Liked Posts:
1[1] Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Trevor Lawrence [Clemson]
1[2] NY Jets: QB Zach Wilson [BYU]
1[3] San Francisco 49ers [Mia]: QB Mac Jones [Alabama]
1[4] Atlanta Falcons: TE Kyle Pitts [Florida]
1[5] Cincinnati Bengals: WR Ja'Mar Chase [LSU]
1[6] Miami Dolphins: OT Penei Sewell [Oregon]
1[7] Denver Broncos [Det]: QB Trey Lance [NDSU]

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 1[20], 3[83], 1[2022] to the Carolina Panthers for 1[8]

1[8] QB Justin Fields [Ohio St] 6'3" 230lbs.

If you do not have a QB in the NFL you are 100% irrelevant. The Bears can deal with improving OT, CB, WR3 after they have a QB in the building worth developing and who can be elite.

article-696x392-5f3b6bf011be204e25b6cb92477e9950.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[52] to the Kansas City Chiefs for 2[58] and 4[144]. The Bears need to recoup picks, even if they are on day 3. They need to add bodies to weather the trade for Fields and Pace's cap mismanagement.

2[58] WR Dyami Brown [UNC] 6'1" 195lbs.

This may be a CB, but Nagy and his staff have so much riding on getting the offense going and adding a dynamic WR3 seems to fit more with the need to show more on offense than a CB. Brown adds more speed and is a true downfield threat. He has averaged 20 ypc over his last 100 catches and was a very productive deep threat for the Tar Heels. The Bears simply do not have enough speed on offense and it has allowed teams to crowd the line. Now with Mooney, Goodwin, Brown, they are starting to assemble a track team that can flat out fly. Mitch was a terrible deep ball thrower, with Dalton and eventually Fields you have QBs who are much better at spinning the ball deep. The Bears need more explosive and chunk plays and they need more dynamic speed to do that.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2021%2F02%2F13304986-850x560.jpeg

4[144] CB Keith Taylor [Washington] 6'2" 195lbs.

A lomg outside CB that comes from a well coached defense. He also had a nice Senior Bowl and seems ideally suited to play some press man for the Bears defense. Taylor can come in and compete with Trufant and at a minimum give the Bears a high upside developmental player at a position of need. The main issue with Taylor is that he does not have a lot of ball production and that element of his game is going to need to take a step forward in the NFL. The Bears are not going to be able to add a top end CB to the group after releasing Fuller, but they can provide themselves with a number of options.

KeithTaylor.jpg

5[164] OT Dan Moore [Texas A&M] 6'6" 309lbs.

The Bears have bigger 2021 needs than OT and with a need to show something this season they may move OT down the list, but they need to add young, high upside, developmental options to the group and finally start developing someone to take Leno's job. In the NFL, even more so with a young QB, you cannot run out of OTs. If they are pressured bad habits develop. Moore has a ton of physical tools. He has good height, length and power. He looks like a starting NFL OT with some more experience and coaching.

usatsi_11240769.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade WR Anthony Miller to the Baltimore Ravens for 5[177]

5[177] TE Tre McKitty [Georgia] 6'4" 247lbs.

Jimmy Graham is old and over paid. I think he is likely still on the roster because they simply do not have anyone to fill his role. This means they need to start the process of developing his replacement and we know TEs take time to develop. McKitty has the athletic tools to be the U TE in this system. The fact that he is a solid blocker is just a bonus. McKitty just has not produced a ton. He transferred from Florida St and then got replaced by a 5 star recruit. I think there is some untapped potential here that has been blocked by circumstance.

Tre-McKitty-NFL-Draft.jpg

6[204] WR Trevon Grimes [Florida] 6'4" 217lbs.

Grimes is not an elite athlete like the smaller and faster guys that have been added. What Grimes has is size and physicality. He is a high point catcher and a really effective run blocker. Grimes should be able to fill a role on special teams with his size and the way that he wants to play. This is some insurance for the red zone if Allen Robinson gets injured.

trevon-grimes.jpg

6[208] DE Khris Tonga [BYU] 6'4" 327lbs.

I am not sure Hick is guaranteed to be on the roster this season and for sure not in 2022. The Bears need to add a big bodied DT to the team that can play some NT and develop as a rotational option more for 2022 than 2021.

KhyirisTonga_2019_byucougars.jpg

6[221] Jimmy Morrisey [Pitt] 6'3" 300lbs.

The Bears have a lot of Cs on the roster that are better at OG and they need to ensure that an injury to Musitpher doesn't cause a massive line shift. Morrisey is a lunch pale type of pivot with good size and movement skills. He is a solid pass protector and based on his experience should hopefully be able to make the active roster. He had a really impressive 3 cone time, which is a good test when it comes to playing C in a zone heavy scheme. With this expensive new QB the Bears can simply not go to the street or the PR to start guys in front of him.

3389383_web1_gtr-morrisseyKO-112520.jpg

6[228] CB Tre Norwood [OU] 5'11" 190lbs.

Ryan Pace likes to double dip on day 2 at need positions and Norwood is an experienced slot CB that has dealt with some injuries. The Bears are clearly going with an inexperienced NB in 2022 and by adding Norwood you have a battle between him, Shelley, and Vildor. That gives you options and depth, which you have to have if you don't have a locked in starter.

https%3A%2F%2Fstormininnorman.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1046703904-850x560.jpeg

Depth Chart

QB: Dalton, Fields
RB: Montgomery, Cohen, Williams, Pierce
WR: Robinson, Mooney, Brown, Goodwin, Ridley, Grimes
TE: Kmet, Graham, McKitty, Holtz
LT: Leno, Moore
LG: Whitehair
C: Mustipher, Morrisey
RG: Daniels, Bars
RT: Ifedi, Wilkerson

RE: Nichols, Edwards
NT: Goldman, Tonga
LE: Hicks, Blackson
OLB: Attouchu, Quinn, Gipson
ILB: Smith, Woods
ILB: Trevathan, Jones, Iggy
OLB: Mack, Vaughters
CB: Johnson, Trufant/Taylor, Vildor/Shelley/Norwood
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Gipson, Bush

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 1[20], 3[83], 1[2022] to the Carolina Panthers for 1[8]

Pace would probably get fleeced for more and would want an extra 6th back

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think its an excellent prediction that if Fields slips the Bears will try to make a move for him. I like his floor better than Trey Lance.

The only issue I have with Fields is, forgive me, he has a similar skill set of Trubisky in that he throws on the run well and he likes to take off. Nagy hates to run that type of offense and consistently failed to do that for Trubisky. Can Nagy sculpt an offense for his newly acquired QB?

Still, a trade like this would bring a ton of excitement to Chicago and it doesn't mortgage the future. This would be a real dream scenario for Chicago.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the mock Windy. If Nagy acquires a QB, I have a feeling he will want a high processing pocket QB, that is just what it seems like he wants for his system. That feels more like a Trask or Mond.

Was interesting that Nagy attended Fields second pro day, but he just doesn't seem to value a QB that can run the ball. Even in free agency (Foles/Dalton) he didn't have any interest in mobility.

But who the hell knows. A QB that talented drops and Pace pulls the trigger regardless.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If our draft fell like this mock i'm posting without doing any trades i'd be a very happy man. Not sure E.Moore makes it to #52 but ya never know. I'm not too keen on taking J.Newman in the 5th but he's worth taking a look at especially in the 5th round but i'm not a fan after the senior bowl.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the Grimes pick. I still think they're going to go big body somewhere 3/5th Hicks still isn't out of the woods as far as not being cut. EDIT: missed your 6th rounder.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This is the kind of move the Bears have to make so I like it.

My real concern would be Fields getting to 8 and then the Panthers just drafting him themselves.

With the Pats, WFT, and Broncos looming for a trade up, I think they have to get to 4, 5, or 6 if they want to be absolutely certain they walk away with one of those top guys.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
This is the best mock you've done in my opinion. Fields is halfway realistic. A trade up with Carolina makes sense, doesn't cost the terrible fortune that a trade with Atlanta does, and I like the idea of increasing team speed.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

If you do not have a QB in the NFL you are 100% irrelevant. The Bears can deal with improving OT, CB, WR3 after they have a QB in the building worth developing and who can be elite.

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[52] to the Kansas City Chiefs for 2[58] and 4[144]. The Bears need to recoup picks, even if they are on day 3. They need to add bodies to weather the trade for Fields and Pace's cap mismanagement.

This may be a CB, but Nagy and his staff have so much riding on getting the offense going and adding a dynamic WR3 seems to fit more with the need to show more on offense than a CB. Brown adds more speed and is a true downfield threat. He has averaged 20 ypc over his last 100 catches and was a very productive deep threat for the Tar Heels. The Bears simply do not have enough speed on offense and it has allowed teams to crowd the line. Now with Mooney, Goodwin, Brown, they are starting to assemble a track team that can flat out fly. Mitch was a terrible deep ball thrower, with Dalton and eventually Fields you have QBs who are much better at spinning the ball deep. The Bears need more explosive and chunk plays and they need more dynamic speed to do that.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2021%2F02%2F13304986-850x560.jpeg

A lomg outside CB that comes from a well coached defense. He also had a nice Senior Bowl and seems ideally suited to play some press man for the Bears defense. Taylor can come in and compete with Trufant and at a minimum give the Bears a high upside developmental player at a position of need. The main issue with Taylor is that he does not have a lot of ball production and that element of his game is going to need to take a step forward in the NFL. The Bears are not going to be able to add a top end CB to the group after releasing Fuller, but they can provide themselves with a number of options.

KeithTaylor.jpg

The Bears have bigger 2021 needs than OT and with a need to show something this season they may move OT down the list, but they need to add young, high upside, developmental options to the group and finally start developing someone to take Leno's job. In the NFL, even more so with a young QB, you cannot run out of OTs. If they are pressured bad habits develop. Moore has a ton of physical tools. He has good height, length and power. He looks like a starting NFL OT with some more experience and coaching.

usatsi_11240769.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade WR Anthony Miller to the Baltimore Ravens for 5[177]

Jimmy Graham is old and over paid. I think he is likely still on the roster because they simply do not have anyone to fill his role. This means they need to start the process of developing his replacement and we know TEs take time to develop. McKitty has the athletic tools to be the U TE in this system. The fact that he is a solid blocker is just a bonus. McKitty just has not produced a ton. He transferred from Florida St and then got replaced by a 5 star recruit. I think there is some untapped potential here that has been blocked by circumstance.

Grimes is not an elite athlete like the smaller and faster guys that have been added. What Grimes has is size and physicality. He is a high point catcher and a really effective run blocker. Grimes should be able to fill a role on special teams with his size and the way that he wants to play. This is some insurance for the red zone if Allen Robinson gets injured.

trevon-grimes.jpg

I am not sure Hick is guaranteed to be on the roster this season and for sure not in 2022. The Bears need to add a big bodied DT to the team that can play some NT and develop as a rotational option more for 2022 than 2021.

The Bears have a lot of Cs on the roster that are better at OG and they need to ensure that an injury to Musitpher doesn't cause a massive line shift. Morrisey is a lunch pale type of pivot with good size and movement skills. He is a solid pass protector and based on his experience should hopefully be able to make the active roster. He had a really impressive 3 cone time, which is a good test when it comes to playing C in a zone heavy scheme. With this expensive new QB the Bears can simply not go to the street or the PR to start guys in front of him.

Ryan Pace likes to double dip on day 2 at need positions and Norwood is an experienced slot CB that has dealt with some injuries. The Bears are clearly going with an inexperienced NB in 2022 and by adding Norwood you have a battle between him, Shelley, and Vildor. That gives you options and depth, which you have to have if you don't have a locked in starter.

https%3A%2F%2Fstormininnorman.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1046703904-850x560.jpeg

Depth Chart

Talking heads are going wild this morning about Fields' slipping out of the top 10. What the hell is going on?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Trading up for tablescraps/the 5th QB option in the draft (within the top 10 picks of the 1st round) is how stupid/bad teams remain stupid/bad, and ultimately irrelevant for a long time.

Ignoring the OL again, especially suggesting the bears don't need to upgrade OT when they have two severely flawed, below-average at-best starters because "there are other needs" shows a gross lack of understanding how to win football games--fitting Ryan Pace's MO.

I'm now curious who Carolina is taking with a top 5-7 pick of 2022.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
This mock is realistic. Good chance Jimmy G ends up with NE and Bridgewater ends up with Denver taking both out of the trade up market for a QB. That leaves Wash. There is a higher chance we have a worse record than Wash next year. Good chance Carolina picks our offer over Wash.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Pace would probably get fleeced for more and would want an extra 6th back

Saw something on ESPN about every trade up for a QB for like the last 25 trades went for more than the "draft chart" said it should. So since everyone knows Pace is trading up for a QB I would fully expect him to have to pay more than the "chart".

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think NE is gonna trade up for Fields. As much as I'd like to see it, I wouldn't get your hopes up about CHI getting a QB in the top 15 picks.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Trading up for tablescraps/the 5th QB option in the draft (within the top 10 picks of the 1st round) is how stupid/bad teams remain stupid/bad, and ultimately irrelevant for a long time.

Ignoring the OL again, especially suggesting the bears don't need to upgrade OT when they have two severely flawed, below-average at-best starters because "there are other needs" shows a gross lack of understanding how to win football games--fitting Ryan Pace's MO.

KC traded up for the table scraps QB a few years ago. Fields skill set is elite and he has every chance to be the best QB in this class.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

And when Fields ends ups elsewhere and proves to be one of the better QBs from this class we'll here nothing but crickets from you. Anywho a QB, whoever it maybe is affectively a reset. If the bears can't pick up an OT in year one of a rookies campaign it wouldn't be the end of the world.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

KeithTaylor.jpg

usatsi_11240769.jpg

trevon-grimes.jpg

Depth Chart

This isn't a terrible trade up, but, I just don't see why Carolina wouldn't draft Fields for themselves. I know that they have Sam Darnold, but I'm not sure they'd pass on Fields.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This isn't a terrible trade up, but, I just don't see why Carolina wouldn't draft Fields for themselves. I know that they have Sam Darnold, but I'm not sure they'd pass on Fields.
They might still draft a QB but why give up 3 picks for Sam Darnold then? They could have easily kept those draft picks they gave up for him.