Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Which coach was jt?
The article didn't say a name, so take it for what it's worth. Here's the money quote:

Fields was a polarizing character as the Bears starting quarterback, and according to NFL writer Tyler Dunne, at least one Chicago coach was highly critical of Fields:
Watch his eyes. He tries to see the whole thing and doesn’t see anything. His eyes are all over the place and it’s just really hard to watch. It’s just bad football.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Super dramatic way of putting it.

Last year I mentioned a few times that Fields goes through his progressions way too fast. He's off the primary sometimes before the play has time to develop. He doesn't feel the timing of lots of routes, doesn't have the patience to allow them to develop. Probably not the best at presnap identification either. I think that's what this guy is getting at in a dramatic way.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you had, you wouldn't have posted that. To be fair, he looked to be trying very hard to make his progressions in sequence and his head movement looked better as time went on but he still didn't appear to actually process all that well. Unlike when he rejected to correct his drop timing, he was genuinely trying to read properly. Just wasn't progressing appropriately and the overstated 'didn't see anything' part unfortunately extended to the rush and some presnap stuff.

I guess we can't discuss Trubs or Cutler etc anymore either. This is proper football talk and still current events unless you're still butthurt and are having trouble coming to terms with it. I don't recall any QB change that didn't have significant discussion of differences. It's a fucking FB forum and we haven't seen any real ball since JF was our QB. I wish him well.

Last edited:

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be curious if this was a comment from the Nagy or Flus staff... seems the writer's source is from Pace's/Nagy's time. I'd prefer that these leaks aren't coming from people still hanging around HH. To the actual things said, ultimately, it doesn't even matter. We all saw this and knew it was a problem.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be curious if this was a comment from the Nagy or Flus staff... seems the writer's source is from Pace's/Nagy's time. I'd prefer that these leaks aren't coming from people still hanging around HH. To the actual things said, ultimately, it doesn't even matter. We all saw this and knew it was a problem.
There is little context around it...when was it from...rookie year? no shit...

Also, he's gone. The Bears have bigger fish to fry now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does it matter when the quote was from when many here have said the same regarding last year's play. The issue was never that this was a problem as a rookie. It was that it didn't improve enough after 3 years. CW should also not get judged until the start of year 3. I was pro Fields until then and saw there wasn't enough advancement.

I'd wager that some complaining about this thread will jump on CW if his game isn't all that early on. Something most here agreeing with the quote did not do to JF. It's just odd that this thread still needs to be actively rebuked as opposed to ignored by those that say we need to move on from real FB talk.

We have and before those that are complaining.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fields never had the processing ability. This has been mentioned many, many times. Don’t need an anonymous coach to tell us. Fields is off to Pittsburgh now.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which coach was jt?
Here is the list of former coaches

Ex-
Offensive coordinator Luke Getsy,
QBs coach Andrew Janocko,
WRs coach Tyke Tolbert,
RBs coach Omar Young
assistant TEs coach Tim Zetts.

My bet - Most likely Janocko or possibly Tyke Tolbert...

Getsy doubtful since he is friends with JF and the other 2 guys not primary to the passing game

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Move on please, he is in a different organization now. Wish him well but time to go forward not look in the rear view mirror
Some people simply can’t let go.

Then why haven't you all moved on?

Seems to me that all the Fields fandom are so butt hurt and want everyone to move on...

What else is there to talk about in the off-season??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then why haven't you all moved on?

Seems to me that all the Fields fandom are so butt hurt and want everyone to move on...

What else is there to talk about in the off-season??
SS wasn’t a Fields stan dipshit. Simply stating that people can’t let it go doesn’t mean someone hasn’t moved on you cunt.