Fields starts when he’s ready - WE GET IT

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So are you saying that no rookies should start because none of them have had any reps in the NFL.

If we traded up and got Lawrence would you be claiming he should sit

There is no reason to be declaring Fields the unquestioned leader and starter right now but there is also no reason to be slapping training wheels on him right now either.

what?

I said give him a chance to earn it in camp. And then you go on to say the same thing. what a weird post. we aren't even disagreeing here.

except the training wheels thing. don't know what that's about

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Fields doesn't win the QB competition over Andy Dalton and Nick Foles then I think he is a disappointment. Fields is a true talent not like a project QB with high upside that Trubisky, Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson were. Fields has been one of the most groomed and proven QBs that came out in the of the draft since Luck.

Andy Dalton has been a mediocre QB surrounded by great talent though most of his career and has a career 87.5 QBR he is actually a downgrade from Mitch.

I’m with you on the Fields talk.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The offense has been really bad the past two years and really doesn’t have much of anything pointing to that changing any time soon and dalton will be average or slightly below due to team talent and strategy.

This all points to fields coming in at some point but they are so wildly different that it’s going to be a heavy duty change in either direction for the rest of the team to adjust. So plan now and stick with it!

I would err on starting fields if it were my choice just due to getting your full money’s worth and getting as much cheap production As you can so I don’t have to pay backups ten million a year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The offense has been really bad the past two years and really doesn’t have much of anything pointing to that changing any time soon and dalton will be average or slightly below due to team talent and strategy.

This all points to fields coming in at some point but they are so wildly different that it’s going to be a heavy duty change in either direction for the rest of the team to adjust. So plan now and stick with it!

I would err on starting fields if it were my choice just due to getting your full money’s worth and getting as much cheap production As you can so I don’t have to pay backups ten million a year.

Fields starts week one

Marcellus said it best. Your teammates know....