Fields Stays - F It Go Deep in 2024

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
if you were to do something like this it is pretty important you trade out of pick 1 and not give up that value. i mean this is just a straight trade with arizona 1 for 4, 20, 35, 66, and their first next year.

View attachment 32394
So you’re saying the Cardinals will give up on Kyler Murray by trading up, and the Bears stick with Fields by trading down. I’m convinced some people in this fanbase don’t watch NFL football outside of the Bears, good lord lmao

greg23

Liked Posts:
Fun fact: Your last 30 post have been about nothing but anti fields and drafting maye. Sounds like hustlers indeed gonna hustle
I'm pro Bears....and I've seen enough in 30+ starts to realize Fields ain't the guy.....and the gm is passing on a qb again if he has #1 or #2: esp with the way Stroud is playing......and in my guesstimation Maye is the superior NFL player over Williams (who reminds me of a smaller version of Fields....great off script; shaky in the pocket, holds the ball and turnover prone)

I hope fields plays well last games to make it easier for Poles to trade him for 2024 draft capital to get a center/edge in round 2

But back to my comment.....any response on the mock draft where the bears make history by drafting two wr in the top 5????....or just another defense of fields?

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
So you’re saying the Cardinals will give up on Kyler Murray by trading up, and the Bears stick with Fields by trading down. I’m convinced some people in this fanbase don’t watch NFL football outside of the Bears, good lord lmao
have you read the thread? the guy is posing the scenario of sticking with fields, so i made a suggestion in the spirit of the topic of said thread. you know... like you do on a fucking message board. yes arizona would trade that. use a chart and some reading comprehension, jackass

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You lost me here. Lol. Sounds fun, but I think there are too many other needs.

If they don't replace Fields, I could see them going either Harrison/Nabers/Bowers/Odunze in the 1st round, with MAYBE a LT depending on how Braxton Jones looks the rest of the season. I think the last 7 games are going to be huge for evaluating Justin Fields and Braxton Jones.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of Harrison/Nabers/Bowers/Odunze + a trade down. Work on getting more talent via more picks with maybe getting a DT in the mid-to-late 1st or early 2nd. I'd love to see Sedrick Van Pran with our 3rd round pick, but I don't know if he'll still be there considering he's probably the best C in the draft.

I really just want to see the Bears with a really good oline for a change. It's been so long since the oline has been a strength.
In my scenario, I had the Bears signing a free agent center and another quality edge. Then I said, fuck it go deep!

That does leave Jones at LT.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
That's sort of what I'm saying. Except to run with Fields another year means you absolutely have to trade down to have the ability to trade up for a QB in the '25 draft. That QB will be better for it if Fields isn't good enough for it to get a contract.
Trading down isn't a bad idea since you'd be reaching to spend #1 on anyone but a QB in this draft and possibly #2 too. WRs going #1 is rare.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Yeah they need to support the NFL top 100 player at QB and MVP vote getter that they already have. I'm not interested in Great Value Mahomes or Trubisky 2.0.

Attachments

• PFN_MDS_Result__1700197562740.png
    PFN_MDS_Result__1700197562740.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 8

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I'm pro Bears....and I've seen enough in 30+ starts to realize Fields ain't the guy.....and the gm is passing on a qb again if he has #1 or #2: esp with the way Stroud is playing......and in my guesstimation Maye is the superior NFL player over Williams (who reminds me of a smaller version of Fields....great off script; shaky in the pocket, holds the ball and turnover prone)

I hope fields plays well last games to make it easier for Poles to trade him for 2024 draft capital to get a center/edge in round 2

But back to my comment.....any response on the mock draft where the bears make history by drafting two wr in the top 5????....or just another defense of fields?

Black Bear, brown bear, grizzly bear, or polar bear?

Or do you like Bears in general?

joec231

Liked Posts:

You hope that Justin Fields plays solid enough in seven straight games so another team trades one of their most valuable draft picks to get said QB, and Bears draft Maye who "in your guesstimation" is marginally better than Smaller Justin Fields.

pro Bears.

greg23

Liked Posts:
You hope that Justin Fields plays solid enough in seven straight games so another team trades one of their most valuable draft picks to get said QB, and Bears draft Maye who "in your guesstimation" is marginally better than Smaller Justin Fields.

pro Bears.
Pretty sure I said maye was superior not marginally better than Williams.

And yes; I hope fields plays well enough for another team to be duped into trading a 2/3 for him vs rolling out the awful performances he's provided in...oh...about 25 of his 31 starts

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How do you both feel about using the other pick on a DE or 3T?
If the Bears pick drops to lower than 10, DE and 3T become lessor reaches, so good choices.

When all is said and done, if the only DE worthy of the Bears pick is DE from UCLA, it would be too much of a risk seeing that he had to retire from football at Washington and get a team (UCLA) rubber stamp his health.

Would the top 3 tech be the DT from Illinois?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the Bears pick drops to lower than 10, DE and 3T become lessor reaches, so good choices.

When all is said and done, if the only DE worthy of the Bears pick is DE from UCLA, it would be too much of a risk seeing that he had to retire from football at Washington and get a team (UCLA) rubber stamp his health.

Would the top 3 tech be the DT from Illinois?
Think it would be between him and Leonard Taylor III (Miami DT)

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
For free agency some of the Bears relevant choices other teams have to make:

MIA: cap starved right now, they can likely only afford to extend (or tag) Williams their C or Wilkins their DT - Bears want both but will take either/or

MIN: Danielle cant be tagged so you either pay the man or let him walk. I think hes the most likely target Bears can grab in FA, hes a bridge piece in thats hes "win now" but if you bring Fields back you are basically seeing i you can win now anyway. Sweat+Hunter isnt an elite combo but they would be the best the team has had since Mack+Quinn.

Josh Allen (the edge), Brian Burns, Calvin Ridley, LVs C, etc. are all very likely to get signed because they have value and their teams have cap space to sign them - think you have to count on them not being there but go nuts if they are. Bargain bin options for C are Dallas' C Biadasz and Jets C McGovern - both are "buy low" prospects having bad 2023s that i guess you hope return to earlier form for you.

I'm not sure sticking with Fields is the best course of action (also not sure that it isnt), but I think moving off of drafting a QB in the first leaves you open to bigger tradedowns that really let you invest in the future, I would do something like:

1700267052354.png

And then you have turned 1st overall into 3 (lesser) firsts, 1 second, 1 third - and if Bears pick stay close to 5 overall you still can "settle" for Nabers or Coleman instead of MHJ.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty sure I said maye was superior not marginally better than Williams.

And yes; I hope fields plays well enough for another team to be duped into trading a 2/3 for him vs rolling out the awful performances he's provided in...oh...about 25 of his 31 starts
At this point you're making me hope the Bears keep Justin Fields just so that way we can all watch you rip your dick off...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if there were Blake Bortles fans that couldn't see the writing on the wall?

Like, bruh, if we just get Bortles another WR in the draft!
We had one dumbass who proclaimed some nerd from NC to be the best bears QB in our history. Also had a guy make a thread about how that same nerd should holdout till the team was better. 🤷🏿‍♂️ hustlers gonna hustle

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The benefit of Bowers over 2 WRs is while it is 12 personnel teams will likely need to play nickel with Bowers in the game. If they stick with base then Bears can run the ball.

The other benefit of Bowers is if he becomes a Travis Kelce type you are getting a 1k yard WR for like 15m because he is a TE vs having to spend 25-30 for the same production from a WR.

Moore, MHJ and Nabers sounds great on paper except you likely cant pay them all 20m plus if they all play well.

greg23

Liked Posts:
At this point you're making me hope the Bears keep Justin Fields just so that way we can all watch you rip your dick off...
The Bears are such a horribly run and stupid organization; i could see this happening.........but Poles knows he's gone next year if he keeps fields and he stinks and the bears are awful....again.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The benefit of Bowers over 2 WRs is while it is 12 personnel teams will likely need to play nickel with Bowers in the game. If they stick with base then Bears can run the ball.

The other benefit of Bowers is if he becomes a Travis Kelce type you are getting a 1k yard WR for like 15m because he is a TE vs having to spend 25-30 for the same production from a WR.

Moore, MHJ and Nabers sounds great on paper except you likely cant pay them all 20m plus if they all play well.
Good stuff Remy. I did mention that if it worked out, they could let Moore walk after 2025 and still have a formidable receiver group.