• Total voters

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
CW has a quicker release, better mechanics, can play within structure, read defenses better and his "hero ball" skillset is what all of the greats have and display those handful of times when it is absolutely necessary to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat late in a game. (Rodgers with a flair of Mahomes)

Respectfully Hebs....

This cannot be serious.

Can play within structure better? No way. One of his biggest flaws is that he chooses to play out of structure too often when not needed.

The read defenses comment as well is nuts. Anyone who's actually watched, has seen him throw a ton of screens or do one read and run. Lincoln Riley's offense is trash from a progression standpoint as well. How anyone can say this is absurd.

Also take issue with the hero ball comment. Hero ball in college is much different than what it will be on Sundays. Justin actually had to play hero ball, and has to use every ounce of his life to rush for a 1000 yards.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I prefer CW and think it would be so silly to not draft him.

but it’s also just football so it’s not that important to me lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer CW and think it would be so silly to not draft him.

but it’s also just football so it’s not that important to me lol
This is where I am.

I prefer JF and a trade down, but at the end of the day no matter who they run under center we will be cheering for or complaining about....its just what fans do...

Plus we have zeor control over how the Bears are managed so I can't imaging anyone losing their shit over the team...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Very interesting to see the results of this poll now that a bunch have chimed in. Divided as expected….although I think the two who voted for “flip out regardless” might be the only two self aware posters here. Whenever a decision is made I expect chaos.

Canth

Liked Posts:
In real life, it seems to be 75% - 25% pro Justin Fields. The Caleb Williams people are just louder and more hostile, which probably keeps some of the Justin Fields people from participating in internet discussions and voting.

Don't mistake not wanting to trash on the guy as the same as saying they do not support taking a new QB at #1 overall.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Started with wanting to retain Fields, but I had reservations already.

When Fields is on, he is on. He makes some beautiful passes and plays with his legs..really extraordinary stuff. However, I am tired of yelling at the tv to release the ball, throw to wide-open receivers, and his 4th quarter play has been pretty hard to watch over the past three years. I don't know if he can overcome all of that. If we keep him with lots more weapons and better protection, I still think that he has incremental improvement, but will we be in contention every year? It would be the cardiac Bears week after week,

At this point, I would prefer to start over. I want Poles and Flus and the Bears to get this one right Change the direction of the franchise. Retire the past and do something better. We had an opportunity just 6 years ago, but it was blown due to poor scouting, ego, and Bearsy reasons. We have another now and I think they should take it.

I will be cool with one of these two options Fields or Williams. I am fucking NOT cool with anyone else and will create an AI that rips all dicks simultaneously (Don't doubt me I am finishing my doctorate in AI/ML).

Anyhoo,

Kid is preparing. From all reports, he just wants to work on this craft and be the best. I look forward to him completing lots of passes to our weapons and putting us in a position to be consistently competitive for the first time in a long time.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone trust poles? That’s really the only takeaway I had from this poll

It's not so much as I trust Poles as I am not going to freak out if he decides to stick with Fields. I will just hope like hell it was the right decision.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Don't mistake not wanting to trash on the guy as the same as saying they do not support taking a new QB at #1 overall.
What do you mean?

I based that percentage from regular real-life Bears fans that I’ve encountered the past few months.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
He seems intelligent and honest
Why does everyone trust poles? That’s really the only takeaway I had from this poll
He seems intelligent and honest, and has put together a solid roster after coming into a horrible situation.

I trust him; I don't trust ownership and Warren. I firmly believe if they stick with Fields and avoid one of the QBs coming out, it's due to the people above Poles forcing/persuading him into this decision. But I also believe/hope Poles isn't a "yes" man.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I picked CW but trust poles will do the right thing. The only thing I’m assured of is Fields is clearly not the answer. I wouldn’t mind him sticking around a year to mentor a young QB though. I wouldn’t mind the idea of trading back and picking up a QB either.

Canth

Liked Posts:
What do you mean?

I based that percentage from regular real-life Bears fans that I’ve encountered the past few months.

Ok, well, I'm not going to try and guess what real conversation you had with other Bears fans. I will just say, respectfully, that I doubt it was a controlled survey with non-biased questions to be able to draw a result for all of Bear fandom.

What I was really trying to get at though, is that I think the majority of Bears fans probably like Justin as a person, love his highlights, and don't really want to just trash the guy because he genuinely seems like a good person. I am also sure the majority are tired of losing and would welcome a change if they think it will finally really get a true franchise QB for the next decade+.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I trust him; I don't trust ownership and Warren. I firmly believe if they stick with Fields and avoid one of the QBs coming out, it's due to the people above Poles forcing/persuading him into this decision. But I also believe/hope Poles isn't a "yes" man.
This is a really good point. Nobody here is ever gonna really know how the ultimate decisions are made, especially a HUGE one like this. Ownership of Warren or whomever in charge can definitely be issuing orders about who they ultimately want to represent as the face of tier franchise. It’s kind of a big deal. For such a big decision like this, Poles could be neutered and we as fans would likely never know. Or at least not until man years later.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Ok, well, I'm not going to try and guess what real conversation you had with other Bears fans. I will just say, respectfully, that I doubt it was a controlled survey with non-biased questions to be able to draw a result for all of Bear fandom.

What I was really trying to get at though, is that I think the majority of Bears fans probably like Justin as a person, love his highlights, and don't really want to just trash the guy because he genuinely seems like a good person. I am also sure the majority are tired of losing and would welcome a change if they think it will finally really get a true franchise QB for the next decade+.
Definitely not a controlled survey, and I wasn’t asking anyone questions. Just simply talking Chicago Bear football with other Bears fans. We will just agree to disagree.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
This is a really good point. Nobody here is ever gonna really know how the ultimate decisions are made, especially a HUGE one like this. Ownership of Warren or whomever in charge can definitely be issuing orders about who they ultimately want to represent as the face of tier franchise. It’s kind of a big deal. For such a big decision like this, Poles could be neutered and we as fans would likely never know. Or at least not until man years later.
Yep. From their perspective, why change? Fields is liked by fans even with poor play and a terrible record. He's marketable, a pretty cool dude, with exciting plays weekly.

Ownership doesn't seem to give two shits about winning and since fan support is always high the revenue keeps on coming. They don't need to take any risks, but on the same coin, CW could hypothetically become a Chicago superstsr a la Jordan, Payton, etc.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem is.....nobody knew Mahomes was Mahomes, except maybe Mahomes. Most draft "experts" had him pegged as #2 to #6 best QB entering the draft. Some had him slated right behind Nathan Peterman

The team that traded up 17 spots to grab him sure as heck knew something....which was my point. If Poles is as confident in CW as the Chiefs were about Mahomes...you draft him and don't look back.

If not, you trade out the pick because more picks gives you more chances in the total crapshoot that is the NFL draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he has made some solid choices and moves, and whether any fan trusts him or not won't affect anything...

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
unless he is a man who values his integrity over his high-paying, one of 32 jobs in the world, position........lol, nvmd.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yep. From their perspective, why change? Fields is liked by fans even with poor play and a terrible record. He's marketable, a pretty cool dude, with exciting plays weekly.

Ownership doesn't seem to give two shits about winning and since fan support is always high the revenue keeps on coming. They don't need to take any risks, but on the same coin, CW could hypothetically become a Chicago superstsr a la Jordan, Payton, etc.
The way I more see it is that Bears ownership more than most is concerned about tradition and their image of looking like a respectable organization. They are old school like that. They aren’t as results and money driven as the Jerry Jones of the industry.