ESPNNews: Ric Bucher on Gordon

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Bye bye Ben its been fun..Thank you for everything including all tHE times u killed those stinking Knicks

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
Saw it as well

Looks like Hedos pay day wont be as big as he had it expected it to be. As for Ben part of me will be sad. He was a great Bull and maybe in 6 yrs when he is done in Detroit we can get him back for one last run with us.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Yes they did start to get better, but bringing Salmons and Miller to the team added dimensions that this team didn't have before. And no, the backcourt was not fine, they couldn't guard anybody. Salmons was able to guard the other teams wing players effectively while scoring on the other end. Miller has a better shot than Tyrus, and he was effective in getting his shot off, even with that very slow fake of his. Don't think the team would have made the playoffs without Miller and Salmons.

Don't forget that Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah were absolute crap until like late January.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
Saw it as well

Looks like Hedos pay day wont be as big as he had it expected it to be. As for Ben part of me will be sad. He was a great Bull and maybe in 6 yrs when he is done in Detroit we can get him back for one last run with us.

After six years without winning a championship in Detroit, Ben will be looking to sign with a contender, so that would keep us out of the equation.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
Saw it as well

After six years without winning a championship in Detroit, Ben will be looking to sign with a contender, so that would keep us out of the equation.
Who knows what will happen in the next 6 years, maybe we both will be contenders then.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bucher said that he thinks Detroit will offer $10-11 million on ESPN News.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
No offer has been made yet, Gordon is not with the Pistons yet lets not jump the gun.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This makes me so nervous it's not even funny...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bucher just said that the first free agent dominoes to fall will be Detroit offering contracts to Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
This makes me so nervous it's not even funny...
At this point, I think I've accepted the fact that Gordon won't be back next year. It would be a surprise if he signed with the Bulls. It just sucks he has to go to a division rival and not a terrible team in the West.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Edit: I'm not saying the Bulls are better off without Gordon because they aren't, I'm just saying it's not the end of the world if Gordon does leave.

Amen

Exactly

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Gordon couldn't guard a blind quadraplegic if you handcuffed BG to the wheelchair. Neither could Rose, that is why they want to do better defensively. If he was adequate defensively, they wouldn't complain. He is not adequate, he is not average defensively.

when have the bulls ever complained over gordon's defense?

according to 82 games.com, (info from 4/4/09) the chicago bulls SGs have held players to a PER of 15, while producing a 17.6 PER. so chicago bull's shooting guards are actually the most efficient offensive AND defensive players based on PER.

senrad

Liked Posts:
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought that was the case. it certainly doesn't appear that way when you are watching the game. I wonder if the bad opinions people have of BG stem from the way Detroit abused him in that series a few years ago.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think the main reason that people discount BG's defense is because he doesn't get steals and stuff. he's a solid defender, for sure average, but not above average. the reason that people think he's bad at defense could also be because hinrich is a good defender so he guards the better player, which makes BG look a little bit worse maybe. BG can hold his own, but hinrich is known for his defense. so comparing them makes BG look bad.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
when have the bulls ever complained over gordon's defense?

according to 82 games.com, (info from 4/4/09) the chicago bulls SGs have held players to a PER of 15, while producing a 17.6 PER. so chicago bull's shooting guards are actually the most efficient offensive AND defensive players based on PER.

What, do you need John Paxson to hold a "BG cant play D" press conference?

If you were to give the Bulls coaching staff and front office those stats to justify BG's defense, you would get thrown out of Berto.

If his defense was average or better, they would keep him. I just don't understand how some of you watched the dynasty in the 90's and yet can't tell who plays defense and who doesn't. Its obvious...

If you are delusional about BG's talents, then that is your choice. I am glad that the Bulls brass are not delusional at all, they know what it takes to win championships, and I am happy for that.

i think the main reason that people discount BG's defense is because he doesn't get steals and stuff. he's a solid defender, for sure average, but not above average. the reason that people think he's bad at defense could also be because hinrich is a good defender so he guards the better player, which makes BG look a little bit worse maybe. BG can hold his own, but hinrich is known for his defense. so comparing them makes BG look bad.

K.C. Johnson, and Sam Smith don't need stats to justify their opinions about BG's defense, these are seasoned, professional journalists who know what they are watching. They don't have to look at the back of a basketball card to find out if someone is competent as a player on either side of the ball.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
just because you probably had the best positional defenders in league history in MJ/pippen/rodman doesn't mean that we're always going to have great defenders. and john salmons is NOT that much better...just taller, but weaker and not as laterally quick.

and why just because they have credentials they don't watch the same game that we do? they've been used to watching mj play defense, that's everyone's problem. you're never going to get a defender like that. don't try to hold all our players to his standard.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Salmons is not THAT much better, I agree with you...take the "THAT" out and you are about right. He gives a damn about defense, and that's half the battle.

I wish people wouldn't say what will NEVER happen...you don't know what the future holds. And if they are the all time best defensively, we should just accept players who don't give a damn about defense? I don't think so.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
the ONLY problem that gordon has on defense is that people shoot over him. that's it. he's not a plus on the defensive end, but not a minus either.

what gives an indication that he doesn't give a damn??? there is NOTHING that shows he doesn't give a damn. not guarding the same player isn't the same thing as not giving a damn. since kirk isn't a great offensive player, does that mean that he doesn't give a damn offensively??? d-rose is a terrible defensive player. does he not give a damn???

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
One of the signs that he doesn't give a damn is when they sub him out on defense. It shows that defense is a glaring inadequacy. He is a player who just doesn't see that side of the floor as important, you can tell from how he plays.

Hinrich is a much better offensive player than Gordon is defensively, so the analogy doesn't work.