ESPN Message Boards Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
The point is very simple, and proves exactly what I've said before. The content of the ideas of a message has not gotten a single post removed or user banned. The manner in which that content is delivered has.

Depending on which user the message was directed at.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This post is hard to digest. First off, if you are "staff" or a "moderator", why are you taking a stance in this? The reason I ask is because this post is laced with pre-conceived notions and prejudice for people with the same thought pattern as you. If you are staff, that's a bit dangerous isn't it? I didn't realize it was your job to do this? Isn't the most prudent thing to do concerning posters is to be and stay neutral?

I don't post much on there but I do read much of what is written and to be honest, you are just as bad as those you claim to be the worst. Why don't you concern yourself with what you are doing and not so much what others are because frankly, you have enough to keep you busy.

Errors in your statement:

People are called idiots because they say idiotic things in the eyes of the beholder. Not because they "differ in opinion".
Nobody on here is engineering a "grand conspiracy". The mere fact you mention this makes me think you are a child. If not, it certainly is a childish post. They have a difference of opinion from yours. Is it not then implied that you think they are an idiot for differing in opinion?
The person you are referring to often tries to debate the topic and not the poster. However, many times I have seen everyone go the other way. That includes you. Simple fact is that there is a history between many of the posters here. Those posters have dug their heels in to their stance. It then becomes a pissing match to see who can get people to agree with them more. Read some of the arguments about one topic and then about another. What is good for one argument becomes bad for another. It is really quite comical. But then again, you seem to be looking at only a few instead of all.

Finally, if the "staff" on this site continue to behave like petulant children, I wonder how you will ever get more "dedicated" people to this board. It must be very easy to call out other people and not yourself.

Again, why don't you fix your posts and then people may take you and your fellow staff members seriously. Until then, you are going to have more of the same.

And if you don't understand this....there lies the problem.
Find a post where I said someone was an idiot for disagreeing with me. The point I have continued to raise is that some posters continue to claim that actions taken have been solely driven by their philosophical stance, and that is factually untrue as any reasonable answer to my question would show.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
The point is very simple, and proves exactly what I've said before. The content of the ideas of a message has not gotten a single post removed or user banned. The manner in which that content is delivered has.

And while that may be true....do you honestly think that this is the best way to go about proving that? Because, your question really has nothing to do with proving that point let alone making that point.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And while that may be true....do you honestly think that this is the best way to go about proving that? Because, your question really has nothing to do with proving that point let alone making that point.

I've tried many ways to point that out.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
Look, personally I have no issues with you staff guys. But methods of going about things and in conjunction with another supposed staff members getting in verbal jawing matches with posters....

And you guys wonder why you have next to no credibility?

Do you guys think maybe it is time to re-think whatever your strategy is?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
The point I have continued to raise is that some posters continue to claim that actions taken have been solely driven by their philosophical stance, and that is factually untrue as any reasonable answer to my question would show.

100% untrue.

My signature video is the only one I have seen that has been removed.

There are others who have signatures that take up more space and have nothing to do with sports that allowed to remain.

Mine is the only one to be removed because I have been vocal and factually accurate in my points about how the team is being run.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
100% untrue.

My signature video is the only one I have seen that has been removed.

There are others who have signatures that take up more space and have nothing to do with sports that allowed to remain.

Mine is the only one to be removed because I have been vocal and factually accurate in my points about how the team is being run.
What poster here has an actual video in their signature?

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
I've tried many ways to point that out.

Whether you power base is real or implied; and it seems your hands are tied to a certain degree. I would just state the fact right out. If there is nothing you can do about certain situations then I wouldn't say anything.

But that's just me.

You guys seem to refer to one poster on here as being the issue or problem. You really have to be blind to not see that it is a lot more than that. You can't call out one, or infer about one, without the others.

Hence the "fair" comments. And no, it's not about language.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So then people opposed to the front office have posted here without being banned and or posts removed?

Nope.

But personal attacks against posters that are against people who are opposed to the front office are left untouched and only addressed with a verbal warning that is useless when the mods have repeatedly gotten on their soapboxes and declared a zero tolerance against personal attacks that is supposedly being applied fairly and equal to all.

It clearly isn't as multiple people have pointed out multiple times.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
What poster here has an actual video in their signature?

So you are going to split hairs between a video and gif file now??

And you seem shocked that people would somehow question fairness?? lol

Franko725

Liked Posts:
This thread makes me :andruw:

But really, it is amazing that yet another thread has devolved into this load of crap.

I really just want to say :enough: with this crap.

*0% baseball related content. 100% factual.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Clearly the answer is yes.

Not that it was going to be obvious or anything.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Typical response when the facts don't support your position it becomes splitting hairs and attacking me personally.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Look, personally I have no issues with you staff guys. But methods of going about things and in conjunction with another supposed staff members getting in verbal jawing matches with posters....

And you guys wonder why you have next to no credibility?

Do you guys think maybe it is time to re-think whatever your strategy is?

Thank you.

I like the staff guys, they do the best to run a clean and fair ship.

They are more reasoned posters than myself, but I have an issue with every name being called being a slap on the wrist, "don't do that." We're all adults here, and when other posters call names and make threats to people, we were told to ignore and deal with it. I grew to adapt that philosophy with particular posters and I think that philosophy works better than trying to police every name being called etc.

Again, I like Dews, but the way he baits HW in the other forums is a hypocritical message of the staff to send IMO.

We're all awesome people, and different shades are appreciated, as much as I may disagree with the different shades, I do appreciate hearing well-thought out, factual based opinions.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you.

I like the staff guys, they do the best to run a clean and fair ship.

They are more reasoned posters than myself, but I have an issue with every name being called being a slap on the wrist, "don't do that." We're all adults here, and when other posters call names and make threats to people, we were told to ignore and deal with it. I grew to adapt that philosophy with particular posters and I think that philosophy works better than trying to police every name being called etc.

Again, I like Dews, but the way he baits HW in the other forums is a hypocritical message of the staff to send IMO.

We're all awesome people, and different shades are appreciated, as much as I may disagree with the different shades, I do appreciate hearing well-thought out, factual based opinions.

And the bolded has been my hope from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.