• Total voters

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Where do you stand? It seems like some people are very extreme with their opinions, where others are being a little more rational. Just wanted to get it logged in a poll.

Please comment where you are if "other".

Results are public.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I voted for option 1 but I am also in the camp of...just get it over with. Whatever the decision is going to be, I just want to have it made so the discussion can move past tearing down either Fields or Williams as I don't think either player deserves that.

And, if it is Williams, I hope that the Chicago fanbase welcomes him more like they did Justin Fields and not boo him right out of the gate like Trubisky. Give the kid a chance.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I voted for option 1 but I am also in the camp of...just get it over with. Whatever the decision is going to be, I just want to have it made so the discussion can move past tearing down either Fields or Williams as I don't think either player deserves that.

And, if it is Williams, I hope that the Chicago fanbase welcomes him more like they did Justin Fields and not boo him right out of the gate like Trubisky. Give the kid a chance
I'm not sold on CW, but I do think he's walking into a great situation, especially if we can shore up the interior of the OL a bit.

I think the Bears will be good either way. Things are looking up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I picked other. I want cw because I think he will be great and never seen this opportunity for the bears. But I also love fields and think he can still be a good qb you can win with but idt he’s good enough to pass on cw. Idt anyone needs to trash fields just cause they want cw. Fields been the only reason to watch bears football

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'll be happy whether it's Fields or Williams at QB. If it upsets you so bad that the QB you prefer didn't get chosen, you need to get your priorities in life squared away. If any professional sport makes you really upset in any sort of way you are truly pathetic.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I went with Prefer JF but trust Poles.

To be honest (and I will put myself on record again) -

What I really want is the haul. I'd really like Justin to stay. I do NOT want CW or Drake Maye, but if the QB ends up being either, I'm not going to throw a shit fit - I will hope Poles knows what he is doing, and throw my support behind the QB and hope they become everything we want in a franchise QB.

So my opinion is a little flexible.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went with Prefer JF but trust Poles.

What I really want is the haul. I'd really like Justin to stay. I do NOT want CW or Drake Maye, but if the QB ends up being either, I'm not going to throw a shit fit - I will hope Poles knows what he is doing, and throw my support behind the QB and hope they become everything we want in a franchise QB.

So my opinion is a little flexible.
I think you are lying to yourself......

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I picked other. I want cw because I think he will be great and never seen this opportunity for the bears. But I also love fields and think he can still be a good qb you can win with but idt he’s good enough to pass on cw. Idt anyone needs to trash fields just cause they want cw. Fields been the only reason to watch bears football
There's been a lot of irrational hate pointed at Fields. It's almost like those people don't realize how terrible and unwatchable the Bears would have been without him. I think your take is a fair one. Really, there are good arguments on both sides of this. The people taking extremes on both sides are pretty fucking annoying.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I picked the first line but let me clarify.

I believe Caleb Williams will be a better QB in the NFL than Justin Fields. I feel he can grasp the mental part better than Fields after NFL coaching. So with that, I think he gives us the best chance to make more plays to win games.

Now, whatever Poles decides, I’m good with it. Because in my opinion, you can win with both. You just need a great defense with Fields since there will be missed opportunities offensively with him at helm. Kind of like 2006. Fields just gives you that extra help with his legs. You can win that way.

With Caleb, I think you can win with a good (not great) defense. More will be put on the offensive side to score, which once he has settled, I think he can do with the rest of his team. More like the Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills way.

Which way do I prefer and what I think gives us more of a chance to win, the way with Caleb at helm. But you can with both ways. Just need to coaching staff to know that and play within the strengths of the team.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks for clarifying this, I had no idea . . .

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I picked the first line but let me clarify.

I believe Caleb Williams will be a better QB in the NFL than Justin Fields. I feel he can grasp the mental part better than Fields after NFL coaching. So with that, I think he gives us the best chance to make more plays to win games.

Now, whatever Poles decides, I’m good with it. Because in my opinion, you can win with both. You just need a great defense with Fields since there will be missed opportunities offensively with him at helm. Kind of like 2006. Fields just gives you that extra help with his legs. You can win that way.

With Caleb, I think you can win with a good (not great) defense. More will be put on the offensive side to score, which once he has settled, I think he can do with the rest of his team. More like the Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills way.

Which way do I prefer and what I think gives us more of a chance to win, the way with Caleb at helm. But you can with both ways. Just need to coaching staff to know that and play within the strengths of the team.
I think a big part of Fields not seeing open guys is a confidence issue. I believe that changes with a really strong WR group. With a trade down, you're potentially looking at DJ, Allen, MHJ, Kmet and Swift. That would inspire a whole lot of confidence I think.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a big part of Fields not seeing open guys is a confidence issue. I believe that changes with a really strong WR group. With a trade down, you're potentially looking at DJ, Allen, MHJ, Kmet and Swift. That would inspire a whole lot of confidence I think.
I think there is a reason why he threw the ball to DJ Moore and Kmet a lot....

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If Fields is the starter this year, I hope you’re right and the confidence can be brought back up with the WR group. Because if he can’t, same thing with Rex. He’ll be a back up and out of the league. Which sucks for us because he didn’t pan out for us. Rex played scared and lost that confidence. He never recovered. Going into your 4th year, hard to recover from that…