Fanbase Polarization Poll

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
you didnt... you cock blocking ya moms?.. cause my plan, was having her swallow. idk what you getting at.

you implied only generational talents come @ 1. i skeeted all over that view ... n now ya wants to deflects
Bud... the players coming out of college deemed "generational" go early. And if it's a QB, they go #1. CW is comparable to Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Joe Burrow, and Trevor Lawrence in terms of their rating and "generational" tag before the draft. So if you want to pass on that, whatever, that's you. Maybe he'll only be as good as Trevor Lawrence.

But your plan is low-IQ garbage. Give Fields another year and pass on that? If Fields continues to be subpar, the entire organization is fired, from Poles on down. And we'll likely never have this kind of opportunity again.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Bud... the players coming out of college deemed "generational" go early. And if it's a QB, they go #1. CW is comparable to Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Joe Burrow, and Trevor Lawrence in terms of their rating and "generational" tag before the draft. So if you want to pass on that, whatever, that's you. Maybe he'll only be as good as Trevor Lawrence.

But your plan is Special person garbage. Give Fields another year and pass on that? If Fields continues to be subpar, the entire organization is fired, from Poles on down. And we'll likely never have this kind of opportunity again.

Youre just a parrot. Out of your generational list only 1 has a ring.

Pass on what? Do a real Break down of CW that you arent parroting and maybe Ill listen.

btw, I broke down mahomes and gave him a ceiling as a hofer.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I lost someone two weeks ago. Thank you as always for being a royal piece of shit.
I'm really sorry to hear that and leaning into the shotgun conversation the other night.

Hey Grim. Maybe not be a dick with IRL shit?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I really believe Fields can get the job done, and I think he deserves the opportunity to show that he can. The business side of me will understand if Poles goes with Caleb based on hype and financial flexibility.
You can win with Fields. Just has to be a la 2006 way. You need a great defense and a running game. Those 2 things will be the focal points. And that’s ok. That’s a way of winning. But there are other ways of winning too. At the end, it comes down to what way Poles thinks gives his team more chances to make plays, which will result into a higher percentage of winning a game.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can win with Fields. Just has to be a la 2006 way. You need a great defense and a running game. Those 2 things will be the focal points. And that’s ok. That’s a way of winning. But there are other ways of winning too. At the end, it comes down to what way Poles thinks gives his team more chances to make plays, which will result into a higher percentage of winning a game.
Mike Ditka, is that you? . . .

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Where do you stand? It seems like some people are very extreme with their opinions, where others are being a little more rational. Just wanted to get it logged in a poll.

Please comment where you are if "other".

Results are public.
So i voted for other but i'm for #1 with two added words.

I prefer CW, but HAVE TO trust Poles to make the right decision.

So i can't trust Poles to make the right decision at QB until i know he can do it.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think Fields is much closer to Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts than he is to a Trent Dilfer or even Grossman. The Bears simply need to give him the same kind of OLine that Goff needs to be successful.

The prudent move would be to draft Caleb AND keep both yet everyone acts as if Caleb would spontaneously combust if he actually has to earn the job instead of inheriting it like royalty.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I think Fields is much closer to Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts than he is to a Trent Dilfer or even Grossman. The Bears simply need to give him the same kind of OLine that Goff needs to be successful.

The prudent move would be to draft Caleb AND keep both yet everyone acts as if Caleb would spontaneously combust if he actually has to earn the job instead of inheriting it like royalty.
I agree. Mentally, as far as processing and pulling the trigger, he is less than those guys. Nobody knows if that can get better. I don’t know. But even if it doesn’t and it stays the same, you can win with him a la 2006 Bears way. You will gain more plays offensively compared to 2006 because of his rushing abilities.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I agree. Mentally, as far as processing and pulling the trigger, he is less than those guys. Nobody knows if that can get better. I don’t know. But even if it doesn’t and it stays the same, you can win with him a la 2006 Bears way. You will gain more plays offensively compared to 2006 because of his rushing abilities.
Exactly. I like that he cut down on the interception rate in 2023 (even though it was inflated by BS in the Cleveland game) if he can stop taking sacks at a record rate he is a solid option.

Football is about matchups and having weapons, his running ability is a weapon that is always a threat to extend drives or make big plays. It's a tough decision for Poles in my opinion but I will be able to rationalize it either way

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Exactly. I like that he cut down on the interception rate in 2023 (even those it was inflated by BS in the Cleveland game) if he can stop taking sacks at a record rate he is a solid option.

Football is about matchups and having weapons, his running ability is a weapon that is always a threat to extend drives or make big plays. It's a tough decision for Poles in my opinion but I will be able to rationalize it either way
Completely agree. But with that said, for the future of the Bears, financially and production wise, I would trade Fields and draft Caleb. I don’t know if he will pan out, just like nobody knew what Fields would be when we drafted him. But when they did draft Fields, they thought he would be a bad ass QB in the NFL. I think that with Caleb as well.

But if Poles keeps Fields, I ain’t tripping. Not what I wanted but it’s all good. I’m still rooting for the Bears franchise and its players!

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Went with the first option but I really don’t care at this point. This fanbase has gotten beyond fucking annoying, I’m just ready for the conversation to change

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a big part of Fields not seeing open guys is a confidence issue. I believe that changes with a really strong WR group. With a trade down, you're potentially looking at DJ, Allen, MHJ, Kmet and Swift. That would inspire a whole lot of confidence I think.
There is such a thing as too many cooks in the kitchen, would not be enough balls to go around in that scenario. Sounds great on paper, in practice at least one of them will go full Diva.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Completely agree. But with that said, for the future of the Bears, financially and production wise, I would trade Fields and draft Caleb. I don’t know if he will pan out, just like nobody knew what Fields would be when we drafted him. But when they did draft Fields, they thought he would be a bad ass QB in the NFL. I think that with Caleb as well.

But if Poles keeps Fields, I ain’t tripping. Not what I wanted but it’s all good. I’m still rooting for the Bears franchise and its players!
Hell yeah! I get the love for Caleb because he does many things better than Fields, it's simply the intangibles and persona that I don't like.

He very well could be unstoppable because of how quickly he can get rid of the ball and he's also a stud athletically when he runs the ball. It's all about the mental makeup questions with him.

Kind of like a boxer that has amazing speed and technique but can he handle relentless pressure??

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went with Prefer JF but trust Poles.

To be honest (and I will put myself on record again) -

What I really want is the haul. I'd really like Justin to stay. I do NOT want CW or Drake Maye, but if the QB ends up being either, I'm not going to throw a shit fit - I will hope Poles knows what he is doing, and throw my support behind the QB and hope they become everything we want in a franchise QB.

So my opinion is a little flexible.
What you have been asked to go on record about is not what you "want" to happen, rather what you "think" will happen.