Facial jockstrap halftime show

GoBears

Liked Posts:
The 2nd half of the song sounded nothing like the Anthem..It sounded like an entirely different song..Thats my beef with it.

As a vet, I just want people to sing the damned song. This song isn't about your artistic abilities nor your sense of style. It's not a time to improvise or showcase your distinct uniqueness or stretch the last note out longer than the actual football game.
The song is sung to honor the nation, not to honor yourself. Just sing the damned song and, for once, put the nation ahead of yourself. But then, that's far too much to ask of most musical talents these days.
/rant

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL this thread happens after every Superbowl.

Yes boomers, we know you don't like modern music and want Metallica to play every year. We don't care. Go away.
Certainly better than up with people but Starboy without backup was just a snore. Compared to Blue Shark or GaGa or even the Nelly, Jackson, Timberlake show, this one was extremely lame.

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Anne Murray and Gordon Lightfoot...boom! With flames and fireworks!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As a vet, I just want people to sing the damned song. This song isn't about your artistic abilities nor your sense of style. It's not a time to improvise or showcase your distinct uniqueness or stretch the last note out longer than the actual football game.
The song is sung to honor the nation, not to honor yourself. Just sing the damned song and, for once, put the nation ahead of yourself. But then, that's far too much to ask of most musical talents these days.
/rant
Did u ever stop to think that artists are honoring the nation with their unique talent?

Also, a veteran's opinion on the anthem holds no more value than any other citizen, no disrespect but that's the facts..

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL this thread happens after every Superbowl.

Yes boomers, we know you don't like modern music and want Metallica to play every year. We don't care. Go away.

Can u imagine the boomer meltdown if Die Antwood played the Superbowl halvetime show?

The Weeknd's performance was "just okay"... not surprised the boomers are mad about it based on how he looks though.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lady Gaga was terrific. Shakira and JLo were outstanding. Madonna was decent, Prince was so enjoyable. This one? I like the music. The choreography/costuming was totally bizarre and distracted from Weekend’s talent, IMHO.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lady Gaga was terrific. Shakira and JLo were outstanding. Madonna was decent, Prince was so enjoyable. This one? I like the music. The choreography/costuming was totally bizarre and distracted from Weekend’s talent, IMHO.
Prince was the best of em all... Great guitarist, and his stage presence is off the charts~!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Also, the National Anthem...I don’t mind artists trying to present it a bit differently, but some are just so weird. Frankly, once Whitney Houston sang the SSB, there was no one before or since who could match the greatness of her rendition. Powerful vocals. She set a standard that I doubt any other artist will ever be able to match.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, the National Anthem...I don’t mind artists trying to present it a bit differently, but some are just so weird. Frankly, once Whitney Houston sang the SSB, there was no one before or since who could match the greatness of her rendition. Powerful vocals. She set a standard that I doubt any other artist will ever be able to match.
I thought Her did a good job on the anthem.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man...she aced it!!