FO: Poles is a Freaking Idiot

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Because you keep brining up where he was drafted. I dont care if you draft a lineman in the 7th, if he plays well thats better than allocating a 1st rounder to it and getting the same performance

I did? Adult reading classes are free. Try them.

So you wouldn't care if we load up defense with 5th-7th rounders? BS. You value defense, 1st round, top 10. Offense, 5th-7th rounds. Just like the Bears. That has us with a 35 year losing record because we don't protect the QB. We get some 7th round J'Taco and get fed a line about how great they are when it's obvious even the QB thinks they are the problem.
Why did we get a LB (Smith) who can tackle for gains instead of the plentiful oline that year who could protect our shiny new QB? What did we hear that year from you about the now proven talented oline players? Not worth the pick for oline, need defense.

If I cared enough I'd pour through videos to show that oline taken after our 2nd round picks were better than Jones and had more impact than our 2nd round picks. I'm sure they were at least as good. But WR was also needed and a higher talent position that I can prove with stats. That single player proves your Poles cheering wrong. He didn't make the team better, he gave you the defense you want because of ancient history, rah freakin' rah. Fuckin Bears meatballs.

What matters about position is that there are 31 other GMs picking them. Better players tend to go earlier. Poles didn't know Jones would be there in the 5th, he didn't know if any of them would be good, he didn't care about oline and was willing to throw shit and see what stuck. He got lucky on one of them.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
DanielCCSBears said:
Alabama a school that hasn't had a successful QB come out of their program since Joe Namath.

Ken Stabler ?? Bart Starr?? Jalen Hurts?? Mac Jones ( jury still out)
Joe Namath's NFL #'s were nothing to write home about.

Those Qb's mentioned above are all from Alabama

Bart Starr came way before Namath. But go ahead and prop your argument with QBs from 65 years ago.

Hurts and Jones yeah I'm certain they'll just be Top-10 QBs in the NFL over the next decade. Absolutely nothing makes it seem like they'll bust.

I'm just showing the good Alabama Qb's from the past.
Respectfully, You're suppose to be a "journalist". So I expect factual, accurate, non biased info. from you.

There have been 'bama Qb's who did well in the NFL, who were better than Namath. A school can't dictate how good a Qb will be in the NFL. Ya have to factor in the type of NFL coaching he gets. That's all I'm saying.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DanielCCSBears said:
Alabama a school that hasn't had a successful QB come out of their program since Joe Namath.

Respectfully, You're suppose to be a "journalist". So I expect factual, accurate, non biased info. from you.

There have been 'bama Qb's who did well in the NFL, who were better than Namath. A school can't dictate how good a Qb will be in the NFL. Ya have to factor in the type of NFL coaching he gets. That's all I'm saying.
Two things i love
1) When R&S owns a dumbass CAC
2) When @DanielCCSBears aka the basement blogger version of the bloated and bald corpse of Jared Lorenzen. getting his ass handed to him by smarter posters(something you literally see every single day)

I got both in one post! SALUTE BROTHER!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He's probably not going to get a ton of value from the Colts if they move from fourth overall to first overall. I doubt they get a second first-round pick next year to go from fourth to first. That's simply wishing in one hand and shitting in the other to see which one fills up faster.

It's not like Trevor Lawrence, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning that type of generational can't miss talent is available at QB this year. It's a 5-10 175-pound kid from Alabama a school that hasn't had a successful QB come out of their program since Joe Namath.

Posting for posterity's sake. Just an amazingly bad post from start to finish.

Just under 10% of the starting QBs in the league are from Alabama. When Young gets drafted, they'll have 4/32 or 13%. One starter made the playoffs his rookie year (Mac), one made the playoffs this year (Tua) and the other made the Super Bowl (Hurts). But yep, no successful QBs, none, in '65 years'. lmfao

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DanielCCSBears said:

I disagree about Joe. He was a terrific quarterback on some really shitty teams.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
DanielCCSBears said:

Again you're missing the point I made very early on.

You're arguing against a point I never made.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Again you're missing the point I made very early on.

You're arguing against a point I never made.

Now wait a minute......in link #82 your last sentence didn't you say..........
DanielCCSBears said:
....... Alabama a school that hasn't had a successful QB come out of their program since Joe Namath.

?????

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I disagree about Joe. He was a terrific quarterback on some really shitty teams.

Well Namath had Don Maynard and Emerson Boozer on offense. Hey I get it.....Namath shined when the spot light was
at it's brightest point.....the 1969 SB

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Namath had Don Maynard and Emerson Boozer on offense. Hey I get it.....Namath shined when the spot light was
at it's brightest point.....the 1969 SB
Yeah. But I also remember Namath at Alabama be he wrecked his ACL. If you ever saw the guy in college you'd be impressed I think. He was big, fast, could scramble and also make up plays out of nothing. The guy still did well in the pros when they could protect him but his knee really crippled him. Reminded me of Butkus and Sayers who were never the same after their surgeries.