Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Let’s say the Bears see enough from Fields to decide to roll with him going forward.

If that’s the case, the Bears have the money and picks to make the offense pretty formidable in 2024.

In free agency grab Williams or James to man the center spot.

Put the rest of the money into quality and focus on bringing back JJ and signing Josh Allen or Brian Burns at edge.

If they get some semblance of that done, give me MHJ at number 1 and Nabers at 5.

Tell me how to stop DJ Moore, MHJ and Nabers with Kmet as the main TE especially considering how well the Bears already run the ball.

It sounds a little crazy but it would be incredibly fun and exciting.

I’d take the best G, DT or safety in round 3.

Also, Whitehair and Jackson will be coming off the books to offset some of the Sweat contract.

With Nabers and MHJ, they won’t be saddled with having to give Moore another big contract when his deal runs out too.

You’d have the big 3 for two full seasons before Moore’s deal expires.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Let’s say the Bears see enough from Fields to decide to roll with him going forward.

If that’s the case, the Bears have the money and picks to make the offense pretty formidable in 2024.

Put the rest of the money into quality and focus on bringing back JJ and signing Josh Allen or Brian Burns at edge.

If they get some semblance of that done, give me MHJ at number 1 and Nabers at 5.

Tell me how to stop DJ Moore, MHJ and Nabers with Kmet as the main TE especially considering how well the Bears already run the ball.

Also, Whitehair and Jackson will be coming off the books to offset some of the Sweat contract.

With Nabers and MHJ, they won’t be saddled with having to give Moore another big contract when his deal runs out too.

I like what you're thinking, and I love Nabers. I really do. I think he goes number 5 overall, actually. But, I'm curious, so I'm wondering, why would you go Nabers over Brock Bowers. Just picking your brain.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like what you're thinking, and I love Nabers. I really do. I think he goes number 5 overall, actually. But, I'm curious, so I'm wondering, why would you go Nabers over Brock Bowers. Just picking your brain.
Bowers would fit the plan too and I respect his game. However, I love the idea of three true potential game breakers at the receiver spots.

The WR spot holds more positional value for me too.

If you draft Bowers, the Bears would have to empathize 12 personnel. I think my plan offers a bit more flexibility.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You lost me here. Lol. Sounds fun, but I think there are too many other needs.

If they don't replace Fields, I could see them going either Harrison/Nabers/Bowers/Odunze in the 1st round, with MAYBE a LT depending on how Braxton Jones looks the rest of the season. I think the last 7 games are going to be huge for evaluating Justin Fields and Braxton Jones.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of Harrison/Nabers/Bowers/Odunze + a trade down. Work on getting more talent via more picks with maybe getting a DT in the mid-to-late 1st or early 2nd. I'd love to see Sedrick Van Pran with our 3rd round pick, but I don't know if he'll still be there considering he's probably the best C in the draft.

I really just want to see the Bears with a really good oline for a change. It's been so long since the oline has been a strength.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not one but two wr in the top 5?

For a qb who career avg is approx 160ish ypg and is better as a rb1

Excellent idea.
Fun fact: Your last 30 post have been about nothing but anti fields and drafting maye. Sounds like hustlers indeed gonna hustle

Bust

Liked Posts:

VICE PRESIDENT OF THE MATT MILLEN FANCLUB SPOTTED!!!

----------------

During his tenure at the helm of the Lions, Millen notoriously drafted a wide receiver with Detroit's first-round draft pick an astounding four times in five years from 2003-2007 (Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Just for fun ... how would you feel about MHJ and Bowers?

Just as MHJ is a mismatch, so would Bowers be.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Bowers would fit the plan too and I respect his game. However, I love the idea of three true potential game breakers at the receiver spots.

The WR spot holds more positional value for me too.

If you draft Bowers, the Bears would have to empathize 12 personnel. I think my plan offers a bit more flexibility.
There is that.

One thing that I somewhat prefer Bowers is that he is a good blocker, not to mention that he can play outside a bit with his athleticism.

Rise

Liked Posts:
With three studs, read one would probably always be open. Also, your take is not accurate. He reads the field, but he needs to speed up his internal clock.

That’s the same thing! I can also run a marathon if you give me enough time, doesn’t mean I’m good at it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just for fun ... how would you feel about MHJ and Bowers?

Just as MHJ is a mismatch, so would Bowers be.
How do you both feel about using the other pick on a DE or 3T?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if there were Blake Bortles fans that couldn't see the writing on the wall?

Like, bruh, if we just get Bortles another WR in the draft!

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Here is my nightmare scenario...
  • The Bears keep Fields, who develops into a decent QB, like the 12th or 15th best QB in the league
  • The Bears use their 2024 draft capital to improve their team just enough to be a .500 team for the next 2-5 years
  • The Bears are now in NFL purgatory = not good enough to be a SB contender but not awful enough to get a top 5 draft pick for Fields' replacement in 2 to 5 years. They will have passed on their chance in the 2024 draft to nab a potentially top tier QB for the next 15 years

I'd much prefer...
  • Poles fires Fluss
  • Poles hires a HC with an offensive mind
  • Poles drafts a new QB at the top of the 2024 draft that he and the new HC agree on
  • Poles and the new HC build the team around the new QB's individual skill set

Keeping Fields, I think, dooms the Bears to mediocracy for the next half decade. (I realize mediocre is actually better than what we've seen lately). Moving off Fields (and Fluss) opens up more possibilities as to what the Bears can be going forward.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keeping Fields, I think, dooms the Bears to mediocracy for the next half decade. (I realize mediocre is actually better than what we've seen lately). Moving off Fields (and Fluss) opens up more possibilities as to what the Bears can be going forward.
You don't have to worry, brother. Fields will bury himself the next seven weeks and leave Poles with no option but to hit the QB reset button - it's probably already happening.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

if you were to do something like this it is pretty important you trade out of pick 1 and not give up that value. i mean this is just a straight trade with arizona 1 for 4, 20, 35, 66, and their first next year.

1700171871592.png

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
If Calvin Johnson didn’t get drafted number one, I don’t think a receiver will ever get drafted 1st overall in todays NFL. Whoever has the first pick will draft a QB.