Fanbase Polarization Poll

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other.

I want it to be Fields or Williams. Not too enthused about the others.

I think Poles is doing a good job improving the team to make it easier for whomever is chosen.

If he goes haul I won't be upset. If he picks a qb, hope it's Williams.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gave you what I gave you, troglodyte.
Which, like all the rest of your posts, is nothing. What gets you into trouble isn't stating what you want, it's parading around like a fool reading tea leaves pretending to know what Poles will do, and trying to bend every move he makes into some kind of twisted reasoning he is doing what you want him to do, yet not outright saying that is what he will do. Then, when confronted to go on record as what exactly you think he will do, you run like a little sissy boy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other.

I want it to be Fields or Williams. Not too enthused about the others.

I think Poles is doing a good job improving the team to make it easier for whomever is chosen.

If he goes haul I won't be upset. If he picks a qb, hope it's Williams.

Based on what Poles has said those really seem to be the only options...

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
He seems to be assembling an offense for a more traditional pocket passer.
100%. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be for Keenan Allen as a timing, precision WR with a QB like Fields? It would be agonizing.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keenen Allen knows how to pick apart the zone defense.....

That is a useful skill regardless of the QB type

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Keenen Allen knows how to pick apart the zone defense.....

That is a useful skill regardless of the QB type
Yeah got him to a championship

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields is a very accurate downfield thrower. - CW is even better

Fields is great with his legs, but has consistency issues within structure.

Fields doesn't seem to have that "killer/clutch" gene that most star QB's have to crush their opponents or consistently lead comebacks.

CW has a quicker release, better mechanics, can play within structure, read defenses better and his "hero ball" skillset is what all of the greats have and display those handful of times when it is absolutely necessary to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat late in a game. (Rodgers with a flair of Mahomes)

This is the Bears' shoot for the moon moment... and they can practically reach out and touch it, it's so close.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A

Fields doesn't seem to have that "killer/clutch" gene that most star QB's have to crush their opponents or consistently lead comebacks.

CW has a quicker release, better mechanics, can play within structure, read defenses better and his "hero ball" skillset is what all of the greats have and display those handful of times when it is absolutely necessary to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat late in a game. (Rodgers with a flair of Mahomes)

This is the Bears' shoot for the moon moment... and they can practically reach out and touch it, it's so close.

um, nah!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

also

you talking structure? CW anyone...

the killer/clutch.. haha.. cant be clutch when yo team fails you.. JF gotz da cobra clutch

this assessment is what happens when someone only watches highlight tapes or parrots others who only watch highlight tapes or parrot others.

Reactions: 1ke

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
also

you talking structure? CW anyone...

the killer/clutch.. haha.. cant be clutch when yo team fails you.. JF gotz da cobra clutch

this assessment is what happens when someone only watches highlight tapes or parrots others who only watch highlight tapes or parrot others.

Nah... I hate highlight tapes. They make guys like Trubisky look good. But since you've admitted that you haven't watched much game film of CW... where are you getting your opinions from??

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Nah... I hate highlight tapes. They make guys like Trubisky look good. But since you've admitted that you haven't watched much game film of CW... where are you getting your opinions from??

from the games ive studied.

I declare me assessments are based on limited tape to a few games.. are those games outliers,... perhaps.. but im not watching anyones entire catalog for shits and giggles.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
from the games ive studied.

I declare me assessments are based on limited tape to a few games.. are those games outliers,... perhaps.. but im not watching anyones entire catalog for shits and giggles.

You don't have to watch them if you don't want to. Just that in doing so, you will be able to make your own sound judgement instead of using anyone else's.

I will admit that I was not a fan of CW back in Nov-Dec. because of his Gen-Z antics.... So I did a deep dive into the football side during the offseason. I came away very impressed.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
You don't have to watch them if you don't want to. Just that in doing so, you will be able to make your own sound judgement instead of using anyone else's.

I will admit that I was not a fan of CW back in Nov-Dec. because of his Gen-Z antics.... So I did a deep dive into the football side during the offseason. I came away very impressed.

im basing my assessment off the games i watched, while also declaring the data to be limited. i can tell your deep dive is just highlighting it and parroting others.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im basing my assessment off the games i watched, while also declaring the data to be limited. i can tell your deep dive is just highlighting it and parroting others.

lol... yeah, cuz that passes the logic test.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

None of this is true. CW can't get rid of the ball in time. He can't read defenses. He can't play under center or run a timed offense. He is a diva the team won't play hard for. He is all about himself.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of this is true. CW can't get rid of the ball in time. He can't read defenses. He can't play under center or run a timed offense. He is a diva the team won't play hard for. He is all about himself.

You've obviously never watched his games (or more than say the 2024 ND and Oregon games) and your posting reputation on the matter has been clear on that.

I can't disagree about the under center part. He's definitely not done that much in college.