First 3 rounds of 2017 draft

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think 2 nets us the most talent, but we'd likely be stuck with Cutler for another year while Falk developed. 5 is probably what most people are going to like. Snag Kizer, then an OL and a CB. 3 huge needs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1[2] QB DeShaun Watson [Clemson]

2[34] OT Conor McDermott [UCLA]

3[66] TE Jordan Leggett [Clemson]

Do not over think it, this draft is about getting the next QB and making sure he is successful.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We should be the first team to draft a QB with every pick we have.... I mean odds are one of them gotta wind up being NFL capable right?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We should be the first team to draft a QB with every pick we have.... I mean odds are one of them gotta wind up being NFL capable right?

I'm not opposed to releasing Cutler and then drafting two QBs and letting them battle it out.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is not even that crazy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not opposed to releasing Cutler and then drafting two QBs and letting them battle it out.

Couldn't disagree more. Ultimately any QB you draft is not coming from a pro system. I just don't see how it's beneficial to have two rookies split reps while learning a pro system.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Trade down for depth, we need depth. We have the QB of the future on the roster already. Foolz.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Be just like the Grossman/Orton war. The board would explode

This is a terrible example giving their recent performance, but Washington did it with RG3/Cousins. RG3 looked good until he was broken and I thought Kirk played well last year. Hasn't looked great so far this year though. It's not a terrible strategy, I just hope the Bears can scout two good QBs as opposed to one bust and one mediocre QB lol.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

NO.... we draft 7 QBs and bring all of them to TC who survive OTAs..... we are bound to lose 2 of them in OTAs or TC/Pre-Season.... then you got 5 left of which you try to narrow down to a backup, starter, and anyone worthy of the PS.... leave the third QB spot for a veteran of some kind like Hoyer.

If we don't find talent at QB we execute all 7 of them and do it again the following year until we find our Aaron Rodgers.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
QB first round, and I'd love to see OJ Howard slip to the second round.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
NO.... we draft 7 QBs and bring all of them to TC who survive OTAs..... we are bound to lose 2 of them in OTAs or TC/Pre-Season.... then you got 5 left of which you try to narrow down to a backup, starter, and anyone worthy of the PS.... leave the third QB spot for a veteran of some kind like Hoyer.

If we don't find talent at QB we execute all 7 of them and do it again the following year until we find our Aaron Rodgers.

Well, whatever it takes to get a new QB, I'm on board.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Let Shaw play the entire season if possible to see what you have there and draft two QBs if there are two that you believe have significant upside. Hell, if both turn out to be somewhat capable, you will likely get a higher pick than you used. He may be awful as well, but it is time to hit the refresh button and get rid of Cutler. It is time.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Let Shaw play the entire season if possible to see what you have there and draft two QBs if there are two that you believe have significant upside. Hell, if both turn out to be somewhat capable, you will likely get a higher pick than you used. He may be awful as well, but it is time to hit the refresh button and get rid of Cutler. It is time.

The same Shaw that's out for the year or do you have another in mind?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QB first round, and I'd love to see OJ Howard slip to the second round.

Would be a great pick.

Everything next offseason needs to be about ensuring success of the young QB.

In my world that could include coaching changes as well.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
1[2] QB DeShaun Watson [Clemson]

2[34] OT Conor McDermott [UCLA]

3[66] TE Jordan Leggett [Clemson]

Do not over think it, this draft is about getting the next QB and making sure he is successful.

Yep. Because Pace failed to draft a QB in his first two drafts - we are now desperate and absolutely must use our first round pick on a QB. If we somehow manage to win a few games and pick between 6th and 10th, we'll have to pay a huge price and move up. Making moves out of desperation never works - but we are simply left with no choice now.

It looks like the draft will have three legitimate QB's, who will probably all go in the top 5. God-willing, we'll have a top 5 pick. If not, we're in big, big trouble.

Also, as bad of a need as TE and CB is -- even bigger needs are OL and DE/Edge Rusher. What is the point of acquiring a franchise QB, only to have a turnstile OL ruin him? Here is my picks:

1) QB (non negotiable)
2) OL (have to keep him upright)
3) CB, TE, DE or OLB (best available)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Would be a great pick.

Here's my pick for a new OC:

460514316-e1453755366142.jpg

Nick80

Liked Posts:
i'm suprised HTJ hasn't suggested bring in Josh McD and bringing the real HTJ with him to the bears ...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be a great pick.

Unless Loggains can see his mistakes and all of a sudden flip a switch, he needs to go. Otherwise this teams offense will continue to stall.