Fire Sale!

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still cant believe CO the homer and kool aid drinking CCS Tool is still talking about Soriano, yet when I bring it up Poodski threatens to leave....priceless shit.

Never threatened to leave, but like I said before Soriano is brought up into every thread.

I just wanted to know if your goal was me leaving.

Does anyone know why a team would take out their outfielder (Soriano) for a replacement in close games if he was good? :rolleyes:

There are probably 3? good defensive LF'ers in the game (Sam Fuld, Carl Crawford and Matt Holliday) and Carl Crawford doesn't even count because he plays LF in Fenway which is about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop.

LF is where bad defenders play (well that and 1B), its not because they are good at defense if they were they would play elsewhere.

As far as him being replaced well he is replaced by a better defender. If you have a guy like Reed Johnson on the bench and you are winning there is no reason not to replace Soriano. Just because Soriano is adequate for a defensive LF'er doesn't mean he is a good defender or shouldn't be replaced by someone.

I don't understand what part of this concept is so hard to understand. I really don't.

Go back to PSD CO.

Rush, do you really want your mods saying things like this?

I don't know why you got so butt hurt over a few things like you have. You have turned from being a pretty cool dude to a guy that seems like he wants everyone who doesn't agree with you to leave.

There are plenty of stats out there that show that Soriano isn't a liability on defense. It has more to do with his peers than it does his fielding ability. Peers are the only thing that matters. If a guy is hitting 330/400/530 but his peers are all hitting 370/500/750 then he isn't a valuable piece. If a player is hitting 200/250/250 but his peers are hitting 150/175/180 then he is a valuable piece. It's about looking at the big picture rather than just one individual player. Soriano is a pretty horrible defender, but luckily for us so is just about every other LF'er in baseball.

As far as Prior and Peavy you were trying to argue something completely different. Overall career sure Peavy was better than Prior but thats because he pitches twice as long. Just like Tim Wakefield and Jamie Moyer have had better careers but I wouldn't take them over Peavy or Prior. The only stats Peavy has over Prior are counting stats. Rate stats are completely in favor of Prior.

Quentin and Fukudome, well that really shouldn't even have been an argument. Quentin has been good all of once, Fukudome at least has value each year. If you are getting 2008 (or from the looks of it 2011) Quentin then sure he is better than Fukudome, but he is also better than a LOT of players. People (like you) keep talking about Soto's consistency (which is fully warranted), but yet you would take a player whose ups and downs are much higher and much lower, over a player who has gotten better each year since coming to America and has been fairly consistent (people talk how he collapses in the 2nd half each year but in reality his OPS in the first half of seasons in his career has been 787 and in the 2nd half its 773 and that first half is a little bit higher than going into the season due to his .806 OPS on the season).

Soto and Posey/Mauer is another one. All I said (since I started the whole shit show) was that Soto is one year removed from being the best offensive catcher. Which he was. Would I take him over Posey or Mauer? No. Or V-Mart or Carlos Santana or Brian McCann and the list can go on. But in 2010 he was the best offensive catcher. Mauer was worth more but thats because he played in a ton more games.

People need to read what is said not what they think was said.

You and many other posters just pick one word out of a LONG argument and run with it. Which is what I am sure you will do with all of this.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can sit here and name all these "defensive stats" in the world. Do you watch him play. He has lost the Cubs games because of his defense. Misplaying routine fly balls or showing a lack of hustle. I look at everything from a coaches perspective so if I have a guy that is screwing us because he isn't playing good defense, why would I not take him out when the game is on the line. Keep throwing out your sabermetrics saying he is a top defender. The rest of us can watch the game and know that he isn't.

Just a question but do you watch what the other 29 left fielders are doing on defense as well?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can sit here and name all these "defensive stats" in the world. Do you watch him play. He has lost the Cubs games because of his defense. Misplaying routine fly balls or showing a lack of hustle. I look at everything from a coaches perspective so if I have a guy that is screwing us because he isn't playing good defense, why would I not take him out when the game is on the line. Keep throwing out your sabermetrics saying he is a top defender. The rest of us can watch the game and know that he isn't.

Yes I do watch him play and I agree, it's ugly. However, that does not mean he is bad. If he gets the job done, it doesn't matter. Soriano does get the job done. I have not once said that he is a top defender. I said he is a good LFer defensively. He is also just a good all around LFer.

Watch the game all you want, but your eyes are biased and not giving you the complete picture.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never threatened to leave, but like I said before Soriano is brought up into every thread.

There are probably 3? good defensive LF'ers in the game (Sam Fuld, Carl Crawford and Matt Holliday) and Carl Crawford doesn't even count because he plays LF in Fenway which is about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop.

LF is where bad defenders play (well that and 1B), its not because they are good at defense if they were they would play elsewhere.

As far as him being replaced well he is replaced by a better defender. If you have a guy like Reed Johnson on the bench and you are winning there is no reason not to replace Soriano. Just because Soriano is adequate for a defensive LF'er doesn't mean he is a good defender or shouldn't be replaced by someone.

I don't understand what part of this concept is so hard to understand. I really don't.

I don't know why you got so butt hurt over a few things like you have. You have turned from being a pretty cool dude to a guy that seems like he wants everyone who doesn't agree with you to leave.

There are plenty of stats out there that show that Soriano isn't a liability on defense. It has more to do with his peers than it does his fielding ability. Peers are the only thing that matters. If a guy is hitting 330/400/530 but his peers are all hitting 370/500/750 then he isn't a valuable piece. If a player is hitting 200/250/250 but his peers are hitting 150/175/180 then he is a valuable piece. It's about looking at the big picture rather than just one individual player. Soriano is a pretty horrible defender, but luckily for us so is just about every other LF'er in baseball.

As far as Prior and Peavy you were trying to argue something completely different. Overall career sure Peavy was better than Prior but thats because he pitches twice as long. Just like Tim Wakefield and Jamie Moyer have had better careers but I wouldn't take them over Peavy or Prior. The only stats Peavy has over Prior are counting stats. Rate stats are completely in favor of Prior.

Quentin and Fukudome, well that really shouldn't even have been an argument. Quentin has been good all of once, Fukudome at least has value each year. If you are getting 2008 (or from the looks of it 2011) Quentin then sure he is better than Fukudome, but he is also better than a LOT of players. People (like you) keep talking about Soto's consistency (which is fully warranted), but yet you would take a player whose ups and downs are much higher and much lower, over a player who has gotten better each year since coming to America and has been fairly consistent (people talk how he collapses in the 2nd half each year but in reality his OPS in the first half of seasons in his career has been 787 and in the 2nd half its 773 and that first half is a little bit higher than going into the season due to his .806 OPS on the season).

Soto and Posey/Mauer is another one. All I said (since I started the whole shit show) was that Soto is one year removed from being the best offensive catcher. Which he was. Would I take him over Posey or Mauer? No. Or V-Mart or Carlos Santana or Brian McCann and the list can go on. But in 2010 he was the best offensive catcher. Mauer was worth more but thats because he played in a ton more games.

You and many other posters just pick one word out of a LONG argument and run with it. Which is what I am sure you will do with all of this.

:rolleyes: @ bold. who cares if I tell him to go back to PSD? Really? That is going to hurt your butt....me telling your boy to leave? cmon now, this isnt pre school. I said it and stand by it.

I didnt bring up soriano again, it is CO still talking about it and holding his balls. threatening to leave the site because people bring up Soriano is flat out Special person on your part.

PS- love how the past threads went from soriano being a good outfielder to he is a good outfielder because he is compared to other LFs being bad.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: @ bold. who cares if I tell him to go back to PSD? Really? That is going to hurt your butt....me telling your boy to leave? cmon now, this isnt pre school. I said it and stand by it.

You can feel that way, but if I ran a site I wouldn't want my staff member of the year telling people to leave the site.

I didnt bring up soriano again, it is CO still talking about it and holding his balls. threatening to leave the site because people bring up Soriano is flat out Special person on your part.

CO didnt bring it up, it was Cubbies4ever like I said earlier it gets brought up in any thread that CO posts in.

And I didnt threaten to leave at all over Soriano. I just asked if you wanted me to leave. Like you do CO.

PS- love how the past threads went from soriano being a good outfielder to he is a good outfielder because he is compared to other LFs being bad.

That's all it ever was. Go back and read how it all started. LF are garbage defenders. If you don't compare them to their peers what are you comparing them to? How do you know whats good or bad unless you have other things to compare it with. Good, bad, average, elite, terrible are all a matter of context.

The average ERA in the NL right now is 3.80. In 2004 the AL average was 4.64. A pretty big difference. A 4.5 ERA in the AL in 2004 was good. A 4.5 ERA in the NL now is not so good. It is all about context you can't decide by just looking at someone if they are good you have to look at everything.

And when compared to other left fielders Soriano is not a liability defensively.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can feel that way, but if I ran a site I wouldn't want my staff member of the year telling people to leave the site.

CO didnt bring it up, it was Cubbies4ever like I said earlier it gets brought up in any thread that CO posts in.

And I didnt threaten to leave at all over Soriano. I just asked if you wanted me to leave. Like you do CO.

That's all it ever was. Go back and read how it all started. LF are garbage defenders. If you don't compare them to their peers what are you comparing them to? How do you know whats good or bad unless you have other things to compare it with. Good, bad, average, elite, terrible are all a matter of context.

The average ERA in the NL right now is 3.80. In 2004 the AL average was 4.64. A pretty big difference. A 4.5 ERA in the AL in 2004 was good. A 4.5 ERA in the NL now is not so good. It is all about context you can't decide by just looking at someone if they are good you have to look at everything.

And when compared to other left fielders Soriano is not a liability defensively.

Bold 1- that is your opinion. I will tell someone to leave especially when they have threatened to leave before I have even told them to leave.

Bold 2- compare how many times I tell you to leave to how many times i tell CO to leave.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:

I liked this simply as the fact that you said poopy flavored lollipop.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gona have part 2 posted tomorrow..trade scenarios and which teams could be interested... It's a longer post and I got tired and lazy so I'll finish it tomorrow and post it. :)