Fields vs Browns

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yes the NFL has pass rushers and you need to deal with them like getting rid of the ball when someone is open and you are staring at them.
Yes. And on that part, we have agreed. He missed some reads. He held too long.

You went farther into him "lacking development" and "not showing something" *without* accounting for Nagy's role in limiting his ability to do that with a good gameplan and successful adjustments that HS coaches do in my area all the time when facing superior pass rushers.

Sadly, I must step away for a few hours. Don't think I bail on the vortex! My raft is still spinning and my ropes latched and supplies in stock! Hahaha

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think the reason Fields was sacked 9 times and had 1 net yard was because of him holding the ball too long?

Go watch the film and JT Sullivan's analysis. Not all of the sacks were on him but some were. It is quite clear on film.

It is obvious the OL sucked but he played as if he was unaware that they sucked and was waiting instead of just throwing to the first open guy he saw.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I honestly think people here don’t understand that NFL QB’s have to get rid of the ball fairly quickly. It’s like outside of the bears they don’t even watch football so they have no perspective as to the speed in which the QB has pressure around him.

Yeah, the OL sucks. Fields also held the freaking ball way too long. It’s the NFL. This isn’t college. You have to get rid of the ball. Defenders are going to be in your face quick. He sat there flat footed and stared down guys and wouldn’t throw the ball. It’s obvious as day. We all watched the game. If you watched that game and couldn’t see that he was holding the ball way too long then your knowledge of football is seriously lacking. Why would you even argue against that unless you have no clue what you’re seeing when you watch a game? He was way too slow in making decisions. He has to get that cleaned up or he’s never going to make it. You trying your hardest to deflect blame from him doesn’t change anything.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Go watch the film and JT Sullivan's analysis. Not all of the sacks were on him but some were. It is quite clear on film.

It is obvious the OL sucked but he played as if he was unaware that they sucked and was waiting instead of just throwing to the first open guy he saw.
Yeah I really don’t care what one single sports analyst says. Because there are a lot of them with different opinions.

You changed your stance quickly going from Fields holding the ball too long was the reason for the 9 sacks and 1 net yard to “Not all of the sacks were on him”

The OL was god awful, along with Nagys scheme/playcalling. If you don’t think those two reasons were why the Bears played awful last week than I got nothing further to say.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes. And on that part, we have agreed. He missed some reads. He held too long.

You went farther into him "lacking development" and "not showing something" *without* accounting for Nagy's role in limiting his ability to do that with a good gameplan and successful adjustments that HS coaches do in my area all the time when facing superior pass rushers.

Sadly, I must step away for a few hours. Don't think I bail on the vortex! My raft is still spinning and my ropes latched and supplies in stock! Hahaha

The lacking development was how he missed easy reads. You expect a guy to throw to open guys he sees regardless of coach or scheme. So no I am not blaming Nagy for that.

And sorry what did he show you? Against the Bengals he still made money throws and ARob could have had 2 more TDs. He also had a big scramble. That was in Nagy's scheme. The whole point was he was supposed to be capable of making plays despite Nagy and the scheme and he did none of that against the Browns like he did against the Bengals.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
what’s funny about it all is this pretty much comes down peoples trepidation about acknowledging that Fields could any way be fallible. Everyone was running around here (and on tv) talking about how he’s ready and why is Andy Dalton starting. for weeks on end. Then when he plays it’s clear he’s not ready and needs to develop more. but god forbid we acknowledge the shiny new toy may not be perfect in every way. I got it. We’ll blame the coach. Yeah, that’s the ticket. Fire the coach. Maybe that will deflect from the fact that I was wrong about the kid being ready. In fact he was ready, yeah. And it was the coach and everybody around him. It’s all their fault.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I really don’t care what one single sports analyst says. Because there are a lot of them with different opinions.

You changed your stance quickly going from Fields holding the ball too long was the reason for the 9 sacks and 1 net yard to “Not all of the sacks were on him”

The OL was god awful, along with Nagys scheme/playcalling. If you don’t think those two reasons were why the Bears played awful last week than I got nothing further to say.

Nope. Go read the OP. I clearly identify which sacks I thought he could have thrown the ball and which sacks were on the OL.

Nagy and the OL also sucked. That does not absolve Fields.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I honestly think people here don’t understand that NFL QB’s have to get rid of the ball fairly quickly. It’s like outside of the bears they don’t even watch football so they have no perspective as to the speed in which the QB has pressure around him.

Yeah, the OL sucks. Fields also held the freaking ball way too long. It’s the NFL. This isn’t college. You have to get rid of the ball. Defenders are going to be in your face quick. He sat there flat footed and stared down guys and wouldn’t throw the ball. It’s obvious as day. We all watched the game. If you watched that game and couldn’t see that he was holding the ball way too long then your knowledge of football is seriously lacking. Why would you even argue against that unless you have no clue what you’re seeing when you watch a game? He was way too slow in making decisions. He has to get that cleaned up or he’s never going to make it. You trying your hardest to deflect blame from him doesn’t change anything.
And there is also arguments to be made that Nagys scheme and play calling didnt allow Fields to get rid of the ball quick enough. By your comment, you make it seem Fields had someone open on every single drop back. I agree he held onto the ball too long on some of those drop backs, but a lot of it comes down to the OL and Nagy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Nope. Go read the OP. I clearly identify which sacks I thought he could have thrown the ball and which sacks were on the OL.
I don’t need to read the OP. You have your thoughts and I got mine. A breakdown by you won’t change that.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
what’s funny about it all is this pretty much comes down peoples trepidation about acknowledging that Fields could any way be fallible. Everyone was running around here (and on tv) talking about how he’s ready and why is Andy Dalton starting. for weeks on end. Then when he plays it’s clear he’s not ready and needs to develop more. but god forbid we acknowledge the shiny new toy may not be perfect in every way. I got it. We’ll blame the coach. Yeah, that’s the ticket. Fire the coach. Maybe that will deflect from the fact that I was wrong about the kid being ready. In fact he was ready, yeah. And it was the coach and everybody around him. It’s all their fault.
A lot of posters on here who have supported Fields has said he needs to develop more. They also agree that he needs to play to develop and know he’s not perfect. How can you not blame Nagy on that game?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A lot of posters on here who have supported Fields has said he needs to develop more. They also agree that he needs to play to develop and know he’s not perfect. How can you not blame Nagy on that game?
Dont bother arguing with him. He's a bitter Trubisexual who is still mad at some of us because we didn't give Mitch 60 games to learn how to play QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t need to read the OP. You have your thoughts and I got mine. A breakdown by you won’t change that.

I was referring to your claim that I blamed all 9 on Fields. I did not. The OP details the sacks I blamed him for. It was not all of them.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Did you even watch the browns game yet? I know you said you missed it live
I winded up watching it, but shouldn’t have. I’m not disagreeing that Fields didn’t hold onto the ball, but there were bigger issues than that.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Nagy and the OL also sucked. That does not absolve Fields.
I was basing it off the one comment in which I first responded too. I never said it absolves Fields, just think they were the bigger issue over Fields.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
@EDPeezy is a moron, but @remydat is actually making legit points. The JT O'Sullivan video is a good watch. He puts the blame where it goes pretty well but also believes strongly in Fields still and thinks Nagy runs a dated system that doesn't help a young qb succeed who very well could succeed if the coach was making things easier.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I winded up watching it, but shouldn’t have. I’m not disagreeing that Fields didn’t hold onto the ball, but there were bigger issues than that.
Well of course there’s bigger issues. The problem is Fields was advertised as NFL ready, and he should be expected to live up to that. There are many many rookie QBs who have played behind lines just as bad the one we have with coaches as bad as Nagy, and they didn’t get sacked 9 times in one game. Deshaun immediately comes to mind. So does Herbert.

Nagy is as good as gone after this season but Justin isn’t.

The biggest concern I have after that game is why does Justin look so gun shy in the pocket? His confidence was one of his biggest selling points where is it?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Well of course there’s bigger issues. The problem is Fields was advertised as NFL ready, and he should be expected to live up to that. There are many many rookie QBs who have played behind lines just as bad the one we have with coaches as bad as Nagy, and they didn’t get sacked 9 times in one game. Deshaun immediately comes to mind.

Nagy is as good as gone after this season but Justin isn’t.

The biggest concern I have after that game is why does Justin look so gun shy in the pocket? His confidence was one of his biggest selling points where is it?
I'm really not concerned about fields, he's smart and an incredibly hard worker. He appears to be a guy who will be even more motivated by failure. What I am worried about is the bears being competent enough to hire a coach who can teach him how to process things quickly and efficiently at this level.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was basing it off the one comment in which I first responded too. I never said it absolves Fields, just think they were the bigger issue over Fields.

Yes and I am telling you that you missed the context where I already explained which sacks I thought he had some blame.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm really not concerned about fields, he's smart and an incredibly hard worker. He appears to be a guy who will be even more motivated by failure. What I am worried about is the bears being competent enough to hire a coach who can teach him how to process things quickly and efficiently at this level.

All of the problems look fixable as again he was staring at the open guy. Just needs to let it rip for better or worse.