For Those Not Wanting Fox as HC

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed with the larger point you are making about Caldwell. Trestman was incompetent. Fox has demonstrated competence. Problem with hiring an unknown is you are more likely, statistically, to get a dud. You may hire a great coach and he may still flame out (Belichick and Carroll both failed miserably in their first attempts as NFL head coaches). The talent that Pace assembles is the most important factor in this variable. We go to great lengths and use the intangibles (leadership, discipline, moxie, blah, blah, etc.) to explain why a guy succeeded. It's a pretty simple equation- give a competent coach enough talent and they will win. Fox can win if given enough talent. The other candidates? Who knows? Maybe yes- but more likely, no.

We are not so apart on logic, But Fox had arguably the best roster in the last two years of any football team.....he got close, but no cigar. I do agree there is risk in hiring an assistant, were we differ on is that a risk worth taking. It's impossible to ascertain who is right, who is wrong, it's all just speculation at this point. But the purpose of the thread was for those that don't want fox to state why. So I did.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Believe it or not, there are some fans that think we are going to find a magical coach somewhere that no one else knows about that will get us to a SB win in 2016

so you're saying that bringing in Fox guarantees victories? That's what you're saying. Again, Ditka was a first year HC as was Lovie, and both took the Bears to the SB. But, I wouldn't want either back because they are no longer in their prime. So ironically, the Bears have succeeded twice in that venture. Magic!

The hit on Fox is game day adjustments. I'm tired of coaches who can't make in game adjustments. Let's leave Practice as practice and move to a coach who can coach live during gametime.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so you're saying that bringing in Fox guarantees victories? That's what you're saying. Again, Ditka was a first year HC as was Lovie, and both took the Bears to the SB. But, I wouldn't want either back because they are no longer in their prime. So ironically, the Bears have succeeded twice in that venture. Magic!

The hit on Fox is game day adjustments. I'm tired of coaches who can't make in game adjustments. Let's leave Practice as practice and move to a coach who can coach live during gametime.

No..

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
We are not so apart on logic, But Fox had arguably the best roster in the last two years of any football team.....he got close, but no cigar. I do agree there is risk in hiring an assistant, were we differ on is that a risk worth taking. It's impossible to ascertain who is right, who is wrong, it's all just speculation at this point. But the purpose of the thread was for those that don't want fox to state why. So I did.

Fair enough- I see your points. Let's both agree that if Pace doesn't re-stock the roster- no coach, living or dead, will be able to turn this team around.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well sure it is, if you can't guarantee victories than you have nothing any different than any first year coach coming in. Or magical as you wanted to point out. Your words.

No..

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough- I see your points. Let's both agree that if Pace doesn't re-stock the roster- no coach, living or dead, will be able to turn this team around.

I am fine with that, but who (fox or Austin) would be better at evaluating young talent (assuming they have at least some influence). Fox's golden years (the last 4) has largely had it's success based on FA talent.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Denver fans seem to like Fox as a person, but here is a comment that sums up how they feel about him as a coach:

"What's better than John Fox four years in a row?
Not having John Fox five years in a row! "

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Can you articulate why it is you do not want him? Can you also explain who you'd want, and why?

I don't want him because I see him as Lovie 2.0. Respectable coach that will bring stability, but the Bears won't win shit with him. None of the coaching prospects this year seem like home runs, but I'd rather have Bevell. I think his development of Russell Wilson has been outstanding, and it's been said that he was the one that scouted and wanted Wilson. That's something the Bears are going to need since Cutler doesn't seem like he's going to be here past next season.

That said, if Fox brings Gase or Kyle Shanahan with him, I'd be fairly happy with that. Honestly though, I don't see Fox as moving forward, I see it as moving laterally. Though, we took a couple steps back with Trestman, so I guess it technically is moving forward, but the team is a HC away of being where it was 3 years ago IMO.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I don't want him because I see him as Lovie 2.0. Respectable coach that will bring stability, but the Bears won't win shit with him. None of the coaching prospects this year seem like home runs, but I'd rather have Bevell. I think his development of Russell Wilson has been outstanding, and it's been said that he was the one that scouted and wanted Wilson. That's something the Bears are going to need since Cutler doesn't seem like he's going to be here past next season.

That said, if Fox brings Gase or Kyle Shanahan with him, I'd be fairly happy with that. Honestly though, I don't see Fox as moving forward, I see it as moving laterally. Though, we took a couple steps back with Trestman, so I guess it technically is moving forward, but the team is a HC away of being where it was 3 years ago IMO.
I'm loving listening to Bernstein today. What a fool. He is promoting mediocrity on the air. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, go away fool. Him and his crystal ball.

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Atleast the Bears got another GM with no balls. Can we just skip forward 3years and have this over with?
Virginia my ass, stop lying to the fans about wanting to win. Just sell the team to someone that cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Atleast the Bears got another GM with no balls. Can we just skip forward 3years and have this over with?
Virginia my ass, stop lying to the fans about wanting to win. Just sell the team to someone that cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you realize how big of balls Emery had to have to choose Trestman over Arians? He to got caught up in unrealistic hopes and dreams. Fuck balls I'll take brains and common sense in my GM.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I am fine with that, but who (fox or Austin) would be better at evaluating young talent (assuming they have at least some influence). Fox's golden years (the last 4) has largely had it's success based on FA talent.
You do realize Elway was the one swinging for the fences with High priced FAs right? There's a reason they no longer work together and that's because Fox prefers to build a team the right way. There is no cohesion when u bring in guys from other teams. Talent only goes so far.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
The Denver fans seem to like Fox as a person, but here is a comment that sums up how they feel about him as a coach:

"What's better than John Fox four years in a row?
Not having John Fox five years in a row! "
Yeah fans always have a rational point of view. Why would a GM hire a coach that the fans don't like? That's just a crazy and irresponsible way to run a team. ..

Liked Posts:
Grain of salt, or source it on the message board as fact, like Teddy.

It's cute that all the idiots over at Da Bears beat decided to make a website about me. I hope your bitter, I really do. It makes me smile knowing how much my success upsets all of you.

Have fun with your site that has/will get nowhere.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has a history of not being able to make game time adjustments and freezing. One incident is when there was 35 seconds before halftime and the Broncos were on the opponents 45 yard line. He made manning take a knee. The Broncos forum has plenty of these stories. While the Broncos defense was good statistically this year, they have failed every time in key situations over the past 3 years. There have been tons of time when they couldnt get pressure on the QB and Fox and his staff had no solution.

Bronoc fans are celebrating this guy being gone

This.