For Those Not Wanting Fox as HC

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
After Emery, people want the pendulum to swing too far back in the other direction. They want the safe choice, and Fox is the safe choice. The problem isn't that Emery tried to hit a home run with Trestman, it is that he struck out swinging. That doesn't mean Price will too if he hires a coordinator with no previous HC experience.

Two years ago I didn't want Andy Reid because I didn't want a retread. But then he looked like a brilliant choice for KC. Now, is anyone thinking he is going to take them to a championship in the next couple years? I certainly don't know. It's more a gut feeling than an educated opinion, but I'm just not excited about hiring a guy who has been around a long time with only a few good years to show for it (and some of those behind a 1st ballott HOF qb).

Let Price take his shot at finding the next Tomlin.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's cute that all the idiots over at Da Bears beat decided to make a website about me. I hope your bitter, I really do. It makes me smile knowing how much my success upsets all of you.

Have fun with your site that has/will get nowhere.

is that site a blog or is it also a messageboard? I'd like to create an account if it's the latter. If the former, what are their comment posting criteria?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Da Bears is basically the site where people who are even too Special person for this place go.

I've never been, but I've heard the list of people who are over there, and yes, they are better off segregated from the rest of society.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree, the BEARS are exactly in the place to take such a risk. Hell, they are going to suck balls the next two years regardless, worse thing that can happen is they suck a little bit worse and we compile talent (aka lions). As long as Pace is up to the task, what do we really have to lose? 2-14 vs 6-9 ? does that really matter?

You know damn well if we hire whoever it is you want you will bitch that it was a stupid hire at the first sign of adversity.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Bears need a HC that can develop players can bring in solid OC,DC, ST coordinators IMO games are won in the off season and the week before Sunday

Hope Pace makes the right decision and Hires...

John FoXXX.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know damn well if we hire whoever it is you want you will bitch that it was a stupid hire at the first sign of adversity.

Not true, have to reserve judgment at least 2 years, most likely three....

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Do you realize how big of balls Emery had to have to choose Trestman over Arians? He to got caught up in unrealistic hopes and dreams. Fuck balls I'll take brains and common sense in my GM.

Well atleast we really know how Pace 'Blew' Ted and Mike away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
With one of, if not the most talented team in the NFL and one of the greatest QBs of all time (albeit in the twilight of his career) Fox coached a team to the Super Bowl where he and his team were absolutely destroyed.

The Bears might have half the talent level the Broncos do and Fox is also a poor in game tactician, he was a routine presence in Bill Barnwell's Thank You For Not Coaching articles for example.

Fox isn't bad, but he's a known quantity, give him a fantastic roster and he might get you to a Super Bowl where he will then lose. Granted, I don't see any better options, maybe he can help rebuild the roster and then we can punt him, or maybe I'm totally wrong which would be fine by mean.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He took a 1 win panther team and had em in the SB in 2 years

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Honestly there's not anyone better out there that anyone knows of. Maybe one on these lesser known coordinators will be incredible head coaches, but that's quite a risk to take. And remember, the last GM lost his job over taking such a huge risk in hiring his head coach. Fox is the safest pick for Pace to make.

Trestman
Lovie
Jauron
Wannstedt
Ditka
Armstrong
Pardee
Gibron
Dooley
Halas
Driscoll
Johnsos
Anderson
Jonesie
Cook
Brannon
Wasem

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why was GustavousAldophous banned from CCS?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
WTF?

I necro link Ommies post in here in another thread and someone necros the thread????

Talk about necro plagiarism...