Fanbase Polarization Poll

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You've obviously never watched his games (or more than say the 2024 ND and Oregon games) and your posting reputation on the matter has been clear on that.

I can't disagree about the under center part. He's definitely not done that much in college.
I have looked a lot deeper at this point. I don't like him as a QB. I'm a Bears fan not a players fan so I'll have to live with whatever they do. I expect a good team either way. There are just to many red flags for me.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have looked a lot deeper at this point. I don't like him as a QB. I'm a Bears fan not a players fan so I'll have to live with whatever they do. I expect a good team either way. There are just to many red flags for me.

That's fair. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Hopefully he proves the doubters wrong.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I chose roll with JF but if they don't, I'll respect the move. I just hope they're doing it to win now. And hope Caleb comes in and has the mentality, work ethic, and ability to assimilate quickly into this offense to WIN next year. Because this team and these coaches absolutely need to.

I think it'll also be interesting to see how fast he can possibly transition from Air Raid to the Shanny System, with the terminology and timing involved, etc.

At this point with all talk in either direction and (social) media baiting, I've kinda gotten used to all the bullshit so I'm in patience mode and totally cool with Poles taking his time to get it right. Due your due diligence on CW, let these teams put possible trade proposals together if they want him more.... just do your best to get the right fit in here to win now no matter which QB it ends up being.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
That's fair. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Hopefully he proves the doubters wrong.
What? Can you at least call me a bad name. Your freaking me out man. lol You may get banned for being reasonable.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I personally would take da HAUL.

The Bears need lots of playmakers and acquiring all the Top 50 picks you can is a great help to achieving that goal.

Give Fields another season not because I believe he is a "franchise quarterback", but because he is under contract so I can certainly kick the can down the road another year or two while building a team out of a surplus of first round picks.

There will always be more quarterbacks!

But if Ryan Poles believes Caleb is his Mahomes, I would not be mad at just rolling the dice on him. Williams looks crazy talented and Fields is a flawed QB.
Problem is.....nobody knew Mahomes was Mahomes, except maybe Mahomes. Most draft "experts" had him pegged as #2 to #6 best QB entering the draft. Some had him slated right behind Nathan Peterman

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I would prefer they keep JF1 and continue building this roster. IF JF1 cant get it done within next two year, draft a QB and bring him into a ready to win roster. At the end of last season, fans at SF were chanting Justins name. I dont ever recall that a a Bears fan, typically the boo birds were there instead. If Big Pole Poles decides to draft CW instead, Ill be excited for that too and hope the young man can lead this franchise to the top

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
While BAERS fans polarize themselves into a FRENZY, cheer yourselve up with some JAPANESE STEPH CURRY highlights from yesterday!

I hope Caleb can pass like this!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
In real life, it seems to be 75% - 25% pro Justin Fields. The Caleb Williams people are just louder and more hostile, which probably keeps some of the Justin Fields people from participating in internet discussions and voting.
No it's the other way around. The people that are vocal on twitter and social media are very pro Justin Fields. Everyone I know wants to draft Caleb Williams. And a lot of them like Justin Fields. Just not as much as the potential of Williams.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Went with keep Feilds, trust Poles because it seems like the quickest way to playoffs. But at this point I don't really know. I would have liked to see Caleb, Drake and Daniel's throw at combine. Last year when I watched Stroud throw and saw how the ball came out, it really backed up my opinion of him. I see more Bryce Young in Caleb than a CJ Stroud.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
I could care less what a bunch of non-Bears fans that don’t live/breathe Chicago Bears football say.
Wtf? These are people/experts/pundits that aren't biased. You're talking about fans vs people who analyze football for a living.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
No it's the other way around. The people that are vocal on twitter and social media are very pro Justin Fields.
I couldn't disagree more. But it could be a case of all of us seeing what we want to see at this point. Or an algo thing.

It's been a social experiment of epic proportions, that's for sure.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Went with keep Feilds, trust Poles because it seems like the quickest way to playoffs. But at this point I don't really know. I would have liked to see Caleb, Drake and Daniel's throw at combine. Last year when I watched Stroud throw and saw how the ball came out, it really backed up my opinion of him. I see more Bryce Young in Caleb than a CJ Stroud.
Well said.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
We'll get to see CW throw in a few days at his pro day. If there's no info by Wednesday, you can bet the setting will be crystal clear within a week.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I could care less what a bunch of non-Bears fans that don’t live/breathe Chicago Bears football say.
What's worst is that a lot of these folks giving opinions don't actually want to see the Bears do well. And THOSE are the people being parroted.

Or they actually just don't give a damn because they have no skin in the game.
It's like someone telling you who you should be in a relationship with. It may sound nice, but it's easy for them to say since they don't have to actually live with that person.

And of course if it doesn't work out, it's not their life being impacted.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I voted other. I think there are pros and cons to both sides here. I don’t think there is a wrong or bad decision. I will be content either way. Whoever starts at QB has to prove themselves. At least Poles stepped up and brought in another legit Wr. I just hope whoever starts at QB can finally be the guy.