Fields and the Bears offense - a non-emo, non-hormonal look after a loss to GB.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields brain is moving slow right now. His legs look slow. His arm looks average. This is all rookie expectations. This year is about experience. That’s it!
I can agree 100% except his arm. When he has decided to throw it has been there with accuracy. Everything else, yes, he's slow to decide and react.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I'll keep this brief (for me).

Fields does need to work on getting rid of the ball quicker. But in watching Rodgers on the other side, I realized something as well:

This offense, be it called by Nagy or Lazor, does Fields NO favors and needs to go.

Here's what made me think this.

Several times, Rodgers was under siege by our defensive line, but was able to get the ball away quickly. However, the reason he was able to do so is because they had Lazard running very SHALLOW routes just behind the pressure to act as a safety valve in the event the play blows up, and Rodgers would see it, diagnose the play was a bust immediately, and then let it rip underneath. We aren't talking big shots down-field. We are talking about on 1st or 2nd down, route run in front of (not behind) the first down marker, meant to get some positive yards out of a potential busted play.

I started watching what the Bears run, and have been these past few games, and I've been wondering - where the FUCK are the routes for the Bears underneath? Seriously - they barely run them. Not all teams use a WR to run them - in fact, most NFL teams use a Tight end to chip at the line, release, and then run that "emergency" route. It's why they say a tight end is a quarterback's best friend.

The Bears offense apparently DOESN'T FUCKING HAVE THIS. Not the tight ends, not the wide receivers.

You have a rookie QB who needs to learn to get rid of the ball quicker. Who the fuck is he supposed to get rid of it quicker to? THERE'S NO ONE THERE UNDERNEATH.

Seriously - that's hanging your QB out to dry. Fuck Nagy, and Fuck Lazor. Both can go. I thought this offense was just vanilla. But on further inspection - its totally broken, no matter who is calling it. And that's even taking into account the things Fields needs to work on. Can't work on quick throws underneath when there's no one underneath....

The FOX crew did a good job of breaking down the play that led to 4th and 26: All of the Bears receivers ran deep routes, not a single safety valve for Fields to check down to should he need it. And he did.

Whomever is calling the plays, that was not smart.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
"Everything runs thru me" - Matt Nagy

....he helps put together and signs off on this whole thing. Whether he's calling the plays on a particular down or not.

I love how the emo Nagy apologists ignore what Nagy himself says.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love how the emo Nagy apologists ignore what Nagy himself says.

As bad as it is here, it can always be worse. ChiBears Reddit is AWFUL. Go on there and make a post about how Nagy should be fired. It gets brigaded within 2 minutes, and the mods remove the post entirely in 30 minutes or less. They act as another arm of Halas Hall PR. Its pretty gross....

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
That’s a great idea, but, who’s picking the new coach? I’m not optimistic….

That's my one big question mark. What kind of old fossil, CFL, Arena never will be HC will we get next? We'll wait too long to jump on the obvious, won't be willing to pay for the obvious.

Yeah I agree I just wonder how much of the problems we have with the oline and wide receivers are also Problems stemming from the play designer

I've thought the same thing. Some of the oline problems are a lack of basic training. The WR problems going back forever are basic training.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's my one big question mark. What kind of old fossil, CFL, Arena never will be HC will we get next? We'll wait too long to jump on the obvious, won't be willing to pay for the obvious.
You guys make it seem like any good HC is going to want to get Jon Gruden money. Do you think it was money that kept the Bears from signing Bruce Arians?