Fields numbers needed to

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Early sure, but what kind of season must Fields have to sign him long term over starting over with rookie, cheaper, younger. Poles gets to pick himself. What kind of season makes all these questions go away. I'm a Fields fan and believer but this question will come up all season and then after to draft day. Will be the talk of Bears football around the league. OK? What keeps him here longterm???

Reactions: DC

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Early sure, but what kind of season must Fields have to sign him long term over starting over with rookie, cheaper, younger. Poles gets to pick himself. What kind of season makes all these questions go away. I'm a Fields fan and believer but this question will come up all season and then after to draft day. Will be the talk of Bears football around the league. OK? What keeps him here longterm???
No matter how he plays, he's certain to get a better contract than @PackerNation's boi Jordan Love.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I think if he can improve his passing to be at least average then there is a chance we see year 4 of him.. otherwise I expect for us to move up and draft his replacement. Poles didnt draft him so expect a shorter leash

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Its tough to put a single number up because of how much production FIelds gets out of his legs.

Like if he rushes for 1200 yards again and throws for 3500 yards with a 100+ passer rating then thats a fantastic season (ignoring w/l because this is a limited hypothetical). If he rushes for 200 yards and throws for 3500 with an 85 passer rating then thats more or less what Mitch was doing and the Bears happily moved on. Assuming no injuries though Fields will probably need about 4k+ combined yards.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Jordan Love's extension was in place of his rookie contract option. You think the Bears pickup Fields option?
No doubt. One of the most exciting players in the league, face of the team and generates buzz with the fans and helps for Arlington support.

Bust

Liked Posts:

You are the thread winner! Congrats!@! in a few of those 10 wins it will require Justin to lead the offense to a game winning last minute drive. Bears had a few of those chances last season but failed each time to close it out.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see:

3000+ passing yards
20+ tds
<50% ints (so 10 here)
800 yards rushing
6 rushing tds
Record of around 9-8

So more passing, less rushing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are the thread winner! Congrats!@! in a few of those 10 wins it will require Justin to lead the offense to a game winning last minute drive. Bears had a few of those chances last season but failed each time to close it out.
The point was that how he does it doesn't matter and the team will not be rolling over this year. Stay home more but be enough of a threat to enable the running game and make big plays. i don't want him being a one man show and to take the easy stuff which opens up the deep stuff and run game even more. This team should be clicking reasonably well on both sides by the trade deadline.

sweetpercyz

Liked Posts:
3 things make qbs look bad, 1) they are 2) poor line/pressure 3) poor talent in the receiving core. We don't know yet about #1, but we do know #'s 2 & 3 were true. If we compare Fields in Year 2 to Jalen Hurts in Year 2, we see similar numbers albeit Hurts numbers were a bit better, but look at the attempts / sack.... Who believes Hurts numbers would have been better in Year 2 if that attempts / sack number was reversed? Just for shits and giggles, I also threw in Peyton Manning in Year 4.......... (note the info below should be att/sack and att / td and not the way listed)
1683145917723.png

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol you lying bitch

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point was that how he does it doesn't matter and the team will not be rolling over this year. Stay home more but be enough of a threat to enable the running game and make big plays. i don't want him being a one man show and to take the easy stuff which opens up the deep stuff and run game even more. This team should be clicking reasonably well on both sides by the trade deadline.
so they're not tanking, I suspect that narrative to change around 3 weeks into the season

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
25+td passes 3,500+ yards <15 int 6 wins. That should be the baseline if the Bears are serious about him as a franchise QB. If he doesnt hit all 3 of those as a passer then it may be time to start considering other options.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think if he can improve his passing to be at least average then there is a chance we see year 4 of him.. otherwise I expect for us to move up and draft his replacement. Poles didnt draft him so expect a shorter leash

Well Poles has indicated he's all in on JF.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well Poles has indicated he's all in on JF.
well of course, the fact he didnt draft a QB kind of points that out for now.. key point is for now.
Poles has spent a lot of recourses to help him out, so now its up toe JF to prove he is the guy. This is a make or break year for him