Fields starts when he’s ready - WE GET IT

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Is anyone else tired of hearing the same questions (asked in slightly different ways) to Matt Nagy about when Justin Fields will be the starting QB? Fields will start when he’s ready – We get that.

The Media needs to start acting as if the “Justin Fields Development Plan” WILL be implemented instead of injecting their own opinions/takes/hypotheticals. They should start asking real questions about what that plan consists of. Give us a detailed analysis into the developmental approach and give us some real information about how and why this approach will succeed. What does the historical data say when this approach is used? Why is this approach best for Justin Fields? What specific skills can be developed without playing in games and watching a veteran? Interview former QBs that can explain the benefits of this approach without injecting their personal opinion on the Bear’s situation. We’ve gotten some small pieces of information like the difference between calling plays in a huddle and looking at cards on the sideline, but let’s keep digging for more details!

Is it too soon to have the discussion of what they plan on doing differently with Justin Fields than Mitch Trubisky? What did they learn from that experience that can be used today? Let’s have an honest comparison that’s professional.

Everyone is in such a hurry to get Justin Fields on the field ASAP. Why is it so hard for the Media to at least spend SOME time exploring the benefits of a developmental approach instead of writing it off? I mean Matt Nagy clearly was involved with the ascension of Patrick Mahomes. I’m sick and tired of hearing about why Justin Fields situation is different. I want to hear more about why it worked so well with Mahomes. IMO, that’s the more fascinating story. We have the head coach that was involved in developing one of the best freaking QBs in the league. THAT’S THE REAL STORY HERE PEOPLE. HOW DID HE DO IT?!?

*End rant*

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Is anyone else tired of hearing the same questions (asked in slightly different ways) to Matt Nagy about when Justin Fields will be the starting QB? Fields will start when he’s ready – We get that.

The Media needs to start acting as if the “Justin Fields Development Plan” WILL be implemented instead of injecting their own opinions/takes/hypotheticals. They should start asking real questions about what that plan consists of. Give us a detailed analysis into the developmental approach and give us some real information about how and why this approach will succeed. What does the historical data say when this approach is used? Why is this approach best for Justin Fields? What specific skills can be developed without playing in games and watching a veteran? Interview former QBs that can explain the benefits of this approach without injecting their personal opinion on the Bear’s situation. We’ve gotten some small pieces of information like the difference between calling plays in a huddle and looking at cards on the sideline, but let’s keep digging for more details!

Is it too soon to have the discussion of what they plan on doing differently with Justin Fields than Mitch Trubisky? What did they learn from that experience that can be used today? Let’s have an honest comparison that’s professional.

Everyone is in such a hurry to get Justin Fields on the field ASAP. Why is it so hard for the Media to at least spend SOME time exploring the benefits of a developmental approach instead of writing it off? I mean Matt Nagy clearly was involved with the ascension of Patrick Mahomes. I’m sick and tired of hearing about why Justin Fields situation is different. I want to hear more about why it worked so well with Mahomes. IMO, that’s the more fascinating story. We have the head coach that was involved in developing one of the best freaking QBs in the league. THAT’S THE REAL STORY HERE PEOPLE. HOW DID HE DO IT?!?

*End rant*
The media exists to sell controversy. They'll do it at any cost. There's no better way to do that to a football team than to create and feed into a QB controversy during every waking moment.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The media want to speculate and get sound bites to sell their stories. Sad, but they aren’t interested in the simple truth.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can the media at least wait until pre season games are finished before asking the "when" question?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
And the clueless masses of fans of course eat this kind of stuff up.

But not here on ccs...lol

Nelly

Liked Posts:
And the clueless masses of fans of course eat this kind of stuff up.

But not here on ccs...lol
I would love to see them probe Nagy and Pace on "the plan to develop Fields." Do their jobs and actually inform us and maybe give us some more insight into whether or not the team really knows what they're doing here or not.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I am a complete advocate of Development, mainly because we have waited too long for a Good QB prospect to screw it all up by rushing him in.

BUT, if we start putting up stinkers on offense right away with Andy Dalton, I might just find my self beating the table for Fields to be put into the game, development be damned....just being honest.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Have listened to three Nagy press conferences - in each he has said he expects Dalton to start and that Fields will benefit from learning behind an experienced QB. Once he feels that he's achieved that level of learning, and that Fields has shown he can play, then that's when he'll play.

But that would be hard for the Chicago and national media to stick with for three months - so I would expect endless speculation, debate, misinformation and bs for the best part of the next few. months!

On the plus side, we're discussion the potential start date of Justin Fields and not Blake Bortles!!! ?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is anyone else tired of hearing the same questions (asked in slightly different ways) to Matt Nagy about when Justin Fields will be the starting QB?

When will Dalton get benched?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I would love to see them probe Nagy and Pace on "the plan to develop Fields." Do their jobs and actually inform us and maybe give us some more insight into whether or not the team really knows what they're doing here or not.
This. They can still spew their crap to get sound bites to sell their stories, but that’s literally what every media outlet is already doing. There is enough of a demand for content to push real insight too.

It’s just so unusual for a head coach to get the opportunity to develop two young quarterbacks. Some original content is just sitting there and instead, Chicago’s lazy Media defaults to the “rookie QB competition” story.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is all anyone is going to talk about for the next 4 months, and I fucking love it. We have a quarterback.

Agreed! I’ll be enjoying the journey which I would have never been able to do had the Bears not got Fields.

I’d prefer Fields plays week 4 vs the Lions as that will be the first game I will be attending lol.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

*End rant*

because the media knows Daltons sucks already and that both Pace and Nagy have already admitted multiple times that they have failed to get the qb position right.

At some point your BS simply stops being effective

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
There might also be an argument for giving the revamped O-line time to gel before Fields gets Burrowed

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TBF to Pace/Nagy (mainly Nagy), won't really know until they start practicing and can work with both Dalton/Fields to see where they are at and how they process the offense. As of right now, they are taking the conservative approach and doubling down on the Vet, but that can change quickly.

I would imagine that Pace/Nagy are in agreement on Fields sitting to start the season and hopefully take a Mahomes level approach, but they also need results this season. If Dalton is failing the offense, in Fields goes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TBF to Pace/Nagy (mainly Nagy), won't really know until they start practicing and can work with both Dalton/Fields to see where they are at and how they process the offense. As of right now, they are taking the conservative approach and doubling down on the Vet, but that can change quickly.

I would imagine that Pace/Nagy are in agreement on Fields sitting to start the season and hopefully take a Mahomes level approach, but they also need results this season. If Dalton is failing the offense, in Fields goes.
I agree but there's no reason for Mahomes level of waiting. Fields is far more pro ready than Mahomes was.