Fields vs Browns

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL At Fields "lacking development" in his first ever start and ignoring that that is literally Nagy's responsibility.

You are being obtuse. No one is ignoring it is Nagy's job as I already said he should be fired.

However there is also some baseline he came into the league with and for a guy that many were billing as being ready, he clearly was not. The dude was literally staring at open WRs and not throwing the ball.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have seen that metric but not sure where it comes from. You have a source. When I look at other metrics it is not that low.

I think 7 of 11 sacks he held the ball for more than 4.5 seconds. Granted that includes scrambling but that also means he didnt get rid of the ball after he was out of the pocket abd took sacks.

They talked about both on the radio. Essentially, him having 4.5 seconds to throw on 7 of the 11 sacks means that he was avoiding pressure and creating time with his legs. The .78 seconds is time before pressure arrive, IIRC. The NFL average is something like 2.5 seconds.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I am not here to coddle him and blame everyone else for his missing basic reads.

LOL at ignoring the fact that most everyone agrees he missed some reads. You just want to stand out from everyone and when everyone is (finally) all aboard the fire Nagy train, you need material to be unique and stand out as smartest in the room.

Remy will Remy and I am not even mad about it but you went WAY farther than saying Fields missed some reads.

LOL at Fields "not showing you something" that day.

LOL at Fields "Lacking development" in his first ever start .... and by himself without the HC! Hahaha

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They talked about both on the radio. Essentially, him having 4.5 seconds to throw on 7 of the 11 sacks means that he was avoiding pressure and creating time with his legs. The .78 seconds is time before pressure arrive, IIRC. The NFL average is something like 2.5 seconds.

Yeah I just never saw any evidence for that .78 on any of the websites. He wasnt avoiding pressure if he still got sacked. If you got out the pocket then throw the ball away if you have to instwad of still taking the sack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL at ignoring the fact that most everyone agrees he missed some reads. You just want to stand out from everyone and when everyone is (finally) all aboard the fire Nagy train, you need material to be unique and stand out as smartest in the room.

Remy will Remy and I am not even mad about it but you went WAY farther than saying Fields missed some reads.

LOL at Fields "not showing you something" that day.

LOL at Fields "Lacking development" in his first ever start .... and by himself without the HC! Hahaha

You seem to want to vortex. This thread was dead and you revived it just to whine.

1. Correct he did not show any of the flashes of brialliance you hope for even as a guy struggles. There was no big scramble or no money throw.

2. Correct he seemd amazingly lacking in his ability to just throw the ball when he is staring at an open WR. There is a difference between not seeing a guy and literally watching him get open and not throwing just to then take a sack.

When he plays better I will say so but I am judging him based on how he performed in this game not based on his potential. I am sure he will be fine but he sucked ass against the Browns.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah I just never saw any evidence for that .78 on any of the websites. He wasnt avoiding pressure if he still got sacked. If you got out the pocket then throw the ball away if you have to instwad of still taking the sack.
If he turned .78 sec into 4.5 sec, he was indeed avoiding pressure and creating time. There's honestly no other way to view it otherwise.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
That .78 number is nonsense. Link me to something that proves it correct please.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he turned .78 sec into 4.5 sec, he was indeed avoiding pressure and creating time. There's honestly no other way to view it otherwise.

If he was still sacked then he didnt avoid pressure, he delayed it. Avoiding pressure would be scrambling for positive yards, throwing it to someone or throwing incomplete.

Instead he delayed Garrett for example but he did not avoid Garrett if Garrett still got the sack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That .78 number is nonsense. Link me to something that proves it correct please.

Yeah I have seen no actual site like PFF or NGS confirm it and a simple review of the sacks shows on most the pocket did not collapse in 0.78. In most of those he finished his drop which takes longer than 0.78.

JT Sullivan did a nice analysis of his sacks that is posted in another thread and he had time to throw and a guy open on a few of them. He just held the ball a tick too long. Granted the OL still sucked balls but he could have gotten rid of the ball.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have been down on Nagy since 2018. There is no point beating that dead horse.

But there IS a point in "beating that dead horse" when said dead horse is still ALIVE!

Alive enough to gameplan into failure and fail to make adjustments which is still the primary issue of the day. When you say Fields missed reads or took too long to throw, I'm fine. When you comparatively focus on Fields over Nagy, you are wrong.
for a guy that many were billing as being ready, he clearly was not.

Then your issue is with them, not Fields. By the way, I and others like me here were expecting a gameplan and adjustments to help Fields along because he was not fully NFL ready.
You seem to want to vortex.

It's been a while. Sounds like fun.
This thread was dead and you revived it just to whine.

Incorrect. Look back. I came in this morning and replied to @WestCoastBearsFan . I was not the one who said Remy three times in the mirror this am. That culprit was @ijustposthere

LOL

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But there IS a point in "beating that dead horse" when said dead horse is still ALIVE!

Alive enough to gameplan into failure and fail to make adjustments which is still the primary issue of the day. When you say Fields missed reads or took too long to throw, I'm fine. When you comparatively focus on Fields over Nagy, you are wrong.

Then your issue is with them, not Fields. By the way, I and others like me here were expecting a gameplan and adjustments to help Fields along because he was not fully NFL ready.

It's been a while. Sounds like fun.

Incorrect. Look back. I came in this morning and replied to @WestCoastBearsFan . I was not the one who said Remy three times in the mirror this am. That culprit was @ijustposthere

LOL

1. So go make or visit a thread about Nagy. This thread about Fields. He can be judged on the things within his control like when a WR is open and he fails to throw it.

2. No my issue is with Fields because he missed things even rookie QBs should see.

3. I said you revived a dead thread not that you responded to me. The last post in this thread prior to yours was Monday. So you were responding to WCBF 6 days later.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1. So go make or visit a thread about Nagy. This thread about Fields. He can be judged on the things within his control like when a WR is open and he fails to throw it.

2. No my issue is with Fields because he missed things even rookie QBs should see.

Even rookie QBs under Nagy should see??

You want to magically separate the two but cannot logically.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yes unless Nagy has the power to blind people. You want to pretend everything is on Nagy.

There were times on film where he is clearly staring at a WR but waits and then gets sacked. That is not Nagy. That is him. Watch this. No one is saying the OL or Nagy was good but the dude took to long on easy reads. This was like a 3 or 4 sack game that Fields indecision took to a 9 sack game.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You want to pretend everything is on Nagy.

Swing and a miss. I am on record agreeing Fields missed reads. I am also on record that Nagy did not go under center, did not give Montgomery more to help Fields, did not establish credible play action, did not chip the edges, did not go to max protect ... did not change anything until late third which not only makes him the primary culprit but also makes his ability to teach Fields entirely suspect and should alarm every Bears fan.

Yes unless Nagy has the power to blind people.
Nah, I hate him but he is not the Anti-christ giving blindness to those that can see.

Pass rushers do that though. Pass rush gives thunder into QB's ears and makes vision go cloudy. Pass rushers makes QBs "see ghosts" (Darnold) and pass rushers gives "goosebumps" (Fields).

And Nagy did not change and did not help. He made no adjustments; he either had no clue what to do or was unable to communicate what to do to the whole offense.

Fields 1 start vs. Nagy 4 years and counting experience.

LOL at Fields "not showing you something"

LOL at Fields "lacking development" in his first ever start and with a HC who was supposed to be developing him!

You are disingenuous here when you act like you are only calling out Fields for missing reads or holding the ball too long (all true). You went way farther than that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This was your response to my point about him missing things a rookie should see. So you are trying to blame that on Nagy are you not?

Also you claim about me going farther than that is just silly. I stated the truth. He did not have any big plays or flashes which is what I meant by showing me something and the lacking development is the sams point about missing reads as this wasnt a case of defenses confusing him. Again he is literally staring at open guys and not throwing.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
@remydat one question I have is do Russell Wilson and deshaun Watson have a long way to go? They almost never get rid of the ball at the end of their dropbacks

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Again he is literally staring at open guys and not throwing.

Already answered:

Pass rushers do that though. Pass rush gives thunder into QB's ears and makes vision go cloudy. Pass rushers makes QBs "see ghosts" (Darnold) and pass rushers gives "goosebumps" (Fields).

And Nagy did not change and did not help. He made no adjustments; he either had no clue what to do or was unable to communicate what to do to the whole offense.

Takes two to vortex, my friend.

EDIT: "friend" not used sarcastically. I genuinely like Remy and have always said that to people who mysteriously actually get angry at him and hate him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat one question I have is do Russell Wilson and deshaun Watson have a long way to go? They almost never get rid of the ball at the end of their dropbacks

How many times did they take 9 sacks and have net 1 yard because of it? Mobile QBs tend to hold the ball long. We just accept it when they make more plays doing so. You cant compare that to Fields when he sucked doing it unlike Watson or Wilson.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How many times did they take 9 sacks and have net 1 yard because of it? Mobile QBs tend to hold the ball long. We just accept it when they make more plays doing so. You cant compare that to Fields when he sucked doing it unlike Watson or Wilson.
You think the reason Fields was sacked 9 times and had 1 net yard was because of him holding the ball too long?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Already answered:

Takes two to vortex, my friend.

EDIT: "friend" not used sarcastically. I genuinely like Remy and have always said that to people who mysteriously actually get angry at him and hate him.

Yes the NFL has pass rushers and you need to deal with them like getting rid of the ball when someone is open and you are staring at them.