For the Defense wins championships crowd

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don’t forget safety as EJ is gone.

Edge looks great in FA even with the expected tags. 3T I haven’t seen as much. Anyone you like?

Well was thinking moreso impact players. At S we just need someone passable but of course a good player there doesnt hurt.

3T is dependend upon one of Jones, Madu, Wilkins making it. Otherwise. Justin Jones, Jefferson and Hurst are some low cost options who have shown good pass rush albeit they are more limited against the run.

They need to re-sign Sneed as well. But that would give them enough to do that pretty easily. Could probably mess with so yuu could keep Thuney even.

Yeah forgot about Sneed.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spags worked Kyle S. Last night.

Also. For their historic run on defense this playoffs. This is not meant to take away from what they've done, because they have absolutely smashed it. Just a couple of specific things that certainly helped them.

Miami playing in the coldest temps ever. Tua and those boys wanted nothing to do with that game.

Buffalo put up the most points against them their playoffs and Buffalo missed a FG to let them off the hook.

Baltimore was one of the best running trams in the league, and their starting RB got like 8 carries or something.

SF last night after immediately after halftime. 10 plays, plus a free possession because of the int, and they decided to throw the ball 8-10 times. That was the difference in the game last night.

Still though, with all that.... well done KC. Balled out on D

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
3 Units win in football.....Offense, Defense AND Special Teams.....I've spouted this since I've been on this board.....yesterday the Chiefs proved it. Forgive me for being boorish, but no one should talk about how 1 unit wins games any longer on this board. I mean unless your head is where the sun doesn't shine. Jerry Krause said it best.. "Organizations win Championships" ........You can thank me later........:beer:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Spags worked Kyle S. Last night.

Also. For their historic run on defense this playoffs. This is not meant to take away from what they've done, because they have absolutely smashed it. Just a couple of specific things that certainly helped them.

Miami playing in the coldest temps ever. Tua and those boys wanted nothing to do with that game.

Buffalo put up the most points against them their playoffs and Buffalo missed a FG to let them off the hook.

Baltimore was one of the best running trams in the league, and their starting RB got like 8 carries or something.

SF last night after immediately after halftime. 10 plays, plus a free possession because of the int, and they decided to throw the ball 8-10 times. That was the difference in the game last night.

Still though, with all that.... well done KC. Balled out on D
Great teams take advantage of other teams weaknesses.....whatever those weaknesses are.....that's part of the totality of winning championships.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Chiefs hit on a fair number of mid and late round picks but now they are starting to run into trouble cap wise. Chris Jones isn't coming back as he is going to want to make that Bag on what could be his last contract. You remove him from the front 4 and it's kind of average at best.

Also, something not many talk about, is that when a team hits on a lot of mid-round guys, they come up for contracts much faster because of how the league is structured. Chiefs are going to have to start coming up with big money to keep their LB group together as well as that secondary.

The Chiefs were ripe for the taking this year... Yes, they won but man, Baltimore and San Fran also made some just fucking dumb decisions. I mean Baltimore is the #1 rushing team in the league (and every knows you can run on the Chiefs this year) but for some reason they only run the ball 8 times? San Fran had Purdy pass 38 times when McCaffrey was getting 4+ yards a carry and they stopped running play action and bootlegs in the 2nd half? I mean come on, there was some really shitty coaching by opposing teams that helped KC out alot.

Its like coaches kept thinking this was the KC team from 2 years ago, where they were an offensive juggernaut. If Baltimore just played they normal game, we wouldn't have even been talking about the Chiefs today.
All your comments are on target, the Chiefs got lucky twice. Ravens Offensive plan looked something Nagy would
have put together and Shanny is overrated. The announcers even said before the game he told them he was going to run
the ball 30 times. Did you notice all the plays Bears castoff Pennel made?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spags should be considered one of, if not THE best defensive coordinator of all time

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
All your comments are on target, the Chiefs got lucky twice. Ravens Offensive plan looked something Nagy would
have put together and Shanny is overrated. The announcers even said before the game he told them he was going to run
the ball 30 times. Did you notice all the plays Bears castoff Pennel made?
yes I did...what I don't remember is he is a Bear cast off! Thanks for the tidbit.....which regime cut him?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Defense kept them in all these games, mahomie won them tho
Mahomes would not have had anything to win if the defense had not contained the 49er offense. Mahomes is not going to suddenly score 21 points in the 4th quarter if the defense were not able to keep the score reasonably close. After all, the 49ers also know that defense wins championships too.

Bust

Liked Posts:
KC Defense sure did it's job. Hall of Fame Lock headcoach Andy Reid getting rewarded for sticking with his D-Coordinator thru thick and thin, even when they were middle of the pack. Chemistry and continuity matters boyz.

pretty much shutdown the 49ers with 4 first team all pro targets (Alyuk, Kittle, Deebo, McCaff)

Kittle, 2catches 4yds
Deebo, 11 targets but only caught 3 balls. Worse catch percentage than Justin Fields throwing to Darnell Mooney
McCaff, 3.6 per carry, longest run was only for 11 yards
Alyuk, 3 for 49 yards, 6 targets

3 of 12 on 3rd down conversion #ouch

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finding the next Mahomes in the draft is a fools errand.

31 teams could be doing that and never make it happen.

Make no mistake, the Chiefs defense was a big part of their playoffs and Superbowl victory.

The Chiefs were having serious issues until Jones came back.

The Bears looked like different team with Sweat added to the roster.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Spags should be considered one of, if not THE best defensive coordinator of all time
Im not so sure. He’s damn good. But just last year his D gave up 31pts in the SB