Fields vs Browns

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm really not concerned about fields, he's smart and an incredibly hard worker. He appears to be a guy who will be even more motivated by failure. What I am worried about is the bears being competent enough to hire a coach who can teach him how to process things quickly and efficiently at this level.
Ironic. Given how the only thing that will attract a top coach to Chicago is if they think Justin has shown enough to pass up other opportunities.

but again, who knows. Maybe he was just rattled in his first road start and second guesses himself. Either way he’s gotta find a way to get more decisive.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well of course there’s bigger issues. The problem is Fields was advertised as NFL ready, and he should be expected to live up to that. There are many many rookie QBs who have played behind lines just as bad the one we have with coaches as bad as Nagy, and they didn’t get sacked 9 times in one game. Deshaun immediately comes to mind. So does Herbert.

Nagy is as good as gone after this season but Justin isn’t.

The biggest concern I have after that game is why does Justin look so gun shy in the pocket? His confidence was one of his biggest selling points where is it?
Your first sentence sums up everything. I don’t care if he was advertised as NFL ready because anyone who have some NFL knowledge knows rookie QBs are typically not NFL ready. That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t play and develop though. Many rookie QBs don’t have a HC or OC as awful as Nagy though. He as proven he is one of the worst in the league.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
All of the problems look fixable as again he was staring at the open guy. Just needs to let it rip for better or worse.
Agreed. And idk that they'd be fixable for mitch who came off as pretty stupid, but fields seems to be able to learn. Obviously it won't be overnight. Might take some time for him to get more comfortable with his reads of defensive schemes and timing at the nfl level with how quickly windows close, but I have faith in him. I also think if they can implement deep plays with him that'll loosen up underneath coverage, but obviously they need protection to hold up for that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Your first sentence sums up everything. I don’t care if he was advertised as NFL ready because anyone who have some NFL knowledge knows rookie QBs are typically not NFL ready. That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t play and develop though. Many rookie QBs don’t have a HC or OC as awful as Nagy though. He as proven he is one of the worst in the league.
And yet there are rookie QBs who do have situations just as bad if not worse than fields right now and play well. If you think top OCs aren’t gonna watch his film this season and decide if he’s done enough WITH Nagy to come to Chicago instead of somewhere else where they can draft their own QB you’re crazy.

No other coaches are going to essentially write this season off for Justin because Nagy is bad.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Ironic. Given how the only thing that will attract a top coach to Chicago is if they think Justin has shown enough to pass up other opportunities.

but again, who knows. Maybe he was just rattled in his first road start and second guesses himself. Either way he’s gotta find a way to get more decisive.
I think coaches already know what they can do with Fields before they ever saw him play a game in the NFL. I think they'll have plenty of options, but can they make the right choice.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think coaches already know what they can do with Fields before they ever saw him play a game in the NFL. I think they'll have plenty of options, but can they make the right choice.
Yeah and I guarantee you they’ll watch film and draw conclusions from his NFL games.

You think they’re just gonna ignore his tape because he was good at OSU?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah and I guarantee you they’ll watch film and draw conclusions from his NFL games.

You think they’re just gonna ignore his tape because he was good at OSU?
Yeah I guess if every game is like the Browns game there might be issues but I don't think that'll happen. He's got too much ability and intelligence to fail like that week in and week out.

Just a reminder he struggled as a freshman at Georgia before really turning things around at the college level as well.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are hilarious picking apart a rookie quarterback, against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, with one week of reps and the pe de resistance, a historically bad coach, setting NFL records for clown man ship.

his sample size is so small and that shit scheme last week, yeah he started so fair game for analysis, but come on man ? He holds on to the ball too long ? Yes at times they all do.

The difference between him and the other guys DRAFTED AHEAD OF HIM is they have had full camps, OTA, preseason and two full games with their respective offenses.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I think some of this forum have to be reminded that Nagy didn't just have Fields look terrible, but the four QBS he's had to start before Fields as well. Dude clearly cannot coach.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
And yet there are rookie QBs who do have situations just as bad if not worse than fields right now and play well. If you think top OCs aren’t gonna watch his film this season and decide if he’s done enough WITH Nagy to come to Chicago instead of somewhere else where they can draft their own QB you’re crazy.

No other coaches are going to essentially write this season off for Justin because Nagy is bad.
Bears are dead last in total yards per game and 2nd to last with points per game. That makes me believe Nagy is worse than other rookies OCs.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are dead last in total yards per game and 2nd to last with points per game. That makes me believe Nagy is worse than other rookies OCs.
Actually he’s regresses every year

October 2020:

Points per game: 19.7 (27th in NFL)

Yards per play: 4.8 (30th)

Yards per run: 3.8 (30th)

Yards per pass: 5.6 (29th)

Interception rate: 3.2 percent (26th)

Third down conversion rate: 35.1% (30th)

First downs/game: 19.7 (27th)

Red zone touchdown rate: 47.6% (29th)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You guys are hilarious picking apart a rookie quarterback, against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, with one week of reps and the pe de resistance, a historically bad coach, setting NFL records for clown man ship.

his sample size is so small and that shit scheme last week, yeah he started so fair game for analysis, but come on man ? He holds on to the ball too long ? Yes at times they all do.

The difference between him and the other guys DRAFTED AHEAD OF HIM is they have had full camps, OTA, preseason and two full games with their respective offenses.

This is a review of a single game not his career or potential.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
October 2020:

Points per game: 19.7 (27th in NFL)

Yards per play: 4.8 (30th)

Yards per run: 3.8 (30th)

Yards per pass: 5.6 (29th)

Interception rate: 3.2 percent (26th)

Third down conversion rate: 35.1% (30th)

First downs/game: 19.7 (27th)

Red zone touchdown rate: 47.6% (29th)
That’s good, right? I wonder how that compared to this year so far.