dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Justin Fields is the Ferrari, protect him at all costs. Steal Orlando Brown Jr. away from KC by giving him the contract he wants (& KC failed to do). Then add some more competition at center, guys like Garrett Bradbury and Ethan Pocic should be available.

*Crazy take* Keep the same WR room. I want to see what Claypool looks like with a full training camp. Plus, I’d rather they hold out for Marvin Harrison Jr. next year. He’s 100 % legit (barring no injury).

The Bears defensive line is their greatest weakness. Daron Payne is an obvious target, but not enough to solve the problem. I’d pour a lot of draft capital on upgrading the defensive line. A Payne/Breese duo would be sick.

The Bears still need a lot of help at LB too. A veteran LB like Deion Jones would be a nice fit at a reasonable cost. He’s excellent in coverage. I could see Eberflus pounding on the table for Tremaine Edmonds, but it would depend on the $.

I’d like to see the Bears sign Ashtyn Davis as a backup FS. The guy has struggled with injuries but has all the physical tools you could ask for out of a safety. Give him a year to develop behind Eddie Jackson.
Good stuff. I loved Ashtyn Davis in the draft but pretty sure he came with the injury issues if i remember right.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields is the Ferrari, protect him at all costs. Steal Orlando Brown Jr. away from KC by giving him the contract he wants (& KC failed to do). Then add some more competition at center, guys like Garrett Bradbury and Ethan Pocic should be available.

*Crazy take* Keep the same WR room. I want to see what Claypool looks like with a full training camp. Plus, I’d rather they hold out for Marvin Harrison Jr. next year. He’s 100 % legit (barring no injury).

The Bears defensive line is their greatest weakness. Daron Payne is an obvious target, but not enough to solve the problem. I’d pour a lot of draft capital on upgrading the defensive line. A Payne/Breese duo would be sick.

The Bears still need a lot of help at LB too. A veteran LB like Deion Jones would be a nice fit at a reasonable cost. He’s excellent in coverage. I could see Eberflus pounding on the table for Tremaine Edmonds, but it would depend on the $.

I’d like to see the Bears sign Ashtyn Davis as a backup FS. The guy has struggled with injuries but has all the physical tools you could ask for out of a safety. Give him a year to develop behind Eddie Jackson.
Orlando Brown Jr. Is going to get horribly overpaid. I'd rather trade back and get skoronski

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’d prefer the sure fire stud LT over an unproven rookie. Fields is worth protecting - even if you have to overpay.
Orlando Brown isn't a stud or sure fire. I'd rather have someone who could be the next rashawn slater and actually perform at an elite level. Orlando Brown will give you mediocre pass blocking year in and year out.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’d prefer the sure fire stud LT over an unproven rookie. Fields is worth protecting - even if you have to overpay.
He's right though on O.Brown cause he's really a great RT that demands to play LT and get paid like a top LT, which he's good at but not like he is at RT. This is why the Chiefs didn't get a new deal worked out with him.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Orlando Brown isn't a stud or sure fire. I'd rather have someone who could be the next rashawn slater and actually perform at an elite level. Orlando Brown will give you mediocre pass blocking year in and year out.
Skoronski hasn’t played a single snap in the NFL.

Orlando Brown Jr. is a three-time pro-bowl LT that’s only 26 years old. KC traded for him, so Poles has a history with him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Skoronski hasn’t played a single snap in the NFL.

Orlando Brown Jr. is a three-time pro-bowl LT that’s only 26 years old. KC traded for him, so Poles has a history with him.
Mitch trubisky made a pro bowl too. Brown is a really good RT, but his pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired at LT for a guy demanding over $20 million/yr

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
He's right though on O.Brown cause he's really a great RT that demands to play LT and get paid like a top LT, which he's good at but not like he is at RT. This is why the Chiefs didn't get a new deal worked out with him.
Would he play RT if he got LT money?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Mitch trubisky made a pro bowl too. Brown is a really good RT, but his pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired at LT for a guy demanding over $20 million/yr
Mitch was gifted a pro-bowl nod because no QBs wanted to go. OBJ’s pro-bowls we’re under different circumstances. He also did it three times.

Teams always overpay in free agency, so I’m not going to pretend like the Bears are going to add a player on a bargain contract.

I’m not against Skoronski. Do you see him as a LT or guard?

I think a lot of what the Bears do in FA will be dependent on where they’re drafting.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
If Payne hits FA hes a must, No1 priority!! Also because of the cap situation you have to look at some non freeagent trade targets. Bucs and Saints will have salary cap nightmares this offseason and both will be looking to retool. Tristan Wirfs and Ali Marpet, possibly Mike Evans from the Bucs would be high on my want list. Also Ryan Ramezyk from the Saints might be another target. He has a huge cap number. They have a center thats pretty goood also but I think He just resigned this year. Id also poke around and see if DeForest might be available.
As far as the draft if we are top 5 you pick Carter DT, Anderson LE, Breese or Murphy from Clemson. Personally Id trade out if Anderson or Carter are gone. If we have that 7-15 pick (whereI think we will be picking) and the previously mentioned guys arnt available I think ya go with O line. Paris from Ohio State seems solid, Fashanu from Penn State might be the best LT right now and hes only 19. I really like Skoronski but as a center or RT. Hes played C position and would be a solid RT. D line or O line with first pick.
Mitch was gifted a pro-bowl nod because no QBs wanted to go. OBJ’s pro-bowls we’re under different circumstances. He also did it three times.

Teams always overpay in free agency, so I’m not going to pretend like the Bears are going to add a player on a bargain contract.

I’m not against Skoronski. Do you see him as a LT or guard?

I think a lot of what the Bears do in FA will be dependent on where they’re drafting.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Payne hits FA hes a must, No1 priority!! Also because of the cap situation you have to look at some non freeagent trade targets. Bucs and Saints will have salary cap nightmares this offseason and both will be looking to retool. Tristan Wirfs and Ali Marpet, possibly Mike Evans from the Bucs would be high on my want list. Also Ryan Ramezyk from the Saints might be another target. He has a huge cap number. They have a center thats pretty goood also but I think He just resigned this year. Id also poke around and see if DeForest might be available.
As far as the draft if we are top 5 you pick Carter DT, Anderson LE, Breese or Murphy from Clemson. Personally Id trade out if Anderson or Carter are gone. If we have that 7-15 pick (whereI think we will be picking) and the previously mentioned guys arnt available I think ya go with O line. Paris from Ohio State seems solid, Fashanu from Penn State might be the best LT right now and hes only 19. I really like Skoronski but as a center or RT. Hes played C position and would be a solid RT. D line or O line with first pick.

Agree with Payne. Obvious choice if available

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't spend a fortune on the OL though wouldn't mind some help. I prefer to develop there but obviously we need help so a vet C that's better than what we have would be awesome. Try to ramp up the DL starters and WR depth. Stud Backer. Backup QB that can better mimic Fields style. Edge CB but some of this is better to draft.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Poles has to get the very best Tackle and Center he can, no matter the price. Unless its a first. If a Top guy is available, even if it costs a second or third, you get him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Elgton finna get Rodgers killed today. I know it's just a snapshot but he's not on my list right now.

Elton Jenkins is a beast at guard the Packers are idoits for having him at tackle.