Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Can u imagine the boomer meltdown if Die Antwood played the Superbowl halvetime show?

The Weeknd's performance was "just okay"... not surprised the boomers are mad about it based on how he looks though.
Not a boomer, but can't bad just be bad independent of age, race, or religion?
So the old ass turf guy said Gaga was his favorite ever, but if he didn't like the Weeknd it's cuz he is a boomer.

"not surprised the boomers are mad about it based on how he looks though."

Stereotyping in a sentence accusing others of stereotyping. It takes real skill to be so openly hypocritical.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I guess I missed the anthem then lol. Who did it?
It was more an R&B country fusion duet with sampled anthem lyrics than the actual anthem. Reeked of the NFL just trying too hard. Setting the anthem lyrics to Ebony and Ivory would have been only slightly more transparently strained

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was more an R&B country fusion duet with sampled anthem lyrics than the actual anthem. Reeked of the NFL just trying too hard. Setting the anthem lyrics to Ebony and Ivory would have been only slightly more transparently strained
My wife and I (mixed race) played Ebony and Ivory as our walk in song at our wedding. It got amazing reception from both sides or the aisle! :)

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My wife and I (mixed race) played Ebony and Ivory as our walk in song at our wedding. It got amazing reception from both sides or the isle! :)

*aisle

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Did u ever stop to think that artists are honoring the nation with their unique talent?

Also, a veteran's opinion on the anthem holds no more value than any other citizen, no disrespect but that's the facts..

Please point to the sentence where I said a vet's opinion should weigh more heavily than someone who never served. I simply added that sentence to add weight to the fact that I've heard the National Anthem A LOT. I also know the protocol as to how to behave while it's being played. (It is not screaming and jumping up and down like an idiot but most people don't know better and some who do don't have the self-control to restrain themselves and, well, that's just life and everyone prefers a different cup of tea, I guess.)

Your former point is subject to opinion. Where you see someone singing the song with different cadences, pitches and interpretations wholly unlike the original composer had in mind while writing the piece as a performer "honoring the nation with their unique talent," I see it as them making the song all about themselves. We're both right and we're both wrong.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did u ever stop to think that artists are honoring the nation with their unique talent?

Also, a veteran's opinion on the anthem holds no more value than any other citizen, no disrespect but that's the facts..

This needs to be spray painted on the sky until every nationalist gets it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I like some of the weekends music....some of the slower stuff isn't for me

I don't think he's a very charismatic performer; esp in this setting; and his performance was a total flop.

Contrast him as a performer to a Bruno Mars and its night an day......not sure what everyone or the NFL was expecting?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have to admit, my favorite anthem before a football game was Harry Connick Jr. It was before the season opener, I want to say around 2008 or 2009. The most simple version you'll ever hear but just perfect.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Please point to the sentence where I said a vet's opinion should weigh more heavily than someone who never served. I simply added that sentence to add weight to the fact that I've heard the National Anthem A LOT. I also know the protocol as to how to behave while it's being played. (It is not screaming and jumping up and down like an idiot but most people don't know better and some who do don't have the self-control to restrain themselves and, well, that's just life and everyone prefers a different cup of tea, I guess.)

Your former point is subject to opinion. Where you see someone singing the song with different cadences, pitches and interpretations wholly unlike the original composer had in mind while writing the piece as a performer "honoring the nation with their unique talent," I see it as them making the song all about themselves. We're both right and we're both wrong.
K

Visionman

Liked Posts:

No. You’re just wrong on this one. You have your preference, but that’s all it is.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Imagine not changing the channel at halftime and every commercial break...