Florio: Aaron Rodgers wants new contract

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Update: Rodgers on the Pat McAfee Show:

But, Aaron told McAfee and A.J. Hawk on Tuesday that he wasn't implying anything with his comments ... and an uncertain future is just part of the game in the NFL.

"There's not many absolutes -- as you guys know -- in this business," Rodgers said. "So, to make an absolute statement about something that is not an absolute, I didn't do it. I guess that's why it kind of, went kind of nuts."

Rodgers explained he's always wanted to remain a Packer for life -- similar to Kobe Bryant with the Lakers and Derek Jeter with the Yankees.

"Naturally, you dream about that," Rodgers said.

FYI -- Packers brass is clearly on the same page as Rodgers ... team president Mark Murphy said Tuesday, "We're not idiots. Aaron Rodgers will be back, he's our leader."

Cancel the party, Chicago Bears.

Aaron Rodgers Shoots Down Rumors, No Reason I Won't Be Back In Green Bay (tmz.com)

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but all this giddiness about Aaron Rodgers being unhappy, etc., appears to be a lot of internet hooey... Typical Florio clickbait.

Maybe we should focus on improving our team instead.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who cares where they are drafted.

Rodgers has the best o-line in the game, the best receiver, a top 5 RB(and two good backups). He has a good TE and Lazard and Valdez-Scantling are not scrubs. Offensive weapons are not their problem.

Their biggest problems have been coaching, defense, and chocking. None of which will be fixed by him making more money.
And Rodgers could have played better in the NFC championship.. he made mistakes as well,

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Update: Rodgers on the Pat McAfee Show:

But, Aaron told McAfee and A.J. Hawk on Tuesday that he wasn't implying anything with his comments ... and an uncertain future is just part of the game in the NFL.

"There's not many absolutes -- as you guys know -- in this business," Rodgers said. "So, to make an absolute statement about something that is not an absolute, I didn't do it. I guess that's why it kind of, went kind of nuts."

Rodgers explained he's always wanted to remain a Packer for life -- similar to Kobe Bryant with the Lakers and Derek Jeter with the Yankees.

"Naturally, you dream about that," Rodgers said.

FYI -- Packers brass is clearly on the same page as Rodgers ... team president Mark Murphy said Tuesday, "We're not idiots. Aaron Rodgers will be back, he's our leader."

Cancel the party, Chicago Bears.

Aaron Rodgers Shoots Down Rumors, No Reason I Won't Be Back In Green Bay (tmz.com)

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but all this giddiness about Aaron Rodgers being unhappy, etc., appears to be a lot of internet hooey... Typical Florio clickbait.

Maybe we should focus on improving our team instead.
I’m not sure who actually thought he was unhappy, more like a whiney bitch. He has had everything you could ask for and the only reason to be unhappy is because they lost and he helped.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
And Rodgers could have played better in the NFC championship.. he made mistakes as well,
True. I fall in the same trap as the national media, and forget to blame him for anything. Don't think I've seen a franchise QB that escapes blame like he does. The charms of playing in GB, I guess.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
True. I fall in the same trap as the national media, and forget to blame him for anything. Don't think I've seen a franchise QB that escapes blame like he does. The charms of playing in GB, I guess.
True. The 3rd down play where he could have most likely ran it in (or at the very least got them closer to the goal line) he made a big mistake there....a Trubisky type mistake. It may have made the coaches decision a bit different.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He probably just wants yearly front loaded deals cause Aaron doesn't think he'll play to the end of his current contract <expiring at 2023>

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure who actually thought he was unhappy, more like a whiney bitch. He has had everything you could ask for and the only reason to be unhappy is because they lost and he helped.

I'm sure he doesn't like losing.

I actually wish some of our players were a little less comfortable with it.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm sure he doesn't like losing.

I actually wish some of our players were a little less comfortable with it.
If he doesn’t like losing he should of ran the ball in instead of throwing a ball into double coverage that was almost picked off......seems like,he wasting thinks about winning at that moment.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A 1st round wide receiver. The organization has never drafted one since he has been on the team.

Also, When is the last time GB made a big splash in free agency, on the offensive side of the ball. They were quickly outbid last offseason for Austin Hooper. They just resign all the guys who Rodgers makes great.

The organization let Jordy Nelson, Rodgers favorite receiver, go. It would have been like the Patriots getting rid of Edelman.
You aren’t making a case for Rodgers too well.maybe they should have drafted Kevin White instead of DeVante Adam’s?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
So now it matters where you are drafted? The only thing that matters to,Rodgers is gettin a wide receiver who is drafted in the first round.....regardless of the overall team?

Yes, it absolutely does. It shows that you are allocating resources to help your QB out. You are sending a message to them that you are trying to put them in the best position to succeed. They are afterall your franchise cornerpiece.

On top of not drafting a 1st round wide receiver for the entirety of Rodgers 15 year career, I can't name a free agent wide receiver they spent serious money on..

Again this isn't just a few years they have overlooked him. It has been since 2005. They expect him to turn mid to late round players into all stars.

Bust

Liked Posts:
His family lives in California but this asshole hasn’t spoken to them in 3 years. Fuck Eric Rodgers!

A member of his family needs to write a tell all book as to why Rodgers is acting like a little bitch and holding a grudge for so long. ...cause it will sell.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes, it absolutely does. It shows that you are allocating resources to help your QB out. You are sending a message to them that you are trying to put them in the best position to succeed. They are afterall your franchise cornerpiece.

On top of not drafting a 1st round wide receiver for the entirety of Rodgers 15 year career, I can't name a free agent wide receiver they spent serious money on..

Again this isn't just a few years they have overlooked him. It has been since 2005. They expect him to turn mid to late round players into all stars.
It has no bearing at all.

1. just because you get drafted in the 1st rd with the 1st pick or the 32nd pick does not guarantee anything as to how you are going to play.
2. Green Bay has given 6 pro bowl receivers. how much many have the Bears drafted since 2005?
3. They have never been a big free agent team compared to others.
4. You don’t really believe they way teams draft is according to what a quarterback thinks he wants do you?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Who cares where they are drafted.

Rodgers has the best o-line in the game, the best receiver, a top 5 RB(and two good backups). He has a good TE and Lazard and Valdez-Scantling are not scrubs. Offensive weapons are not their problem.

Their biggest problems have been coaching, defense, and chocking. None of which will be fixed by him making more money.

C'mon now. While I think Lazard can blossom into a good player abd showed the talent this year he is an UDFA that had under 500 career ylreceiving yards coming into the season. Then he got injured. To go into the season highly depending on him to break out, when you could have drafted a receiver in a deep receiving draft is negligence.

Rodgers has shown public frustration with Scantling. He drops alot of balls and is a boom or bust type player. Rodgers puts up with him because he is forced to,, but I have a hard time believing Scantling would be a #2 on many other teams...or at least not on a top 20 offense.

His TE had a breakout year, but again, like Lazard was an UDFA with under 200 careee receiving yards before this year. To go in the year with him and hope Rodgers turns him into a good player is asking alot.

You are putting all the pressure on Rodgers to do everything instead of devoting resources to put him in the best possible position to succeed.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It has no bearing at all.

1. just because you get drafted in the 1st rd with the 1st pick or the 32nd pick does not guarantee anything as to how you are going to play.
2. Green Bay has given 6 pro bowl receivers. how much many have the Bears drafted since 2005?
3. They have never been a big free agent team compared to others.
4. You don’t really believe they way teams draft is according to what a quarterback thinks he wants do you?

Of course your draft position doesn't guarantee anything. I shouldn't have to explain the success rates of players drafted in Rounds 1 vs later rounds. Plus, you are either being very ignorant to the context or just spewing out nonsense.

You have an all time HOF QB. I dont care if you normally don't spend in free agency. That isn't an excuse, especially when the Packers drafted for s*** for a solid decade befor getting a new GM. If you aren't going to spend money than you have to draft well. But they didn't do either for a long span. They just asked Rodgers to basically cover up all the weaknesses.. They literally wasted Rodgers career and until now, haven't done anything. They spent a little bit 2 years ago and all of a sudden they go from a losing season to division Champs.

I think you are vastly under estimating Rodgers role in the offense. Aside from Adams, I dont think any of their offensive weapons are high end talents. I dont care for Aaron Jones either, though I will say he is the best RB Rodgers has ever had, but to me, not a top 10 guy.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
C'mon now. While I think Lazard can blossom into a good player abd showed the talent this year he is an UDFA that had under 500 career ylreceiving yards coming into the season. Then he got injured. To go into the season highly depending on him to break out, when you could have drafted a receiver in a deep receiving draft is negligence.

Rodgers has shown public frustration with Scantling. He drops alot of balls and is a boom or bust type player. Rodgers puts up with him because he is forced to,, but I have a hard time believing Scantling would be a #2 on many other teams...or at least not on a top 20 offense.

His TE had a breakout year, but again, like Lazard was an UDFA with under 200 careee receiving yards before this year. To go in the year with him and hope Rodgers turns him into a good player is asking alot.

You are putting all the pressure on Rodgers to do everything instead of devoting resources to put him in the best possible position to succeed.
Well that was stupid. I hope the packers keep drafting bad players, it’s getting tiresome losing to all the pieces of crap that they put on the field.
Fuck Rodgers and his whiney ass....the packers run a pretty decent organization compared to most.
There are 22 starters (11 on offense and 11 on defense) and a whole roster to fill out and something it’s better to draft who will do best for the team then what will smooth an ego.
the packers do well on their own, even without your help.
By the way the New England Patriots drafted 1 wr in the 1st rd for Brady...........in 2019.
how the hell did that work out?

maybe Rodgers should worry about his own game and stop whining and let everyone else do their jobs

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

The Packers have 60% of their cap committed to offense. 45% to Rodgers and his offensive line, and an $18mm WR, and he's asking for raise for himself. How much more do you want invested in offense? Something has to give. They have a loaded offense, don't forget about their offensive line.

Their defense is already underfunded and everyone complains about it. They fill expensive secondary pieces and dline through their draft instead of extra weapons on a stacked offense.

Tell me, what gives so Rodgers gets an extra toy?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Well that was stupid. I hope the packers keep drafting bad players, it’s getting tiresome losing to all the pieces of crap that they put on the field.
Fuck Rodgers and his whiney ass....the packers run a pretty decent organization compared to most.
There are 22 starters (11 on offense and 11 on defense) and a whole roster to fill out and something it’s better to draft who will do best for the team then what will smooth an ego.
the packers do well on their own, even without your help.
By the way the New England Patriots drafted 1 wr in the 1st rd for Brady...........in 2019.
how the hell did that work out?

maybe Rodgers should worry about his own game and stop whining and let everyone else do their jobs

Yes, I hope the Packers continue to draft as bad as they did last year.

They do have a solid roster, but you have to remember that it is because they went out abd finally spent some money in free agency. They payed a pretty penny to get Amos from us and the Smith broke...and coupled it up with drafting defense with the first two picks in 2019.

But where was the help for offensive skill players?

Comparing to Brady isnt a good comp. The Patriots did bring in Randy Moss and traded for Brandon Cooks. Plus, If anything, Brady left because he felt the NE gave up on trying to spend money on offensive skill pieces. Now look, the Patriots are a hot mess and Brady is playing in the superbowl.