Fields numbers needed to

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll deal with link#135 later. In the meantime you really need to stop bringing up jay. We suffered through 8 yrs with this
loser, who had a bad attitude, uncoachable ( see his time with Shanahan), lacked leadership, got coaches fired etc. Even
Hester called out his lack of leadership

It's very cute of you to try and introduce things completely irrelevant to the argument in order to stick up for Justin Fields.

The point I made was about whether or not QBs can be productive behind a suspect offensive line and with poor wise receivers.

Either comment on that point as it relates to both of those players having similar circumstances of a poor supporting cast or just shut the fuck up.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Joe Burrow DeShaun Watson Patrick Mahomes Trevor Lawrence Andrew Luck rarely struggled to start their careers the way Fields has. I know it's hard for you to grasp that greatness arises from almost nowhere but Fields is forever going to be a work in progress.

The Bears are going to have to build up the offense around him and then sustain it by drafting well year over year. He'll need high level receivers and an offensive line to sustain him at the production level of a Top-10 QB at best. It's doubtful he'll EVER be Top-10. I see maybe Top-15 as a passer if everything goes perfectly and then get by for a few years with his legs. His legs will probably abandon him around year 7 the second year into his extension that the Bears will give him and then the Bears will toil in mediocrity once again.

If they stick it out with Fields it will look a lot like the 90s did. His contract will completely hamper the development of this franchise if they extend him.

Fields' mental processing as a QB is very poor. If defenses keep him in the pocket the Bears will struggle to win 6 games next year.

The only Qb on that list to have a smooth transition was Mahomes. He had a top Qb developer in Reid, A mentor in Alex Smith and good offensive talent. The rest certainly experienced 'turbulence'. You definitely need to go back and research Lawrence start. And Luck's career was ended because of a horrible OL.

Sigh....the bulk of your paragraph 2 is pure conjecture.

"If they stick it out with Fields it will look a lot like the 90s did. His contract will completely hamper the development of this franchise if they extend him. " you say

More conjecture.
------------------

"Fields' mental processing as a QB is very poor. If defenses keep him in the pocket the Bears will struggle to win 6 games next year" you say

When JF even got mediocre to avg pass pro....he was dropping dimes

And look at what happened to this warrior after the play.

And........

Justin Fields locates wide open Dante Pettis for 6-yard TD

Now....where's filmed evidence of non mental processing in a clean pocket ????
---------------

I'll deal with your fraudulence in link #142 later today. Take that time to re-read link #142 and make the proper changes

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No Jay had much better teams. What QB in the history of the NFL did great on a bad team? I'm asking you. Names please. How many HOF QBs were on bad teams?
You're trying to conflate the argument by saying Jay Cutler had "much better teams"

So Earl Bennett Johnny Knox and Devin Hester were better receivers?

How about when Kendall Wright led the team in receiving?

Frank Omiyale Jamarcus Webb and Josh Beekman were better offensive linemen?

Or the defense carried the Bears to better win loss records is the point you're trying to make while ignoring the small fact that the defensive impact has very little to do with the overall offensive success.

You are desperate.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No Jay had much better teams. What QB in the history of the NFL did great on a bad team? I'm asking you. Names please. How many HOF QBs were on bad teams?
Oh sorry I forgot to add that Patrick Mahomes won a Super Bowl with 10 rookies starting.

But I'm sure you're going to make some comment about how great the Chiefs offensive line is and that offensive line singlehandedly overcame the inexperience of starting 10 rookies.

Shall we also look at the career arcs of Dan Marino and John Elway and the lack of talent they had around them during their Hall of Fame careers?

Sure there was the occasional decent player in Mark Clayton or Shannon Sharpe but overall neither of them had fantastic supporting casts like Troy Aikman had.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its incredible that this balding, obese moron tried arguing that Cutler didnt have good receivers when he literally had the best group of skill position talent the Chicago Bears have ever had and he was outplayed by his journeyman backup. Cutler got his chance with a plethora of offensive weapons and did little with it.

BTW he is getting completely owned by @run and shoot and @Noonthirtyjoe !

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Oh sorry I forgot to add that Patrick Mahomes won a Super Bowl with 10 rookies starting.

But I'm sure you're going to make some comment about how great the Chiefs offensive line is and that offensive line singlehandedly overcame the inexperience of starting 10 rookies.

Shall we also look at the career arcs of Dan Marino and John Elway and the lack of talent they had around them during their Hall of Fame careers?

Sure there was the occasional decent player in Mark Clayton or Shannon Sharpe but overall neither of them had fantastic supporting casts like Troy Aikman had.

So what are you saying? That if Justin Fields isn't a top 5 QB of all.time by his 2nd season he is a failure? You know Elway threw more INTs than TDs in two of his first three seasons right? For someone who apparently loves to argue you're really bad at it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Chiefs without Pat Mahomes probably don't win more than seven games and I think I'm being generous. We're about to see what kind of slop Aaron Rodgers was dragging to thirteen wins every year in Green Bay. I think New England's recent decline is a lot more nuanced than just Tom Brady leaving, but there were a few years in there that they were a bad team and he elevated them.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Chiefs without Pat Mahomes probably don't win more than seven games and I think I'm being generous. We're about to see what kind of slop Aaron Rodgers was dragging to thirteen wins every year in Green Bay. I think New England's recent decline is a lot more nuanced than just Tom Brady leaving, but there were a few years in there that they were a bad team and he elevated them.
The Chiefs had 3 straight years of 10+ wins before Mahomes got the starting gig.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Chiefs had 3 straight years of 10+ wins before Mahomes got the starting gig.
To be fair those teams had Justin Houston, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Marcus Peters, Dee Ford (when Dee Ford was good) and those bookend tackles of Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz.

I reckon they could probably adjust, reallocate their resources and lean on Andy Reid to guide them to respectability, but they ain't shit without Pat Mahomes. If you took this particular Chiefs team and put Andy Dalton at quarterback without changing anything else they win seven games, probably less.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To be fair those teams had Justin Houston, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Marcus Peters, Dee Ford (when Dee Ford was good) and those bookend tackles of Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz.

I reckon they could probably adjust, reallocate their resources and lean on Andy Reid to guide them to respectability, but they ain't shit without Pat Mahomes. If you took this particular Chiefs team and put Andy Dalton at quarterback without changing anything else they win seven games, probably less.
Yeah I’m not betting against Andy Reid

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So what are you saying? That if Justin Fields isn't a top 5 QB of all.time by his 2nd season he is a failure? You know Elway threw more INTs than TDs in two of his first three seasons right? For someone who apparently loves to argue you're really bad at it.
He shouldn't be dead last in the NFL in production when he has protection that holds up and at least one WR open.

I think that's not too much to ask.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Its incredible that this balding, obese moron tried arguing that Cutler didnt have good receivers when he literally had the best group of skill position talent the Chicago Bears have ever had and he was outplayed by his journeyman backup. Cutler got his chance with a plethora of offensive weapons and did little with it.

BTW he is getting completely owned by @run and shoot and @Noonthirtyjoe !

I wanted Josh McCown to continue playing. Unfortunately it didn't happen. They wouldn't let him ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You're trying to conflate the argument by saying Jay Cutler had "much better teams"

So Earl Bennett Johnny Knox and Devin Hester were better receivers?

How about when Kendall Wright led the team in receiving?

Frank Omiyale Jamarcus Webb and Josh Beekman were better offensive linemen?

Or the defense carried the Bears to better win loss records is the point you're trying to make while ignoring the small fact that the defensive impact has very little to do with the overall offensive success.

You are desperate.

At one point jay had....Forte, Jeffries, Marshall and TE Martellus Bennett.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'll deal with link#135 later. In the meantime you really need to stop bringing up jay. We suffered through 8 yrs with this
loser, who had a bad attitude, uncoachable ( see his time with Shanahan), lacked leadership, got coaches fired etc. Even
Hester called out his lack of leadership
I kept this from 2020. I'd probably word it slightly different now, but the message is still the same. my opinion of Mike Martz has probably gotten worse since then, actually.

why the bears suck on offense.png

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I don’t get all the Nate Davis nonsense. He was average to maybe slightly above and Poles went out and signed him up to shore up that weak spot in Jenkins- our best player on the line.

This dude must have banged Poles’ wife to piss him off the way they seem to be! I don’t get it. We are definitely missing something in this charade

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He doesn't need to improve on much. With DJ Moore and Darnell Wright he'll be in the conversation for league MVP next year.

Plus it will be his second year in the offense next year so he'll be better based on that.

The Bears offense scored more points over a four game stretch than at any other point in the last decade and a half.

This will be the greatest surprise season in the history of the franchise because Fields is already the best QB they've ever drafted.............

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
While all you say are facts and legitimate stats. None of them give a reason for the why. None of them can be blamed on one guy alone. None take into account the situation of said QB. This was a historically bad team and the first year in a whole new system. Every QB in the league would have suffered bad stats. It's a team sport. PS. He strongly passes the eye test and we need to build around him.
sure the whole team plays a part, but when you look at the stats of all his weapons and they all did better playing with other QBs then its hard to point to them as the biggest problem. Fields was not a QB that made the players around him better, he statistically made them worse. Now yes its true he was still young and was only in his 2nd year and statistically QBs usually take a big step in year 3, which is why I'm saying that this is his make or break year.

He either turns into a competent passer or we will draft someone else.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
At one point jay had....Forte, Jeffries, Marshall and TE Martellus Bennett.
Yes at one point and before that he still played better than Justin Fields.

And his name was Alshon Jeffery you fucking moron.
Okay Jeffery, I've never called you a name. So No need for you to turn into a bleeding azz name caller. Got it
The point was.......what did 4-5 yr veteran jay do when he had Forte, Alshon Jeffery , Marshall and TE Martellus Bennett ??
Crickets

Last edited: