CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I thought Her did a good job on the anthem.
I thought this 2021 rendition was interesting and not in a bad way. A bit bluesy. And yes. Jazmine Sullivan has a strong and beautiful voice.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
No. You’re just wrong on this one. You have your preference, but that’s all it is.

LOL. Didn't mean to trigger you by pointing out that personal preferences can't be wrong. Let me give you the validation you seek. I was completely wrong by saying that I believe singers make the national anthem more about themselves than the country and that bothers me. You were right, as always and it's confounding that other people in your real life can't understand that.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

HeHateMe said:
Kc will trounce

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weekends original CD was one of my fav's ever.

Wanderlust is still my jam

His new shit is not as much for this guy.
EVER? Dude, you need to get out more.

Edit: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, I bet none of the first album was played during that half time performance.... Tell me if I'm right.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think everyone is crazy. That halftime show was str8 firesauce jalopeno money.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A duet means two people sing something in a coordinated fashion, not independently together.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Full disclosure: I have no idea who this entertainer is, although I have heard he's popular with the young folk...Some of the young folk, anyway. Each generation has its own music, and each generation thinks their music is the best. And this generation will be told by many of the next generation that their music is old and stale - It just hasn't happened yet.

That said, this particular halftime show didn't repulse me, but it didn't grab me either. From what I have heard by those who know more than I do in this genre, this particular halftime is not expected to have a long shelf-life, and is destined to be quickly forgotten. IOW, Meh. Time will tell.

Considering this was not a particularly compelling Super Bowl, perhaps that is appropriate.

Personally, I prefer Marvin Gaye.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I also have absolutely no clue who this halftime singer was. But I do know this halftime show was in the midst of covid, with all the safety regulations that come with it So with that, I thought it was sort of creative. Sure, the diapers on the heads thing maybe wasn’t the best choice, but I f see INT know how anyone expected this show to “wow” like previous ones. It literally couldn’t be like those other shows.

And for those thinking the best performances were the ones involving the least amount of clothing...you don’t understand what a good performance is.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The audio quality was straight trash, kind of a shame too, I can tell a lot of money was spent on the production, but it kinda missed it's mark.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
the hills song remixed with a rock beat wasn't bad, but yeah, wtf was that?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big fan of The Weeknd, been a fan for years even before he went mainstream, but I can agree that he could have done better with his performance. It wasn't bad, but it definitely could have been better. Maybe I just had higher expectations because I've seen his performances in concert.

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Even with gout, I danced like Pelosi having a ClapAttack!!! ?

And then my dog tried to bite me.