Fields numbers needed to

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Not specifically directed at you, but if anyone here thinks 30 total tds in a 17 game season is a goal for a modern QB in 2023...shit, you have super low expectations.

That's less than 2 tds a game. That is garbage. I just want to see low turnovers both in passing and fumbling. I think if Fields cleans that up, we're looking at a lot of wins. May not be pretty all the time, but he must help improve the Bears turnover margin.

Uhm, I mean 7 QBs had more.than 30 total tds last year, so I'm not sure I would categorize that as garbage.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhm, I mean 7 QBs had more.than 30 total tds last year, so I'm not sure I would categorize that as garbage.
Different strokes for different folks. If my teams favorite QB could muster at least 2 TDs/game in 2023, he doesn't deserve a 2nd contract, let alone 40 milly/year.

But maybe I'm different.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Different strokes for different folks. If my teams favorite QB could muster at least 2 TDs/game in 2023, he doesn't deserve a 2nd contract, let alone 40 milly/year.

But maybe I'm different.

All I'm saying is 30 tds is definitely not trash. Ultimately that's irrelevant though, I'm far more interested in th offense consistently moving the ball as a whole. I don't really care if Fields only scores 10 tds if the running backs score 30 because the team is consistently in the red zone. I want the Bears offense in the top 15.

I couldn't care less about Fields stats. I want to see improvements in the areas he needs to improve, specifically getting the balk out quicker and being more consistent in the quick passing game.

Reactions: DC

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yes...... what ever talent one has or lack thereof the play book should be designed around the
players.

Well if u click link.....#104 the OP said no to Getsy's play calling. So what do u think Getsy needs to do to achieve 3400 yards passing and over 30 total touchdowns?
All he needs if Fields to take a step forward with the improved talent around him for 34/30. Getsy may or may not be any good. That we will see this year. No excuses for anybody. Getsy included.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I see u avoided this part>>>>".......being a competent passer" you say.

And this part.......
??"Well for that to happen ya need competent Qb development, play design,
play calling, wr's and .....drum roll .......a competent pass pro OL. Honestly, has JF had all this??"
Here is the problem with trying to blame everything on his supporting cast, how has JF done when his supporting cast has done there jobs? He has done pretty bad.

Honestly it's irrelevant arguing about it at this point, Poles has upgraded his OL, has majorly upgraded his WR. It's now up to Fields to upgrade his play.

If he can then that's great, if he can't then he will get replaced, it is what it is..

"Here is the problem with trying to blame everything on his supporting cast," you say
So right there....the use of the word "blame". That's kinda projecting a preconceived narrative. As for the supporting cast doing their job. sure JF has performed . He put this team on his back multiple times last season. Only to have the D surrender points. True or False? At various times over a 7 games, JF was responsible for 3-4 Td's/game.

What's interesting is I was recently talking to a person u and I know well. The discussion was about Jim McMahan and his accomplishments i.e. stats, SB win. LOL and I was told those were team accomplishments.
Ok....so now when I bring up team, you're focus happens to be all JF. Poles brought in a rookie OT and a run blocker in Davis. Wright is gonna need time to gel and acclimate to the NFL.

"If he can then that's great, if he can't then he will get replaced," you say
well of course...every position should be on a performance basis

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes...... what ever talent one has or lack thereof the play book should be designed around the
players.

Well if u click link.....#104 the OP said no to Getsy's play calling. So what do u think Getsy needs to do to achieve 3400 yards passing and over 30 total touchdowns?

All he needs if Fields to take a step forward with the improved talent around him for 34/30. Getsy may or may not be any good. That we will see this year. No excuses for anybody. Getsy included.

When u say "Getsy included.".....I hope u mean Getsy has "to take a step forward". It just seems when Getsy's name comes
up, few have any thoughts on what he needs to do, too improve in his 2nd yr.
LOL.....however ppl can write a book on what JF needs to do. Yes everyone has to be held accountable.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
When u say "Getsy included.".....I hope u mean Getsy has "to take a step forward". It just seems when Getsy's name comes
LOL.....however ppl can write a book on what JF needs to do. Yes everyone has to be held accountable.
Both have what they need to be judged fairly at years end and will be. I'm not sure what or if Getsy needs to improve. Was it him or the talent calling plays last year. Was there a Tank agenda holding him back? These questions and more will be answered soon.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

But maybe I'm different.
All I'm saying is 30 tds is definitely not trash. Ultimately that's irrelevant though, I'm far more interested in th offense consistently moving the ball as a whole. I don't really care if Fields only scores 10 tds if the running backs score 30 because the team is consistently in the red zone. I want the Bears offense in the top 15.

I couldn't care less about Fields stats. I want to see improvements in the areas he needs to improve, specifically getting the balk out quicker and being more consistent in the quick passing game.

Also keep in mind......the D can't be giving up 30 Td's over a 17 game season. Unfortunately they were last in D last season
that's clearly gotta change this season,

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

And this part.......
play calling, wr's and .....drum roll .......a competent pass pro OL. Honestly, has JF had all this??"
Play design matter if your QB can make the proper read and the proper throw which Fields struggles to do.

The Bears are structuring things for a plug and play QB. Things will be built up where there will be experience with the OL starting together and the top WRs being established. The offense isn't being built for Justin Fields to succeed in it. It's being built for the next QB.

This offense won't be ready to succeed to it's maximum ability this year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Both have what they need to be judged fairly at years end and will be. I'm not sure what or if Getsy needs to improve. Was it him or the talent calling plays last year. Was there a Tank agenda holding him back? These questions and more will be answered soon.

Well I've said it before....I was and still against purposely tanking/losing games. I do expect more from Getsy in terms of
playcalling and play design. I wasn't convinced he did enuff to design around what we had, especially the weak, pass pro OL

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

And this part.......

Play design matter if your QB can make the proper read and the proper throw which Fields struggles to do.

The Bears are structuring things for a plug and play QB. Things will be built up where there will be experience with the OL starting together and the top WRs being established. The offense isn't being built for Justin Fields to succeed in it. It's being built for the next QB.

This offense won't be ready to succeed to it's maximum ability this year.

What did JF ever do to u?
So is Drake Maye your choice for "plug and play QB." ? LOL there's no such thing as plug and play especially for a rookie. You design around the Qb and other offensive players. You sit, watch film and develop the Qb.

"I don't care what Justin Fields did to keep us in games."
-DanielCCSBears
"The offense isn't being built for Justin Fields to succeed in it. It's being built for the next QB."
-DanielCCSBears

:brady:

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
"Here is the problem with trying to blame everything on his supporting cast," you say
So right there....the use of the word "blame". That's kinda projecting a preconceived narrative. As for the supporting cast doing their job. sure JF has performed . He put this team on his back multiple times last season. Only to have the D surrender points. True or False? At various times over a 7 games, JF was responsible for 3-4 Td's/game.

What's interesting is I was recently talking to a person u and I know well. The discussion was about Jim McMahan and his accomplishments i.e. stats, SB win. LOL and I was told those were team accomplishments.
Ok....so now when I bring up team, you're focus happens to be all JF. Poles brought in a rookie OT and a run blocker in Davis. Wright is gonna need time to gel and acclimate to the NFL.

yes you are trying to blame all of JF short cummings on everyone else.

Yes the D was not good, but I'm not judging JF on W/L im judging JF on the fact that the JF was ranked..

27th in yards
31st in comp%
25th in rating
33rd in yards per game

Bears had the Best Rushing offense, but ranked 32 for passing offense. was ranked 32 in scoring.

Its garbage and JF does not get a free pass. He has statistically made every singe one of his WR worse when they play with him.

It is what it is. JF has this year to show he can be a real NFL passer.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Yes the D was not good, but I'm not judging JF on W/L im judging JF on the fact that the JF was ranked..

27th in yards
31st in comp%
25th in rating
33rd in yards per game

Bears had the Best Rushing offense, but ranked 32 for passing offense. was ranked 32 in scoring.

Its garbage and JF does not get a free pass. He has statistically made every singe one of his WR worse when they play with him.

When did I blame anyone? Are u sure you aren't "blaming" JF vs viewing things as a team and OC?

"JF has this year to show he can be a real NFL passer." you say
So it's ALL on JF.....no matter what the OC and the other offensive players do.....is that correct?

"Yes the D was not good, but I'm not judging JF on W/L im judging JF on the fact that the JF was ranked.."

27th in yards
31st in comp%
25th in rating
33rd in yards per game

You did not list the contributing factors to all this. Wait....don't tell me, it's all on JF LOL

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What did JF ever do to u?
So is Drake Maye your choice for "plug and play QB." ? LOL there's no such thing as plug and play especially for a rookie. You design around the Qb and other offensive players. You sit, watch film and develop the Qb.

"I don't care what Justin Fields did to keep us in games."
-DanielCCSBears
"The offense isn't being built for Justin Fields to succeed in it. It's being built for the next QB."
-DanielCCSBears

:brady:

Joe Burrow DeShaun Watson Patrick Mahomes Trevor Lawrence Andrew Luck rarely struggled to start their careers the way Fields has. I know it's hard for you to grasp that greatness arises from almost nowhere but Fields is forever going to be a work in progress.

The Bears are going to have to build up the offense around him and then sustain it by drafting well year over year. He'll need high level receivers and an offensive line to sustain him at the production level of a Top-10 QB at best. It's doubtful he'll EVER be Top-10. I see maybe Top-15 as a passer if everything goes perfectly and then get by for a few years with his legs. His legs will probably abandon him around year 7 the second year into his extension that the Bears will give him and then the Bears will toil in mediocrity once again.

If they stick it out with Fields it will look a lot like the 90s did. His contract will completely hamper the development of this franchise if they extend him.

Fields' mental processing as a QB is very poor. If defenses keep him in the pocket the Bears will struggle to win 6 games next year.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

27th in yards
31st in comp%
25th in rating
33rd in yards per game

While all you say are facts and legitimate stats. None of them give a reason for the why. None of them can be blamed on one guy alone. None take into account the situation of said QB. This was a historically bad team and the first year in a whole new system. Every QB in the league would have suffered bad stats. It's a team sport. PS. He strongly passes the eye test and we need to build around him.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
While all you say are facts and legitimate stats. None of them give a reason for the why. None of them can be blamed on one guy alone. None take into account the situation of said QB. This was a historically bad team and the first year in a whole new system. Every QB in the league would have suffered bad stats. It's a team sport. PS. He strongly passes the eye test and we need to build around him.
Why do you talk like Justin Fields is the only QB in the history of the NFL to have bad receivers and a bad offensive line?

Most of this fan base in convinced that Justin Fields is a victim of the most unique circumstances in the history of the league and as a result that was entirely to blame for his poor play.

Jay Cutler played better with just as poor of talent.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Why do you talk like Justin Fields is the only QB in the history of the NFL to have bad receivers and a bad offensive line?

Most of this fan base in convinced that Justin Fields is a victim of the most unique circumstances in the history of the league and as a result that was entirely to blame for his poor play.

No Jay had much better teams. What QB in the history of the NFL did great on a bad team? I'm asking you. Names please. How many HOF QBs were on bad teams?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Joe Burrow DeShaun Watson Patrick Mahomes Trevor Lawrence Andrew Luck rarely struggled to start their careers the way Fields has. I know it's hard for you to grasp that greatness arises from almost nowhere but Fields is forever going to be a work in progress.

The Bears are going to have to build up the offense around him and then sustain it by drafting well year over year. He'll need high level receivers and an offensive line to sustain him at the production level of a Top-10 QB at best. It's doubtful he'll EVER be Top-10. I see maybe Top-15 as a passer if everything goes perfectly and then get by for a few years with his legs. His legs will probably abandon him around year 7 the second year into his extension that the Bears will give him and then the Bears will toil in mediocrity once again.

If they stick it out with Fields it will look a lot like the 90s did. His contract will completely hamper the development of this franchise if they extend him.

Fields' mental processing as a QB is very poor. If defenses keep him in the pocket the Bears will struggle to win 6 games next year.
Must not have watched Trevor Lawrence.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I'll deal with link#135 later. In the meantime you really need to stop bringing up jay. We suffered through 8 yrs with this
loser, who had a bad attitude, uncoachable ( see his time with Shanahan), lacked leadership, got coaches fired etc. Even
Hester called out his lack of leadership