Fields numbers needed to

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Passer rating in the low 90s or better would be a good start.

I'm not going to try to predict volume stats. While they won't be running a reconstruction era offense again they won't be calling it like they have Mahomes either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Except fields not being a good passer is a deviation from the norm.

Fields has been an elite passer since Senior year of HS, and was one of the top passers in college as well. I think if you see him get back to the decision making and consistency of college then they will throw the bag at him. The accuracy isnt a concern unlike other bears qb's.

Also, the Eagles did not have the luxury of a fifth year option with Hurts, he was a second rounder. Had to pay him or risk a holdout.

Goff was never good thus far. The last 1/2 of the year is the only time he's flashed and been consistent. He could turn it around, but that was a diff situation. He was ass in a great scheme w/ talent around him.
What QB that was ever drafted wasn't a good passer while in college? Yes i know there's some like A.Richardson but you know what i mean. 98% of the QB's were good/great passers in college but things change for many once they get to the next level. As we all know i can post a huge list of QB's that were great college QB's that lost their way once they got to the NFL.

Lets hope Fields doesn't ever make that long list.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
(y)
I like to see the whole team step it up. What are your thoughts on the coaches, in particular Getsy..... what are u expecting from him in his 2nd yr as OC???
Better than Nagy for sure. But honestly, the cloud hanging over this team IMO is having a defensive head coach. OC's will come and go, potentially leaving Fields to learn some hotshot's new "system" everytime he helps get them promoted to a HC. It's not a good situation. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. I'm just happy we have a QB1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He wasn't the main reason we were losing games, which is something bears fans haven't been able to say about the QB position in nearly 40 years.

At worst he's an average QB, which I'd take over the fucking shit we've had to sit through.
If he's average then i'm doing everything i can to trade up in next years draft to get C.Williams or D.May. Maybe we won't have to trade up if Fields is average next year.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't get this "make or break year" narrative. JF just finished his first full year in another new offense under a rookie
OC. Now in 2023, it's gonna be a "make or break year" for JF. This team is still in a rebuild......but it's all on JF.
While coaches and others get a pass. C'mon.
Do you understand how quarterback contracts work?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Better than Nagy for sure. But honestly, the cloud hanging over this team IMO is having a defensive head coach. OC's will come and go, potentially leaving Fields to learn some hotshot's new "system" everytime he helps get them promoted to a HC. It's not a good situation. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. I'm just happy we have a QB1.
What are u expecting from Getsy in his 2nd yr as OC???

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No problem, He is number 1

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are u expecting from Getsy in his 2nd yr as OC???
Wins. Same as Fields. In regards to playcalling...keep him moving and let him go deep. No willy wonka bs on 3rd down.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think if he can improve his passing to be at least average then there is a chance we see year 4 of him.. otherwise I expect for us to move up and draft his replacement. Poles didnt draft him so expect a shorter leash
This is right. You will get crap for telling the truth.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they didn't tank last year? It was all a lie?
they tanked the last few games when they sat Fields to heal his injuries, the whole season lost on purpose shit was an excuse or a lie whichever you choose to call it

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
they tanked the last few games when they sat Fields to heal his injuries, the whole season lost on purpose shit was an excuse or a lie whichever you choose to call it
They clearly started fully tanking by week 8. IMO

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They clearly started fully tanking by week 8. IMO
Trading Roquan, Quinn and Mack was part of it. It started sooner. Full tank for the #1 is difficult to control and started much later but not finishing well was part of the program for day 1. Claypool trade came about only because Poles saw there was not going to be a WR of his size and quality projected to round 2. Closest guy was Mingo but his ceiling is lower and hasn't done anything in the NFL yet. In the same draft Mingo very likely goes after Claypool who had a higher grade on draft day and if traded now, nobody takes Mingo over Claypool.