• Total voters

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Fields is the starter this year, I hope you’re right and the confidence can be brought back up with the WR group. Because if he can’t, same thing with Rex. He’ll be a back up and out of the league. Which sucks for us because he didn’t pan out for us. Rex played scared and lost that confidence. He never recovered.
Rex was mostly a one trick pony with Bernard Berrian.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Let’s ask Shane Waldron.

Shane what’s you choice? “

If it isn’t CW or I’ll flip out, then I’m done before I start. Why in the hell would I come here and put my career on the line to prove in one year I can make Fields into a top QB when I can have multiple years to take a rookie into the next level. If I fail with Fields not only will I get fired but my chance at getting another OC job, let alone a HC gig will be out the window. “

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes he was. But the injury due to the line not protecting him did fuck him up mentally.
Rex was never really nimble. He had issues seeing passing lanes and maneuver in the pocket since he was 6 feet tall.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
I want Justin to get a fair chance at success with the Bears,instead of drafting Caleb, but I trust Ryan Poles to build a winning team here. I’m rocking with my Bears regardless.

I stayed with the Bears after Ditka wouldn’t allow Sweetness the honor of a TD in the Superbowl, I stayed after Mel Tucker coordinated the worst defense I’ve seen from the Bears, etc, etc, etc.

Username

Liked Posts:
Other: The smart thing would be to keep Justin and actually fix the Oline and get some more weapons and let him grow.
Although I can also see maybe this is as good as he gets as a passer. So maybe they try to do better by drafting CW. But The Bears have been trying to "do better" ever since they let Lovie go. They've failed.
I'd like to see them try and grow with what they got and ignore the media and the meatheads.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I can’t get past JF’s flaws and his 4th quarter shit shows but I’m putting my faith in the process. This is one of those decisions that have historic ramifications. I’m sure Poles is losing sleep.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
However Poles decides, either Fields or CW are getting one of the most comfortable situation as a young bears quarterback

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally would take da HAUL.

The Bears need lots of playmakers and acquiring all the Top 50 picks you can is a great help to achieving that goal.

Give Fields another season not because I believe he is a "franchise quarterback", but because he is under contract so I can certainly kick the can down the road another year or two while building a team out of a surplus of first round picks.

There will always be more quarterbacks!

But if Ryan Poles believes Caleb is his Mahomes, I would not be mad at just rolling the dice on him. Williams looks crazy talented and Fields is a flawed QB.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I really believe Fields can get the job done, and I think he deserves the opportunity to show that he can. The business side of me will understand if Poles goes with Caleb based on hype and financial flexibility.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The Bears need lots of playmakers and acquiring all the Top 50 picks you can is a great help to achieving that goal.

Give Fields another season not because I believe he is a "franchise quarterback", but because he is under contract so I can certainly kick the can down the road another year or two while building a team out of a surplus of first round picks.

But if Ryan Poles believes Caleb is his Mahomes, I would not be mad at just rolling the dice on him. Williams looks crazy talented and Fields is a flawed QB.
Same page modbro

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

My problem with the haul is we don’t know what the haul is. Is it what pace gave up to move up for both trubisky and fields? If so that’s weak. Is it closer to what poles got last year? Man that’s enticing especially if don’t have to move as far down

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There's been a lot of irrational hate pointed at Fields. It's almost like those people don't realize how terrible and unwatchable the Bears would have been without him. I think your take is a fair one. Really, there are good arguments on both sides of this. The people taking extremes on both sides are pretty fucking annoying.
Both sides have been dogging both players with made up shit. They’re both likeable players off the field. They need to keep the discussion based on what they bring to the table as a qb.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think a big part of Fields not seeing open guys is a confidence issue. I believe that changes with a really strong WR group. With a trade down, you're potentially looking at DJ, Allen, MHJ, Kmet and Swift. That would inspire a whole lot of confidence I think.

That's part of it, but I really want everyone to pay attention to the Raiders this year on offense. I guarantee you will find that whoever the quarterback is, will not be throwing over the middle that much.

A lot of you guys still don't realize that it's an offensive philosophy, not a flaw in fields game. He had no problems throwing over the middle in year one under Nagy.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where do you stand? It seems like some people are very extreme with their opinions, where others are being a little more rational. Just wanted to get it logged in a poll.

Please comment where you are if "other".

Results are public.
Why was my exact same thread deleted?

I hope @baba puts a shotgun to his temple

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's part of it, but I really want everyone to pay attention to the Raiders this year on offense. I guarantee you will find that whoever the quarterback is, will not be throwing over the middle that much.

A lot of you guys still don't realize that it's an offensive philosophy, not a flaw in fields game. He had no problems throwing over the middle in year one under Nagy.
Do you ever wonder why you have a compulsion to pretend to be smarter than anyone else in a thread?

Anyway, I am a but underwhelmed by our OL acquisitions and get depressed when faced with this in the forum

IMG_6157.png