Fire Sale!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still cant believe CO the homer and kool aid drinking CCS Tool is still talking about Soriano, yet when I bring it up Poodski threatens to leave....priceless shit.

Does anyone know why a team would take out their outfielder (Soriano) for a replacement in close games if he was good? :rolleyes:

Go back to PSD CO.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still cant believe CO the homer and kool aid drinking CCS Tool is still talking about Soriano, yet when I bring it up Poodski threatens to leave....priceless shit.

Does anyone know why a team would take out their outfielder (Soriano) for a replacement in close games if he was good? :rolleyes:

Go back to PSD CO.

I think co enjoys being able to actually post here instead of dealing with the Nazis of psd

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think co enjoys being able to actually post here instead of dealing with the Nazis of psd

Well, he is a grammar nazi after all
Grammar_Nazi_Logo.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That term has no weight coming from you. :smug2:

Magically almost all Cub fans become homers

farthest thing from a homer. but thats right I forgot, I must be because I believe Peavy>Prior even though I hate Peavy, (who is pitching against the cubs on Wednesday) (Prior...when was the last time he has pitch in the majors) and I prefer to have CQ over dome....so I guess I am homer.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK Braun has 99% fielding percentage for his career, and Soriano has 97%. Braun is a better LF than Soriano.

Great basis for your argument. That's like saying the best quarterback is the one with the lowest interception rate, or the best basketball defender is the one with the fewest fouls. It's far from the most important thing.

Go back to PSD CO.

Go back to the Sox forum.

Lou Pinella is also the guy who played Koyie Hill over Soto. So yeah, Soriano must be a terrible defender, just like Koyie Hill is better than Soto. Dumbass.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Great basis for your argument. That's like saying the best quarterback is the one with the lowest interception rate, or the best basketball defender is the one with the fewest fouls. It's far from the most important thing.

Go back to the Sox forum.

Lou Pinella is also the guy who played Koyie Hill over Soto. So yeah, Soriano must be a terrible defender, just like Koyie Hill is better than Soto. Dumbass.

LOL, Who are you to decide who is a dumbass and who is not... prejudice bro. Come on. DewsSox79 is good peoples, and he isn't having anti-Cubs rants. I bet you are jealous that Dews is a mod or something, because you hate him for no other reason than because he never agrees with you in debates.

The whole point of this post is summed up if you put the bolded/underlined letters together.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Yeah that generally is true. Braun is better than Soriano period.

Soriano just got taken out Friday for Reed Johnson and Johnson made an amazing sliding catch into the LF wall. Tell me that Soriano would have made that play, because he wouldn't of.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, Who are you to decide who is a dumbass and who is not... prejudice bro. Come on. DewsSox79 is good peoples, and he isn't having anti-Cubs rants. I bet you are jealous that Dews is a mod or something, because you hate him for no other reason than because he never agrees with you in debates.

Perhaps if he ever backed up what he says with something, it would be different. I don't hate him because he disagrees with me. In fact, I like that, if makes things interesting. But it's not interesting when he calls me a Special person, a kool-aid drinking CCS tool, et cetera, but then never backs his points up with anything. It's a fucking joke.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Perhaps if he ever backed up what he says with something, it would be different. I don't hate him because he disagrees with me. In fact, I like that, if makes things interesting. But it's not interesting when he calls me a Special person, a kool-aid drinking CCS tool, et cetera, but then never backs his points up with anything. It's a fucking joke.

Isn't the bolded text what you do to everyone else anyway?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that generally is true. Braun is better than Soriano period.

How is Braun a better defender than Soriano? You bring one stat, FP, and act like it's the end-all, be-all stat. Yet weren't you the one who got on me for saying that Soto is better than Posey and Mauer based off of OPS? If I can't use one stat, why can you?

Soriano just got taken out Friday for Reed Johnson and Johnson made an amazing sliding catch into the LF wall. Tell me that Soriano would have made that play, because he wouldn't of.

Just because Soriano wouldn't have made that catch, that doesn't make Soriano a bad LFer. Johnson is by far a better defender. Reed is an average CF, so yeah, he should be making all kinds of plays in LF. Doesn't make Soriano a bad left fielder though.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How is Braun a better defender than Soriano? You bring one stat, FP, and act like it's the end-all, be-all stat. Yet weren't you the one who got on me for saying that Soto is better than Posey and Mauer based off of OPS? If I can't use one stat, why can you?

Just because Soriano wouldn't have made that catch, that doesn't make Soriano a bad LFer. Johnson is by far a better defender. Reed is an average CF, so yeah, he should be making all kinds of plays in LF. Doesn't make Soriano a bad left fielder though.

Not what I'm saying about Braun...if I had the choice between Braun and Soriano for LF, I'd take Braun a million times over, despite his weaknesses defensively. I wasn't the one who got on you for that, I think it was FT.

Which is why Soriano was benched. A) He's not that good B) There are way better options than him now.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not what I'm saying about Braun...if I had the choice between Braun and Soriano, I'd take Braun a million times over. I wasn't the one who got on you for that, I think it was FT.

Which is why Soriano was benched. A) He's not that good B) There are way better options than him now.

Who is saying that they wouldn't take Braun over Soriano? Everyone should take Braun of Soriano. You'd be stupid not to. However, Soriano is the better defender.

He is a good LFer. Just because he was taken out for a superior defender, does not mean that he is bad. He is the weakest out of our 3 OFers, as well he should be. He plays LF, that's where you put your weakest OFer.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Never backing it up? I can think of atleast 3 people here who have posted enough to back up our claims. Are you that dense? Open your fucking eyes bro and realize UZR isnt this perfect NON STAT, again a stat is something known to be true, but you probably forgot that already. Maybe its his range factor...:rolleyes: Get a fucking clue. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize he is a bad fielder, but I guess you know more than quade and pinella and you would probably leave him in and not sub for a defensive replacement which is what the cubs do and have been doing......I dont think that soriano is limited to a certain number of innings per game in his contract, he gets pulled because he is bad. Now go play with the NON STAT of UZR and prove your case on other players. All you are is an apologist, and one who lives with false hope. If you ever decide to get into the business world, you will get chewed up alive.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama::turrible:

Soto has never been a beast Albert Pujols is a beast Soto not so much. Everything you say doesn't make any sense Sori a good LF is comical same with Darwin. Same with your argument if we get Prince he will solve all the issues. You truly are a homer saying that Soto is a beast and that we would be a contender with Fielder truly :turrible:

Soriano is not a good left fielder.

So would you rather have Soto up to bat in a game winning situation or Posey/Mauer..... hmmm i'll take the latter. I like Soto but he isn't better than Mauer/Posey

Fonso is a shity defender bottom line

Yes Dewey, this is really backing a point up.

OK Braun has 99% fielding percentage for his career, and Soriano has 97%. Braun is a better LF than Soriano.

This is the only thing close to backing up the point.

Never backing it up? I can think of atleast 3 people here who have posted enough to back up our claims. Are you that dense? Open your fucking eyes bro and realize UZR isnt this perfect NON STAT, again a stat is something known to be true, but you probably forgot that already. Maybe its his range factor...:rolleyes: Get a fucking clue. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize he is a bad fielder, but I guess you know more than quade and pinella and you would probably leave him in and not sub for a defensive replacement which is what the cubs do and have been doing......I dont think that soriano is limited to a certain number of innings per game in his contract, he gets pulled because he is bad. Now go play with the NON STAT of UZR and prove your case on other players. All you are is an apologist, and one who lives with false hope. If you ever decide to get into the business world, you will get chewed up alive.

Please name these 3 people.

It's not *just* UZR. It's a culmination of UZR, Range-Factor, DRS, RZR, TZL, hell every defensive stat I can find either points to him being average or at the top. This leads me to conclude that he is somewhere in between. I have posted so many different stats and when they are ALL pointing in the same direction, I have to think something is right there.

I'm glad to know that you have determined my fate in the business world based off of a baseball forum.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes Dewey, this is really backing a point up.

This is the only thing close to backing up the point.

Please name these 3 people.

It's not *just* UZR. It's a culmination of UZR, Range-Factor, DRS, RZR, TZL, hell every defensive stat I can find either points to him being average or at the top. This leads me to conclude that he is somewhere in between. I have posted so many different stats and when they are ALL pointing in the same direction, I have to think something is right there.

I'm glad to know that you have determined my fate in the business world based off of a baseball forum.

You can sit here and name all these "defensive stats" in the world. Do you watch him play. He has lost the Cubs games because of his defense. Misplaying routine fly balls or showing a lack of hustle. I look at everything from a coaches perspective so if I have a guy that is screwing us because he isn't playing good defense, why would I not take him out when the game is on the line. Keep throwing out your sabermetrics saying he is a top defender. The rest of us can watch the game and know that he isn't.