Fields numbers needed to

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The point was that how he does it doesn't matter and the team will not be rolling over this year. Stay home more but be enough of a threat to enable the running game and make big plays. i don't want him being a one man show and to take the easy stuff which opens up the deep stuff and run game even more. This team should be clicking reasonably well on both sides by the trade deadline.
That's the right answer, good stats but more importantly the right direction, make the small things automatic, good decisions and mix in some excitement. My guess is 3200 yds passing, 22+ TD tosses, 9 or less Int's, 700 yrs rushing with 7 TD's on the ground and 92 - 95 passer rating

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Except fields not being a good passer is a deviation from the norm.

Fields has been an elite passer since Senior year of HS, and was one of the top passers in college as well. I think if you see him get back to the decision making and consistency of college then they will throw the bag at him. The accuracy isnt a concern unlike other bears qb's.

Also, the Eagles did not have the luxury of a fifth year option with Hurts, he was a second rounder. Had to pay him or risk a holdout.

Goff was never good thus far. The last 1/2 of the year is the only time he's flashed and been consistent. He could turn it around, but that was a diff situation. He was ass in a great scheme w/ talent around him.
good points on JF and Hurts

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What QB that was ever drafted wasn't a good passer while in college? Yes i know there's some like A.Richardson but you know what i mean. 98% of the QB's were good/great passers in college but things change for many once they get to the next level. As we all know i can post a huge list of QB's that were great college QB's that lost their way once they got to the NFL.

Lets hope Fields doesn't ever make that long list.
But I think many/most of those failures didn't work their ass off, 24/7 and have extreme athleticism like JF.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sorry should have taken into account that you're ignorant and stupid.

aka you still dont have a link to show that Fields is one of the worst when having time and open receivers.

Oh and i remember those 3 plays too. Keep up the great work!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Here’s Fields the last time he was healthy, with solid protection, and had a real supporting cast. Amazing what clean pockets can help achieve…

Great tape, there are a few others in big games as well. His confidence, instincts and athleticism are off the charts, those doubting his passing ability need to watch a few of these big games, he's a stud and I'm all in on him, going to be a star.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Welp 30 minutes have gone by and the F5er hasn't provided a link. I imagine a lot of data was spent furiously googling with nothing to show for it but throttled internet and armpit sweat.

Very common @Anytime23 W

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is why I don't believe Fields passing issues in the NFL are fixable. As fast as he is running he is the complete opposite passing. Everything about his passing game is slooooow. It doesn't matter how much the bears improve on oline and receiver hes never going to have the time and pocket he had in college. Thats just not how the NFL works. Hes a slow processor and has a slow release.
“Slow processor” That’s some lazy BS. When he has any kind of stable pocket, he gets through his progressions. The problem is he’s had incredibly leaky protection directly up the middle.

I believe he had one of the highest scores recorded on the S2 cognition test. His numbers were similar to Burrow.

What does the S2 test evaluate? Any guesses?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
aka you still dont have a link to show that Fields is one of the worst when having time and open receivers.

Oh and i remember those 3 plays too. Keep up the great work!
aka even after being shown how grades are done and that separation and WR error are taken into account, your lame dumbass still can't comprehend it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
aka even after being shown how grades are done and that separation and WR error are taken into account, your lame dumbass still can't comprehend it.
Again, give me the individual stats that are put into that grade. I know back in old sparta no one asked you to back up false claims but its the internet in 2023 and these things should easily be attainable.

Justin Fields QBR ranked 17th in the NFL last season because it took rushing into account. That doesn't mean Justin Fields is a middle of the pack rusher at the QB position, he's actually #1. Individual stats are different than grades.

Less time wrestling with naked men. More time understanding how stats and grades work.

Link?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, give me the individual stats that are put into that grade. I know back in old sparta no one asked you to back up false claims but its the internet in 2023 and these things should easily be attainable.

Justin Fields QBR ranked 17th in the NFL last season because it took rushing into account. That doesn't mean Justin Fields is a middle of the pack rusher at the QB position, he's actually #1. Individual stats are different than grades.

Less time wrestling with naked men. More time understanding how stats and grades work.

Link?
We were clearly discussing passing. U R STOOPID

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Because he was one of the worst passing QBs in the league last year, in fact I believe someone else pointed to a stat when he has had a WR open and the OL gave him time he was the worst QB.. so now that the bears have invested a lot of resources into him, it's make or break for him. If he can improve as a passer then great.. if not he will be replaced.

Poles didn't draft him, we have the extra draft picks next year to move up to grab a QB.. its up to Fields to show Poles he is the guy.

You can't be a terrible passer for 3 years in a row and expect a GM that didn't draft you to give you a 4th shot..
That's just unrealistic

What Poles did is invest in the Qb position. Which is a good idea for JF or whoever steps behind center.
If you can find anything that suggests Poles and the coaching staff believes JF might not be answer moving
forward.....please share it

Nelly

Liked Posts:
one thing that is real noticeable after watching Caleb Williams compared to Justin.

Fields throwing windup is slow motion like a mofo compared to Caleb.

Difference is night and day. WOW!
Fields' motion looks completely different now.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m disappointed in my bro @Anytime23 for discussing anything outside @Spartan realm of thought. He is only capable of the following

Talking about what’s cringey
Talking about who’s a snowflake
Talking about who’s a snowflake full of cringe
Saying horrible players have his made up “warrior spirit “
Backtracking on said horrible player
The movie “300”

He doesn’t know how to provide things like facts

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
What Poles did is invest in the Qb position. Which is a good idea for JF or whoever steps behind center.
If you can find anything that suggests Poles and the coaching staff believes JF might not be answer moving
forward.....please share it
The coaching staff and the GM are not going to throw any active player under the bus like that. They see JFs potential so are giving him the best chance to succeed, but if he doesn't.. then he will get replaced like every other player that doesn't work out.

Its up to JF to show everyone that he is the franchise QB for the Bears and part of that is actually being a competent passer. This is his year to take a big step forward, most QBs do that in year 3.. Can he do it? Hopefully, but I'm pretty doubtful, we have been down this road way to many times

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
H needs over 3400 yards passing and over 30 total touchdowns. In todays nfl I don’t think this is asking too much