Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I don't watch much college ball because I've always worked on Sat and Sunday NFL keeps me happy but considering our situation, I'm recording both the USC and NC games today and will continuer to do so until I'm reasonably sure that Fields is the guy which I still feel is both possible and the best case scenario. I don't want to fall into a Trubisky trap where you see one playoff game and rely on pundits.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
if you were to do something like this it is pretty important you trade out of pick 1 and not give up that value. i mean this is just a straight trade with arizona 1 for 4, 20, 35, 66, and their first next year.

View attachment 32394
If this trade scenario presents itself, I say do it! That would be a "haul" of picks. Imo..this needs to be Da Bears mega-draft to bring in immediate 'game changers.'

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Drafting a new QB extends the clock for Poles.

Rolling with Fields for another year would then have to somehow turn around and be a success or Poles is done along with the QB he stuck with.

There will be a QB drafted this year or Poles really is a fuckin idiot.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I see threads like this are popping up all over the site this week. Fuck it, go deep.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good stuff Remy. I did mention that if it worked out, they could let Moore walk after 2025 and still have a formidable receiver group.

I still prefer getting WR peoduction out of the TE position for a fraction of the cost but to eaxh his own.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I still prefer getting WR peoduction out of the TE position for a fraction of the cost but to eaxh his own.
A combo of MHJ and Bowers would definitely be lethal too. I’m aching for a consistently dangerous offense that scores points and controls the clock.

Last edited:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Ah…the fun, disillusioned time of year.

Jacksonville isn’t about to let their star 26 year old pass rusher hit FA. Allen will be tagged or extended. The jags walk into FA with just over 25 mil in cap space per spotrac.

Brian burns isn’t a free agent, Carolina picked up his 5th year option. Carolina has also turned down multiple trade offers in multiple years involving multiple 1st round picks in a return. They aren’t letting him go. Get that shit out of here.

Saying ‘f it go deep’ then drafting Marvin Harrison Jr is an oxymoron. If you think he’s a deep threat when he barely beats a 4.5 40 time, then you have no clue who/what player you’re drafting. You (like most fans) just see his dad’s HOF name, a few vignettes of MHJr pu king dbs who aren’t making it to the next level, and already made up your mind what he is, more so isnt. I highly encourage you and everybody else who wants him to actually understand what he is instead of look at his name and assume he’s his dad but better.

The bears presently have the 31st ranked OL and your best idea is to draft a guy in the 3rd round and sign a mid-20s star C that another team will TOTALLY let go without trying to keep. The Phins may lose Williams, because they need to shed 25 mil to get into the black, but a 26 year old star C will have a big market.

Puff puff pass OP. You got the good shit.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
With three studs, read one would probably always be open. Also, your take is not accurate. He reads the field, but he needs to speed up his internal clock.
Honest question. If he reads the field, why isn't he changing the play at the LOS when the play called is a run up the middle and the defense has a 9 man front?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we do draft MHJ, I’d hope we’d spend the other first round pick on a top tier LT and dipping back into the oline pool for a center in rnd 2 (assuming we trade back and don’t get a top FA C). Upgrading the offensive line helps both the passing and running game so I’m all for devoting resources to the line.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
This is my 2 cents. I still have faith in fields. The main issues have been scheme and coaching for this team. I have no faith in getsybor eberflus. But if you get the first, you take Caleb and trade fields. Hire an offensive minded head coach. Fields is going to need a new contract next year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Honest question. If he reads the field, why isn't he changing the play at the LOS when the play called is a run up the middle and the defense has a 9 man front?
You and I both don’t know what he was told going into that series. Sometimes, the OC tells his QB not to audible under any circumstance. Martz pretty much dictated that through much of his tenure here.

These coaches are calling it like they’re scared to play to win. Are you sure they didn’t tell Fields these plays are runs because we want them to burn their time outs?

It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. Do you think it’s a big stretch?

I don’t.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Poles will have a huge opportunity in the ‘24 draft. I traded 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 and was able to fill a number of massive needs and put a QB in the pipeline just in case. With MHJ and Franklin teamed up with Moore, the WR room would be dynamic! I hit edge hard and brought in an athletic safety. Also, I grabbed the best center in the draft.

Plus, that additional future draft capital…

Warren should hire me. :ROFLMAO:

1700845620458.png

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Let’s say the Bears see enough from Fields to decide to roll with him going forward.

If that’s the case, the Bears have the money and picks to make the offense pretty formidable in 2024.

In free agency grab Williams or James to man the center spot.

Put the rest of the money into quality and focus on bringing back JJ and signing Josh Allen or Brian Burns at edge.

If they get some semblance of that done, give me MHJ at number 1 and Nabers at 5.

Tell me how to stop DJ Moore, MHJ and Nabers with Kmet as the main TE especially considering how well the Bears already run the ball.

It sounds a little crazy but it would be incredibly fun and exciting.

I’d take the best G, DT or safety in round 3.

Also, Whitehair and Jackson will be coming off the books to offset some of the Sweat contract.

With Nabers and MHJ, they won’t be saddled with having to give Moore another big contract when his deal runs out too.

You’d have the big 3 for two full seasons before Moore’s deal expires.
Already had this idea weeks ago…

Now big Dan is pushing the narrative. Yikes!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Let’s say the Bears see enough from Fields to decide to roll with him going forward.

If that’s the case, the Bears have the money and picks to make the offense pretty formidable in 2024.

Put the rest of the money into quality and focus on bringing back JJ and signing Josh Allen or Brian Burns at edge.

If they get some semblance of that done, give me MHJ at number 1 and Nabers at 5.

Tell me how to stop DJ Moore, MHJ and Nabers with Kmet as the main TE especially considering how well the Bears already run the ball.

Also, Whitehair and Jackson will be coming off the books to offset some of the Sweat contract.

With Nabers and MHJ, they won’t be saddled with having to give Moore another big contract when his deal runs out too.

Now that the Bears are locked in at 1 and 9, I’d alter my above plan slightly.

I would definitely look to trade back to 3 and take MHJ there. At nine, I would target Odunze or Bowers. I want weapons!

I’d select the best G, FS or DT with the second rounder the trade back from one nets.

In free agency:

I would add Hunter to the list of DEs I’d pursue.

If none of the DEs sign, I would target Madubuike at DT.

Kyle Duggar is a safety I’d be interested in too.

I’d still like to see a deal done with JJ.

Bottom line, the draft assets and cap space are available to significantly upgrade this team. Combine that with the right choice for OC and QB coach, and there’s no reason not to expect a playoff birth in 2024.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Now that the Bears are locked in at 1 and 9, I’d alter my above plan slightly.

I would definitely look to trade back to 3 and take MHJ there. At nine, I would target Odunze or Bowers. I want weapons!

I’d select the best G, FS or DT with the second rounder the trade back from one nets.

In free agency:

I would add Hunter to the list of DEs I’d pursue.

If none of the DEs sign, I would target Madubuike at DT.

Kyle Duggar is a safety I’d be interested in too.

I’d still like to see a deal done with JJ.

Bottom line, the draft assets and cap space are available to significantly upgrade this team. Combine that with the right choice for OC and QB coach, and there’s no reason not to expect a playoff birth in 2024.
MHJ. Turner at 9 or Newton.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

You lost me at Nabers @5, but change that to Bowers at #9 and we have a deal 🤝