrible fit in cleveland either. if they could get a superstar shooting guard in the draft, it wouldn't be that bad of a situation.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
well we could also take nothing. nah i'd rather have varejao.

dirk wouldn't be a terrible fit in cleveland either. if they could get a superstar shooting guard in the draft, it wouldn't be that bad of a situation.

You'd take Varejo's terrible huge contract? Is this a joke?

You do realize that we can't trade Hinrich/Deng for scrubs because of their contract right? You realize that? We tried trading Hinrich to the Celtics and they pretty much said **** it and went after Nate Robinson because of that huge contract.

And don't tell me, it's easy to move their contracts. It isn't, if it was easy, it would have been done last February.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
first of all, deng is far and aways better than varejao. the knock on him has been that he can't stay healthy. if he could stay healthy and have the year he had this year he's actually worth the contract.

second, it was told that we could trade hinrich for expirings. or heavily implied.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Deng is not bad and i dont care what any bitter Bulls fans think. Health is a concern but overall his contract just sucks. His best year was 07 where he played a full season and ripped through that old beat up Heat squad in the 1st round.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
deng had almost as good of a season as 2007 this year. it just went under the rader. under a point less, more rebounds, and he didn't have as solid of a team.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
first of all, deng is far and aways better than varejao. the knock on him has been that he can't stay healthy. if he could stay healthy and have the year he had this year he's actually worth the contract.

second, it was told that we could trade hinrich for expirings. or heavily implied.

So why wasn't there a trade? You really think the Bulls said to themselves:
"Hey guys we have a chance to get rid of Hinrich for garbage, but it would open up a lot of cap space. And only put us one step closer to signing two maximum contracts. So just getting rid of Deng in the off-season and we can probably get LeBron with Bosh maybe. Or do you guys want to keep the inconsistent player with the huge contract?"

"KEEP HIM!!!!!!!!"

Yeah............no. NBA teams think of everything in this day and age, you really think the Bulls passed up an opportunity to trade Hinrich and open up a shot at landing two huge free agents that would make this team dominant for years to come?

LOL, like Keyshawn says "COME ON MAN"

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt doubt it. Pax loves Hinrich and trading him for nothing would only admit major failure. They wanted to win now and still set themselves up for the summer. They did that with trading Salmons. They might feel confident in their ability to get Hinrich out this off-season.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Bulls: Nocioni, Gooden, Simmons and Ruffin for Miller and Salmons; Sefolosha for a No. 1; Hughes for Tim Thomas and Jerome James. Sefolosha wasn't playing and the draft pick could aid in a deal. Plus, I give credit for the Bulls generally trying to help players they deal get in position to help their careers. They had a chance to deal Kirk Hinrich to Minnesota, but also, I believe, felt it would be hurtful to him.

BULLS: Sam Smith: Paxson’s move made biggest impact

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
has it? he had a better year this year than last year. and about the same of two years ago. he's actually gotten better since then.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly would like to see Dirk more than Bosh. I think he would compliment LeBron more smoothly.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
John Hollinger had an article on who would be the best fit next to LeBron. Bosh came in at #1, Dirk at #2, Rose at #8. What a sick squad...

The perfect companion: Chris Bosh
Bosh hits every check mark on the list above. He's an outstanding midrange shooter who would provide a fearsome weapon on the pick-and-pop, something James has never really had in Cleveland. His offensive rebound rate (9.9 percent) was in the top third of power forwards, which is amazing considering how often he played outside. His turnover rate was in the bottom third and his TS% (59.2) was outstanding.

Near-perfect companions: Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudemire, David Lee, Carlos Boozer
The lesson here: Pairing LeBron with a floor-spacing 4 can be really, really effective. We'll start with Nowitzki, the gold standard in this category. Dallas doesn't have the cap space to pursue LeBron, but that doesn't mean they won't try like the dickens with some combo of Erick Dampier's nonguaranteed deal, talented prospect Rodrigue Beaubois and any other goodies ($3 million and a future first-rounder, for instance) they can muster.

If they pulled it off, Dirk and LeBron would make a fearsome pair. Nowitzki doesn't rebound like Bosh does but is an even better outside shooter; and, as with Bosh, Nowitzki has both a low turnover rate and a high TS%.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
has it? he had a better year this year than last year. and about the same of two years ago. he's actually gotten better since then.

Are you trolling the **** out of this board or something?

Hinrich's FG%:
2007-08 - 41.4
2008-09 - 43.7
2009-10 - 40.9

Hinrich's 3pt FG%:
2007-08 - 35
2008-09 - 40.8
2009-10 - 37.1

His FG% is a career worst this year, his 3pt % is worse than last years. His FT% is career worst. His assists are 4.5, which is the 2nd lowest of his career.

What the hell are you smoking man?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
bosh would be a better fit next to lebron IMO. just the sick first step would make an unguardable team, especially next to rose.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
is it seriously news to you that losing a 20 ppg scorer would force kirk to take more bad shots? he's averaged two more shots per game than last year.

is it really news to you as well that your assists will go down if derrick rose kinda goes onto the scene and takes the ball out of your hands? seriously?

what the hell are you smoking? increased usage will in fact hurt your percentages. i'm so sorry that you have not learned that from actually following basketball. the exception is if you're a superstar. i think it's safe to say kirk hinrich is not a superstar.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
CHIBears, do you actually read what you're supposed to be replying to?