Fields slammed by Steelers legend after troubling video of QB goes viral 😦

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
They don’t though because the Steelers signed Wilson to the vet minimum. It’s kind of hard having a conversation with you because you don’t accept basic facts.

Scroll to 2024 dead cap. Who's name is there?

If we had cut Cutler with his bloated contract too soon like many on CCS wanted to happen we would've been in the same situation. Paying a player to either sit at home or to play on another team.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If we had cut Cutler with his bloated contract too soon like many on CCS wanted to happen we would've been in the same situation. Paying a player to either sit at home or to play on another team.
Can you explain what the Broncos’ dead cap situation has to do with Russell Wilson being the starter in Pittsburgh? The Steelers are paying Fields $3.2 million (so $2 million more than they’re paying Wilson) to sit on the bench.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Howd his leadership workout for Pickett, Rudolph, trubisky, and others like Dobbs? He's a good coach but fields success will be from either being good or not. Tomlin has never made a qb better, he's just worked around how inadequate they are with defense and a good running game
That's what I am saying. If he doesn't work in Pittsburgh, he will be out of excuses.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
That's what I am saying. If he doesn't work in Pittsburgh, he will be out of excuses.
I mean he'll still have never had a good qb developer like Reid, mcvay, Lafleur, Shanahan but yeah it will certainly be a bleak outlook if he doesn't get a chance/succeed in Pittsburgh

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Can you explain what the Broncos’ dead cap situation has to do with Russell Wilson being the starter in Pittsburgh? The Steelers are paying Fields $3.2 million (so $2 million more than they’re paying Wilson) to sit on the bench.

So you would start the $3.2 million dollar QB over the $40 million dollar QB?
I guess we know why you are a nobody.

Wilson isn't there to sit on the bench. He could get paid the same to sit on the couch at home.
If paying Wilson minimum meant he lost out on the Denver money like you claimed he never would've taken the Steeler offer.

The Bears have been through this enough I would think you could understand how it works.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you would start the $3.2 million dollar QB over the $40 million dollar QB?
I guess we know why you are a nobody.

Wilson isn't there to sit on the bench. He could get paid the same to sit on the couch at home.
If paying Wilson minimum meant he lost out on the Denver money like you claimed he never would've taken the Steeler offer.

The Bears have been through this enough I would think you could understand how it works.
I’d start whoever is the better quarterback at practice and in the preseason (which is what Tomlin has said he’ll do.) The Broncos are paying Wilson a lot of money not to be their QB for a reason.

If Wilson stays on the couch, he’d be tanking the salary for his next job.

He’s not losing out on the Denver money, never claimed that lol. He’s still playing for Pittsburgh on the vet minimum.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I’d start whoever is the better quarterback at practice and in the preseason (which is what Tomlin has said he’ll do.) The Broncos are paying Wilson a lot of money not to be their QB for a reason.

If Wilson stays on the couch, he’d be tanking the salary for his next job.

He’s not losing out on the Denver money, never claimed that lol. He’s still playing for Pittsburgh on the vet minimum.

You did indeed claim that,
They don’t though because the Steelers signed Wilson to the vet minimum. It’s kind of hard having a conversation with you because you don’t accept basic facts.
You said Denver doesn't owe him anything because the Steelers are paying him a little over a million. Then you claimed I wouldn't accept that false fact.

Lovie said there was a competition but Rex is our QB. Coaches say a lot of things.

There's a reason Wilson got a $40 million dollar contract. The reason Denver is eating it is the reason you don't even bring him into your locker room. It's not because he's an incompetent never proven himself QB on a rookie contract.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You did indeed claim that,

You said Denver doesn't owe him anything because the Steelers are paying him a little over a million. Then you claimed I wouldn't accept that false fact.

Lovie said there was a competition but Rex is our QB. Coaches say a lot of things.

There's a reason Wilson got a $40 million dollar contract. The reason Denver is eating it is the reason you don't even bring him into your locker room. It's not because he's an incompetent never proven himself QB on a rookie contract.
I said Denver doesn’t owe him $40.2 million. And they don’t, because the Steelers are paying Wilson on the vet minimum.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I said Denver doesn’t owe him $40.2 million. And they don’t, because the Steelers are paying Wilson on the vet minimum.

Together Denver and Steelers are fulfilling Wilson's contract obligations. That's the fact. Deal with it.

Steelers have a QB who earned a $40.2 million dollar contract and a QB on the last year of a rookie contract that he wasn't good enough to play out. There is no way the rookie contract flop beats the $40 million dollar man.

Even if Fields has the talent in him he wasn't ever going to beat Wilson by the start of the season. Steelers' coaches have work to do with him.
And Fields certainly wasn't coming into OTAs to light it on fire without more coaching than he got from the Bears.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best place for Fields based on learning behind a vet. Problem is that he is already being called out for being disengaged, which ultimately I think was one big issue here. Hard not to be sympathetic... as I would probably also be disengaged after what Nagy did to him, and the team he had surrounding him in Flus' first year. Still, he seems to be aloof with vets and in general , and it may very well work against him ever developing into a starting caliber QB in the league.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If that's the case nobody should ever waste their time with a player that didn't work out with their original team. Or their college teams for that matter. A try out is the most anyone should get, either got it or they don't.

A 4th try for Darnold? Why bother if a coach isn't going to try to fix him?

Being mental is why I wondered if it was there in college. If the Bears created the problem as an answer to being blind to having routes jumped it's likely something other coaches have tricks to fix.

That's a black and white of putting things you can make a strong arguement that Fields didn't have a fair shot in Chicago.

I wonder how many QB were labeled busts and went to a new team and actaully became a franchise QB?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If that's the case nobody should ever waste their time with a player that didn't work out with their original team. Or their college teams for that matter. A try out is the most anyone should get, either got it or they don't.

A 4th try for Darnold? Why bother if a coach isn't going to try to fix him?

Being mental is why I wondered if it was there in college. If the Bears created the problem as an answer to being blind to having routes jumped it's likely something other coaches have tricks to fix.
It's both of their responsibilities: the team coaches and Fields.

The players are studying to be worldclass experts in their position. Fields has money to pay experts to train/teach him in the off season. Don't you think the best are doing/did that?

I mean, as an example, Fields could have paid Joe Montana to train him on pass timing and reading defenses. More likely Fields would probably get an expert who's more familiar with today's game, maybe someone on the Steelers' list of professionals.

From tennis, Andy Roddick hired Jimmy Connors to train him to win. It improved his game.

Fields had a Super Bowl MVP QB on the Bears staff to mentor him, a dude known to be willing to mentor, and rumor was he didn't eat that up.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

The players are studying to be worldclass experts in their position. Fields has money to pay experts to train/teach him in the off season. Don't you think the best are doing/did that?

I mean, as an example, Fields could have paid Joe Montana to train him on pass timing and reading defenses. More likely Fields would probably get an expert who's more familiar with today's game, maybe someone on the Steelers' list of professionals.

From tennis, Andy Roddick hired Jimmy Connors to train him to win. It improved his game.

Fields had a Super Bowl MVP QB on the Bears staff to mentor him, a dude known to be willing to mentor, and rumor was he didn't eat that up.

Somewhat yes. He's only made $15 million. He's been in real games. He's been coached. He's watched films. He's done on and off season practices.
How much would it be for him to hire a team to practice with?
If I made $15mil and just might terminally suck I don't know if I want to spend $5million of that throwing good money after bad.
If I'm the team looking at paying him $3mil seeing if he can be saved I'm setting up team drills and handing a coach a $10 airhorn to blow when it's time to throw to the WR before he gets open.

If it's because the Bears slowed him down to look for players about to jump his routes yes hire a personal coach to change that back and then teach him how to spot the players about to jump his routes.

If it was as simple as Rex needing to learn to side step instead of running directly away until he's caught, yes, take a karate class. $25-$100/mo.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Let’s not act like Foles is actually that good. He caught fire on an insane eagles squad and has been trash since then and before that superbowl

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

WTF does that to do with the Steelers need to play him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He'll never come around. He's a disingenuous poster that would rather look silly than be wrong. If he makes a mistake, he'll spin it, change emphasis/meaning and say he meant to. Perhaps he's forgotten that one QB was traded for and the other was cut if he wants to play reading in games. Denver chose to start a $5m (or less) QB instead of a $40m one so no, it's not a given even when you're actually paying for them.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
That's a black and white of putting things you can make a strong arguement that Fields didn't have a fair shot in Chicago.

I wonder how many QB were labeled busts and went to a new team and actaully became a franchise QB?
Jim Plunkett a bust with NE................Two- time Super Bowl winner with the Raiders.

Yes, I do think Fields got a fair shot last year. He failed and it was time to move on.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I wasn't able to figure out who the hell Route God is, but I got a good laugh trying.

He's allegedly a WR, a trainer, almost a QB. I can find his name but not his stats to back any of it up. And I don't know what the hell he'd be training any passer, if anything he should be training RBs or WRs to juke.
So far...he's just a self claim route god without anything to back it up. I think he's buddies with a WR and started his own "training school".
His training video looks like he's teaching Mofos how fucking hopscotch...lmao ..no seriously, it looks bad and seems fraudulence.
If Fields is smart, he'll keep away from this guy and Bell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk