Fields numbers needed to

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What Poles did is invest in the Qb position. Which is a good idea for JF or whoever steps behind center.
If you can find anything that suggests Poles and the coaching staff believes JF might not be answer moving
forward.....please share it
The coaching staff and the GM are not going to throw any active player under the bus like that. They see JFs potential so are giving him the best chance to succeed, but if he doesn't.. then he will get replaced like every other player that doesn't work out.

Its up to JF to show everyone that he is the franchise QB for the Bears and part of that is actually being a competent passer. This is his year to take a big step forward, most QBs do that in year 3.. Can he do it? Hopefully, but I'm pretty doubtful, we have been down this road way to many times

I've seen instances where organizations have questioned the Qb position. Of course, any position should be up for
competition and replacement if there's a lack of performance. Technically, this is yr 2 for JF. The Nagy season was a write-off.

".......being a competent passer" you say. Well for that to happen ya need competent Qb development, play design,
play calling, wr's and .....drum roll .......a competent pass pro OL. Honestly, has JF had all this??

"we have been down this road way to many times" you say.
ok......name a Qb with JF's talent who we've been down this road with in the past?????

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
H needs over 3400 yards passing and over 30 total touchdowns. In todays nfl I don’t think this is asking too much

No problem.(y)
In your opinion, do we have the type of play calling and play design from Getsy to get us
3400 yards passing and over 30 total touchdowns. ?? Discuss

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
No problem.(y)
In your opinion, do we have the type of play calling and play design from Getsy to get us
No I don’t. But that’s the production that gives me confidence for a long term contract at an elite 40mil+ salary. He wasn’t that far off if you see his numbers from last year. It’s a small amount of added production per game

30 touchdowns is passing+rushing

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly - I don't care about the numbers. I care about growth.

There's still holes on this team, so I expect the performance to be uneven from week to week, but I expect the floor to be raised significantly, and I also expect that we will start to see glimpses of what is possible with the improved line and receiver corps.

I think if the line holds up - we will see Fields eclipse 4000 yards.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Early sure, but what kind of season must Fields have to sign him long term over starting over with rookie, cheaper, younger. Poles gets to pick himself. What kind of season makes all these questions go away. I'm a Fields fan and believer but this question will come up all season and then after to draft day. Will be the talk of Bears football around the league. OK? What keeps him here longterm???
Minimally 3700 yards and 28 TDs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No problem.(y)

No I don’t. But that’s the production that gives me confidence for a long term contract at an elite 40mil+ salary. He wasn’t that far off if you see his numbers from last year. It’s a small amount of added production per game

I hear ya. Getsy has got to utilize JF and the other offensive players properly to get those #'s. People seem to not realize or talk about the fact Getsy is responsible for the direction our offense takes in terms of the production u mentioned.

With the addition of Moore and Tyler Scott......I'd could see 25-30 passing Td's not including rushing Td's. Again, it goes
back to Getsy's play calling and play design.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly - I don't care about the numbers. I care about growth.

There's still holes on this team, so I expect the performance to be uneven from week to week, but I expect the floor to be raised significantly, and I also expect that we will start to see glimpses of what is possible with the improved line and receiver corps.

I think if the line holds up - we will see Fields eclipse 4000 yards.

Good points. Also a lot will depend Getsy's play design and situational play calling.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I've seen instances where organizations have questioned the Qb position. Of course, any position should be up for
competition and replacement if there's a lack of performance. Technically, this is yr 2 for JF. The Nagy season was a write-off.

".......being a competent passer" you say. Well for that to happen ya need competent Qb development, play design,
play calling, wr's and .....drum roll .......a competent pass pro OL. Honestly, has JF had all this??

ok......name a Qb with JF's talent who we've been down this road with in the past?????
Yes all your excuses for its everyone elses fault end this year.. maybe you are right and with the addition of a true #1 WR and one of the best tackles taken in the draft will help turn JF into a good passer.. I really hope that happens.. Not optimistic but I hope you are correct about him.

As far as a QB with Fields talent? well Fields biggest talent is unfortunately his running ability, as nice as that is to have, thats a skill that is just a bonus. Having a QB that can quickly read and react to what the D is doing. delivering the ball to the correct WR on time and accurately is a much more important talent for a QB to have.. Unfortunately so far Fields hasn't shown to have that talent yet. We will find out if he has that this year

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes all your excuses for its everyone elses fault end this year.. maybe you are right and with the addition of a true #1 WR and one of the best tackles taken in the draft will help turn JF into a good passer.. I really hope that happens.. Not optimistic but I hope you are correct about him.

As far as a QB with Fields talent? well Fields biggest talent is unfortunately his running ability, as nice as that is to have, thats a skill that is just a bonus. Having a QB that can quickly read and react to what the D is doing. delivering the ball to the correct WR on time and accurately is a much more important talent for a QB to have.. Unfortunately so far Fields hasn't shown to have that talent yet. We will find out if he has that this year
Your fav QBs are Mac Jones and Mitch Trubisky.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I see u avoided this part>>>>".......being a competent passer" you say.

And this part.......
??"Well for that to happen ya need competent Qb development, play design,
play calling, wr's and .....drum roll .......a competent pass pro OL. Honestly, has JF had all this??"

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No problem.(y)
We don't have a clue about what Getsy will call now. This team will have a full playbook for the first time. You run what your guys can handle. We have new and improved guys, the play calling will be very different.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No problem.(y)
We don't have a clue about what Getsy will call now. This team will have a full playbook for the first time. You run what your guys can handle. We have new and improved guys, the play calling will be very different.
Yes...... what ever talent one has or lack thereof the play book should be designed around the
players.

Well if u click link.....#104 the OP said no to Getsy's play calling. So what do u think Getsy needs to do to achieve 3400 yards passing and over 30 total touchdowns?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I see u avoided this part>>>>".......being a competent passer" you say.

And this part.......
??"Well for that to happen ya need competent Qb development, play design,
play calling, wr's and .....drum roll .......a competent pass pro OL. Honestly, has JF had all this??"
Here is the problem with trying to blame everything on his supporting cast, how has JF done when his supporting cast has done there jobs? He has done pretty bad.

Honestly it's irrelevant arguing about it at this point, Poles has upgraded his OL, has majorly upgraded his WR. It's now up to Fields to upgrade his play.

If he can then that's great, if he can't then he will get replaced, it is what it is..

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not specifically directed at you, but if anyone here thinks 30 total tds in a 17 game season is a goal for a modern QB in 2023...shit, you have super low expectations.

That's less than 2 tds a game. That is garbage. I just want to see low turnovers both in passing and fumbling. I think if Fields cleans that up, we're looking at a lot of wins. May not be pretty all the time, but he must help improve the Bears turnover margin.